Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:13:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Who should the dolphins pick in the next draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Who should the dolphins pick in the next draft  (Read 28725 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 06:38:18 pm »

Why is this in the anti-fins section? Seems fairly pro-fins to me. Grin

Michael Crabtree (how did I get this in before Sunstroke saw the thread?)

Because I didn't see this thread...I don't visit anti-fins very often.

I love Michael Crabtree, and think whoever drafts him will get an elite WR of the Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson caliber. We need WRs, we need DBs, we need more beef for our O-line, and we need help at several LB positions. I'll stick with Crabtree for my pick, but I don't think there is any chance of him being on the board when Miami comes up (remember, we don't have the #1 pick this time...yay!).

As long as Ireland-Parcells-Sparano bring in a draft class as good as this past one, I'll be happy.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DolFan619
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 06:46:26 pm »

I don't think there is any chance of him being on the board when Miami comes up (remember, we don't have the #1 pick this time...yay!).

As of right now, Miami has the 18th overall pick, no way Crabtree lasts till #18.  I would love to have Crabtree, but the idea of him slipping that much seems unlikely.

Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 10:23:51 pm »

I would love to see the Dolphins take Vontae Davis,  he would be a great foundation to build/improve the secondary.  My only fear is that he would turn out to be a bum like his brother.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 10:31:37 pm »

Good call on the nose tackle, but there again like receiver you might have to wait until a later round to get him.  Coaches look for certain bodies to play the nose in a 3-4 and I don't know who would fit that out of the list of tackles coming out of college.  It would certainly be a good pick. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 07:34:35 am »

What about "best player available"?

Are the Dolphins solid enough at any position to pass on a "sure thing"?  Which positions don't need a major upgrade?  OT and RB? 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:01 am »

Which positions don't need a major upgrade?  OT and RB? 

I think we need to get a good RB... wait... No, tepop did not hack my account!

RW is not exactly young and just a nervous twitch away from feeling the wrath of Goodell's ban-hammer. He's just not a player the franchise can rely on.

Ronnie is a great back (see? no tepop here!), but he is back from a major knee injury and while he has done better than I expected, he's still a somewhat risky proposition. Great upside, if he can fully return to last years' form, but what if he can't? What if he re-injures the knee?

I'm not saying we should spend a high pick on a new back, but I would like us to go after a heavy bruiser. A real short-yardage monster. I don't follow college ball, so I have no insights, but from looking at the numbers, I'd say someone like Anthony Dixon or PJ Hill (should they declare) would be worth a look.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 08:35:28 am »

I think we need to get a good RB... wait... No, tepop did not hack my account!

RW is not exactly young and just a nervous twitch away from feeling the wrath of Goodell's ban-hammer. He's just not a player the franchise can rely on.

Ronnie is a great back (see? no tepop here!), but he is back from a major knee injury and while he has done better than I expected, he's still a somewhat risky proposition. Great upside, if he can fully return to last years' form, but what if he can't? What if he re-injures the knee?

I'm not saying we should spend a high pick on a new back, but I would like us to go after a heavy bruiser. A real short-yardage monster. I don't follow college ball, so I have no insights, but from looking at the numbers, I'd say someone like Anthony Dixon or PJ Hill (should they declare) would be worth a look.

Personally, I think drafting those RB's in the sixth round last year were wasted picks.  Both are on the practice squad at this point. 

I seriously hope they address the secondary, as not a single DB has been drafted the past two seasons. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 09:43:38 am »

Personally, I think drafting those RB's in the sixth round last year were wasted picks.  Both are on the practice squad at this point. 

Hilliard and Parmele... Of the 10 running backs drafted in the 6th or later, I think Hillis is the only one doing anything.

I do think a big reason the Trifecta drafted those two was the uncertainty of R&R. It was necessary to have depth in case one or both were lost. There was a very real risk that neither player would be available at the season opener (Ronnie could've had a setback, Ricky could've "twitched"). That scenario needed to be taken into consideration.

Parmele was described in the draft-material as "more of a fullback", but Hilliard is closer to the "bruising back" type I'm looking for. Still, he's not quite big enough, but I really think he could make the roster next year if he can bulk up a bit.

Parmele is SOL if he really is more of a fullback. Parcells and Sparano prefer blocking tight ends to fullbacks, so any player for that spot will get chosen primarily on special teams performance.

I seriously hope they address the secondary, as not a single DB has been drafted the past two seasons.

No disagreement here. We need to spend top picks on DBs. I wouldn't mind d-line, if the "right" player is there.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 03:36:29 pm »

RBs are a dime a dozen.  You can plug in a 2nd rate jobber at the position and still win games.  And also, you can "find" RB talent.  Remember Bernie Parmale?  And their lifespan in the NFL is really short.

You can't find a corner.  But if you do get one, you can hold on to them for a decade.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 05:30:48 pm »

We could still use an OL and a reciever , but the Main focus of the draft will be the Defese and Special Teams/depth. I think they will draft high for a DT and spend some high draft picks (at least one of the 2nd rounders available ) on a DB.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 06:10:31 pm »

George Selvie
DolFan619
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »

This draft will probably be almost identical to the 2008 Draft.  Not a lot of "sexy" picks, just continued focus on both lines, as well as LB's and DB's.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:24:32 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 11:03:25 pm »

This draft will probably almost identical to the 2008 Draft.  Not a lot of "sexy" picks, just continued focus on both lines, as well as LB's and DB's.

Exactly. Fuck the sexy Picks. Leave that to The Raiders and the Lions.  #1 draft picks are VERY over rated. Plenty of killer players elsewhere and we got 2 # two picks........... Evil

raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 02:14:15 pm »

Why is this in the anti-fins section? Seems fairly pro-fins to me. Grin

i put it here because some may seem it to be a negative post since it makes the impression that i am giving up on the season
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 11:05:29 pm »

Yes !!! Especially with Colt Brennan still on the board. Henne is the future but I'd would really love to have Colt holding a clipboard Vs. Beck............

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray