Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:01:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Predictions - vs Seahawks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Predictions - vs Seahawks  (Read 4054 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:46 pm »

Classic trap game.

Seattle, 17-10.

no ..........that will be next week when the Raiders visit.  Roll Eyes

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 03:33:34 pm »

I'm gonna keep the fun coming, since they win when I predict losses and vice-versa:

Seattle 20, Miami 13.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Ghost350z

mradt99 ghstp5
Email
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 04:17:11 pm »

Dolphins:  473
Seahawks:   9

Ronnie Brown sets an NFL record with 45 rushing TDs...causing a blood vessel in Tepop's neck to explode.

Joey Porter sacks Seneca Wallace 9 times, and is convicted of manslaughter after ripping Seneca's head off after the final sack and kicking it into the stands.

I said it went across in the 20 yard line ref!!!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 04:59:07 pm »

Seahawks 10
Dolphins 28

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 04:05:20 pm »

Microsoft=13

US-1=24

TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 04:52:25 pm »

after reading the seahawks injury report, i have to revise my prediction

Fins 41
Seahawks 13

henne comes in in garbage time (entire 2nd half), and tosses 2 bombs to Ginn just for fun
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 06:39:10 pm »

you guys are crazy.  do you watch the same Dolphins I watch every week?

Seahawks 27
Dolphins 17

Take it to the bank.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 07:18:05 pm »

you guys are crazy.  do you watch the same Dolphins I watch every week?

Seahawks 27
Dolphins 17

Take it to the bank.

whta are you basing this prediction on?  have you read the injury reports?  have you noticed the west coast's east coast record? have you checked out the seahawks this year?
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 06:09:17 pm »

How many receivers do the Seahawks have injured right now? Their top 8? OK, maybe not anymore now that they have Koren Robinson back... They might actually get Deion Branch as well...

Still, not having receivers kind of makes it hard to exploit our weak secondary. Statistically, we've done well against #1 receivers, but have been among the worst against #2 receivers (and only average against tight ends and passes to running backs). A depleted receiving corps should give our D a chance to shine, though.

I really do think we can hold the Seahawks' offense in check. Julius Jones is good, but I don't think he can carry the team.

Can we score enough to win, is always the question, of course. Against the 'hawks? Yeah, I think we can. They're very, very bad against the pass. Among the worst in the league in defending passes to every single kind of receiver.

The one concern I have is all this playoff talk that's being bandied about among the players. Seriously, if they get overconfident now...

We're not a great team. Not even a good team. We are better than the injury-ravaged Seahawks, though.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 10:51:50 pm »

Posted by: fyo      Posted on: Today at 06:09:17 PM
Insert Quote
How many receivers do the Seahawks have injured right now? Their top 8? OK, maybe not anymore now that they have Koren Robinson back... They might actually get Deion Branch as well...

Still, not having receivers kind of makes it hard to exploit our weak secondary. Statistically, we've done well against #1 receivers, but have been among the worst against #2 receivers (and only average against tight ends and passes to running backs). A depleted receiving corps should give our D a chance to shine, though.

Our "weak secondary" has been doing some body building lately.  They are totally different from the beginning of the season.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 08:53:23 am »

Our "weak secondary" has been doing some body building lately.  They are totally different from the beginning of the season.

Goodman has stepped up his coverage, but he's still very vulnerable to double moves and his open field tackling sucks. Goodman is the reason we're having success at limiting #1 receivers.

As for our secondary being "totally different"... well, let's not get carried away. Again, Goodman looked really solid last week, but we allowed Peyton Hillis (a FULLBACK) 116 yards and a touchdown. The week before that, Lee Evans got 116 yards, although not a touchdown. The week before that, Derrick Mason got 87 yards and a touchdown (his first of the season - he only had 5 touchdowns and no 100-yard games last year, despite starting every single game).
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 09:40:44 am »

hawks - 13
phins - 31
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray