Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:27:24 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- Bills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- Bills  (Read 6596 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:38:51 pm »

My Shame of the Game goes to kicker Dan Carpenter.  Sure he made 3 field goals, but he missed one, did a lot of short kickoffs, including a pathetic attempt at an onside kick that gave the Bills the ball at their 48 and down only 2 scores.  The result was him getting reamed at on the sidelines by Coach Sparano.... which was rightly deserved.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:16:58 pm »

I think it has to go to Anthony Fasano, whose holding penalty negated a touchdown.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:36:16 pm »

Shame of the Game:

JP Losman.  You played like shit and thus Lee Evans didn't do anything, ending my fantasy football season at 7-7

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:36:03 am »

It can't be Fasano -- he caught our only TD.

Tommy, do you think that was really an onside kick?  It was a weird kick.  It looked to me like he screwed up a squib kick or something.  I can't imagine that they'd be trying to onside kick at that point.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:49:34 am »

Tommy, do you think that was really an onside kick?  It was a weird kick.  It looked to me like he screwed up a squib kick or something.  I can't imagine that they'd be trying to onside kick at that point.

I don't really know what it was after looking at it again.  Whatever it was, he clearly didn't do what he was supposed to do, hence the ass chewing from Coach Sparano.  As a result of that botched kick, Buffalo got the ball on their 48.  Luckily with the way our defense was playing yesterday, they could've stopped General Patton's tanks. 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 09:31:12 am »

I gotta agree with Carpenter.  He has sucked balls lately.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:41:02 am »

No one gets a SOTG from me...there were little mistakes here and there....Even though Carpenter messed up that kickoff and missed that last field goal, he still hit three key FG's earlier in the game...and I didn't really see the hold that Fasano made...I think it was one of those BS calls.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:09:16 pm »

When 10 of your 16 points come from the boot of your kicker, including a 50yd shot, I struggle to see how he can be commended with the worst performance of the day.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:27:23 pm »

When 10 of your 16 points come from the boot of your kicker, including a 50yd shot, I struggle to see how he can be commended with the worst performance of the day.

He missed a 47(I think) yard kick!  The bum!  He should be cut!

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:49:31 pm »

No one gets a SOTG from me...there were little mistakes here and there....Even though Carpenter messed up that kickoff and missed that last field goal, he still hit three key FG's earlier in the game...and I didn't really see the hold that Fasano made...I think it was one of those BS calls.

Agreed.  No shame of the game this week....  Miami won a division game on the road 16-3, which moved the Phins into a 3 way tie for the division lead....the offense put up enough points to win this game,  the defense only gave up 3 points, and special teams got the job done.

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:40 pm »

According to Carpenter in the post game interview with Mad Dog ... they have a hole in their kick-off game that Carpenter was supposed to hit. He obviously missed. Prior to his missing that field goal he was 14 for his last 14. That's not too shabby! While he may not have been perfect ... I really can't see giving him a SOG award.  His 50 yarder was more important to this game than the one he missed IMO.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 05:02:13 pm »

My SOTG goes to Tommy for starting this thread (1) and giving it to a rookie kicker that made three FG's (one over 50 yards) on a turf that looked more like chewed up tar than turf.

Miami wins on the road, scores 16 points, holds Buffalo to 3...and, yet, this thread is started any way.

SOTG to Tommy. 

Cheers.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:52:35 pm »

My SOTG goes to Tommy for starting this thread (1) and giving it to a rookie kicker that made three FG's (one over 50 yards) on a turf that looked more like chewed up tar than turf.

Miami wins on the road, scores 16 points, holds Buffalo to 3...and, yet, this thread is started any way.

SOTG to Tommy. 

Cheers.

Dude..........nobody cheers harder for the Fins then Tommy. I can now attest to that personally.  Roll Eyes

That said............Carpenter played well except for that Onside/sqib/WTF???!!  thingy.........

My SOTG goes to the Fucking Seattle Seahawks for not holding on to thier goddamned lead they had the whole game and giving us a 3way instead of a 2way Tie for first! Angry  Holmgren you Suck balls!!

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 02:08:24 am »

My SOTG goes to that Colts fan they showed on TV in the first quarter. He missed his team's game, and went to the wrong country to do it.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 02:08:59 am »

I say Renaldo Hill because I'm tired of seeing that sleepy bitch trailing plays on long passes and waiting for others to make tackles.  That shit will come back to bite us (again) before this season is out.  Thank the football gods that JP Loserman throws fade routes 5-yards out of bounds like Jay Fiedler.

I was pretty pissed upon watching the Seachickens choke too, Defense.  Change the fucking snap count up Jr. High style now and then.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray