Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:12:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Coupla wins, but not so rosey...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Coupla wins, but not so rosey...  (Read 7747 times)
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 12:31:34 am »

The last two weeks, the Dolphins squared off against the league's toilet, and escaped with two important wins.  But, is it really a sign of greatness?

The Dolphins are 8-5 as of now, but how much of that is due to a good team and how much due to a schedule weaker than my grandmother in an arm wrestling tournament?

Now I know you're all saying "If I had told you last year that the Dolphins would have 8 wins..." Save it.  I'm still a firm believer that last year's team was WAY better than 1-15, but suffered key injuries 2 or three levels deep on the depth charts.

Fast forward to this season.  Last week, the Dolphins go to St. Louis, a team that had been blown out 3 straight weeks by the Jets, 49ers, and Bears, and barely eek out a 16-12 win.  They could only punch the ball over the goal line once against the league's worst defense.  Granted the defense stepped up and held the Rams out, but this is the league's second-worst team.  If the Dolphins are really a "good" team, they should have crushed the Rams.

This week, the Dolphins go to Toronto and play an equally flat offensive game, scoring the same 16 points thanks to an early TD and nothing after that.  Buffalo's defense is considerably better than the Rams', but really?  Only 2 TD's in two games?

Seems like the Dolphins are either playing down to their competition, or just barely doing enough to win.  I don't think the Wildcat works anymore, unless their saving something for the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?!?), I don't understand why this is still a part of our offensive package.  It takes away half the field, because they NEVER run toward Pennington's side.  Defenses know this... 

The Dolphins have 2 games coming against sub-500 teams (although the Niners look like they might have something, unless Gore's out long-term).  I'd like to see the Dolphins stomp on their throats and blow them both out by 20 or more, and take a nice momentum streak or 4 straight wins into the Meadowlands in a game to win the DIVISION!!!

But the  STL Rams beat the might Cowboys very badly.   I said before,  and many will agree,  most teams with shit records dont play like crap. Any given Sunday a team will show up.  The 49's record does not represent how they have been playing as of lately.   Even if it is a weak schedule,  for Miami to amount 8 or more wins after the embarrassing what we saw last season,  come on give the Fins some Love man.  seriously !!!!!! Shocked Shocked

Tepop84
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 01:02:53 am »

But the  STL Rams beat the might Cowboys very badly.   I said before,  and many will agree,  most teams with shit records dont play like crap. Any given Sunday a team will show up.  The 49's record does not represent how they have been playing as of lately.   Even if it is a weak schedule,  for Miami to amount 8 or more wins after the embarrassing what we saw last season,  come on give the Fins some Love man.  seriously !!!!!! Shocked Shocked

The Rams are a shit team, which is why they have scored 169 points and given up 394. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray