Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:59:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- Bills
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- Bills  (Read 6597 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »

I think it's pretty funny that Carpenter was named AFC player of the week despite some of you naming him "SOTG"!   Maybe you should broaden your criteria.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/807345.html
NFL: Carpenter should be player of week despite errors
Dolphins coach Tony Sparano might have yelled at kicker Dan Carpenter after Carpenter botched a pooch kickoff Sunday and Carpenter subsequently missed his first field goal since October, but the NFL decided none of that should prevent Carpenter from being AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.

Carpenter went three of four on field goals in Sunday's 16-3 win over Buffalo, including a 50-yard field goal. By hitting his first three field goal attempts, Carpenter tied an NFL rookie record of 14 consecutive field goals set by the Giants Ali Haji-Sheikh in 1983.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 07:48:18 pm »

I didn't pick Carpenter for shame, but this award isn't because of his great play in this game.  It's pretty much a recognition of him tying the rookie record.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray