Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:05:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Camarillo done for season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Camarillo done for season  (Read 3169 times)
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 24, 2008, 01:28:26 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3723327

Apparently, his knee has exploded.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:28:44 pm »

SHIT

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:30:08 pm »

That is bad.

Really bad.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 01:43:45 pm »

I'll probably take heat on this...but why couldn't this have happened the week "before" he was set to sign the large contract? Don't get me wrong, I hope Camarillo recovers and continues to make big catches for the Phins, but this shit just seems to happen too often right after the ink dries.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:45:33 pm »

^^^

I'm sure that no one is more pissed about it than Greg Camarillo himself. The guy is a class act.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
ochizon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 01:54:42 pm »

look at it this way: he's going to miss 5 games.  Not that big a deal.  He'll be back next season.
Tepop84
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 01:55:34 pm »

look at it this way: he's going to miss 5 games.  Not that big a deal.  He'll be back next season.

That is very pessimistic of you.  I hope he misses more than 5 games and be back next season.
DolFan619
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:00:55 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3723327

Apparently, his knee has exploded.

A "knee explosion" would be the type of injury Daunte Culpepper suffered.  Greg tore his ACL.  Might want to your choose words a little more carefully, next time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:22:09 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 02:12:03 pm »

Of course he is.

Sad

Thank GOD Best has learned to run some routes.  He's coming on a little bit.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

I'd agree with you, Stroke, 9 times out of 10, but in his case, he was making league minimum.  I think it's still worth it for us, and the guy deserved it.

Injuries are part of the NFL and the NFL is a business.  So, I don't fault you for being cold-hearted about it.

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 02:19:45 pm »

I'll probably take heat on this...but why couldn't this have happened the week "before" he was set to sign the large contract? Don't get me wrong, I hope Camarillo recovers and continues to make big catches for the Phins, but this shit just seems to happen too often right after the ink dries.

Had he been slacking up to this point, signed and then got nuked I would agree.  But he'll be fine next season and he is the type of guy Miami needs on this team - a bulldog attitude that isn't afraid to get dirty.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 02:27:53 pm »

A "knee explosion" would be the type of injury Daunte Culpepper suffered.  Greg tore his ACL.  Might want to your choose words a little more carefully, next time.

I was actually about to post a more concise synopsis of the injury. Here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9495

However, at the time of my original post, the injury was not specified: the only information I had was that his knee was injured and that he was done for the season. So I just picked a word which sounded grisly, because season-ending knee injuries ARE grisly.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:36:31 pm by SCFinfan » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 02:39:10 pm »

I just hate to see the "sign and ouch" happen to the Phins or the Niners...and hope the Camel comes back just as good as he was.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ochizon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:54 pm »

That is very pessimistic of you.  I hope he misses more than 5 games and be back next season.

LOL, that dream ended yesterday
afphinfan

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 05:13:02 pm »

I really hate that this happened as I like Camarillo and I do hate to see someone signed to a contract they earned and then get hurt ... but speaking of getting our $$$ worth out of a player how about getting Wilford's @$$ on the field and making him at least work a sweat.

I don't care if they line him up and just make him run deep routes every play or make him run some slot through the middle ... but if he's gonna collect a check then he outta be getting dirty. At least put him on special teams and make him run down people making 10x less then him.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray