Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:08:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Cowgirls owner calls out his RB
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Cowgirls owner calls out his RB  (Read 4494 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:12:39 am »

Jerry Jones is running his mouth again.  This is going to be interesting. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jerry-Jones-is-apparently-tougher-than-Marion-Ba?urn=nfl,127609
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:26:55 am »

Grab him, Tuna!

Anyway, isn't this the same Jerry Jones who kissed Deion Sanders ass when he was out half the season with a TOE injury?

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »

Grab him, Tuna!

QFT

You think Barber's going to want to play for this scumbag owner after this incident?  Hell no.  If I was Parcells, I'd offer Ricky or Ronnie for Barber in a straight up deal.  They can have either one. 
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:12:27 pm »

Ricky, yes.  Ronnie?  No freaking way.  I'm very happy with the Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs backfield, thank you very much.  While I would replace Ricky with Barber, I'm not in a hurry to get him on our team.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:17 pm »

Ricky, yes.  Ronnie?  No freaking way.  I'm very happy with the Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs backfield, thank you very much.  While I would replace Ricky with Barber, I'm not in a hurry to get him on our team.

Ronnie-Ricky-Cobbs eh?   I don't know about you, but seeing a Barber-Ricky-Cobbs backfield makes me salivate. 
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 02:15:31 pm »

Ronnie is a better RB than Ricky is.  I'm not sure why you would be so quick to let a younger and better RB go.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:21:47 pm »

Ronnie is a better RB than Ricky is.  I'm not sure why you would be so quick to let a younger and better RB go.

Two things:

1.  Barber is better than Ronnie or Ricky.  He steps it up in the 4th quarter, and is way better at catching passes out of the backfield.

2. Not so sure if the Cowboys will take Ricky.  I think they're more inclined to want Ronnie. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 03:14:45 pm »

I think that calling out players for injuries is pretty dick thing.  You can't tell an individuals pain threshold for any given problem, and only that person is really able to assess it.  I always respect a player's decision to not play from injury.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:51 pm »

Especially a player who plays such a smashmouth brand of football for your team. I wonder what Jerry "Nip/Tuck" Jones is thinking here...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 08:07:45 pm »

QFT

You think Barber's going to want to play for this scumbag owner after this incident?  Hell no.  If I was Parcells, I'd offer Ricky or Ronnie for Barber in a straight up deal.  They can have either one. 

Ricky. Not Ronnie.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't need Barber, we have Brown. Barber can go somewhere else, or stay where he is.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 08:19:17 pm »

Two things:

1.  Barber is better than Ronnie or Ricky.  He steps it up in the 4th quarter, and is way better at catching passes out of the backfield.

2. Not so sure if the Cowboys will take Ricky.  I think they're more inclined to want Ronnie. 

The Boys have a preference for druggies and drama...maybe they would take old Ricky or new old Ricky if he "twitches".
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 08:59:29 pm »

Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't need Barber, we have Brown. Barber can go somewhere else, or stay where he is.

Would YOU offer Ronnie for Barber in a straight up trade?  I certainly would. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 09:03:04 pm »

Would YOU offer Ronnie for Barber in a straight up trade?  I certainly would. 
I think that the talent level of both guys kinda cancel each other out.  But what I do think is that, a running back as as physical and smash mouth as Barber has a much shorter life span in the NFL as a guy like Brown who won't always be looking for someone to hit. 

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 11:22:08 pm »

I don't see a large upgrade to Barber (who I like), just because things are working out in our backfield right now.  Chemistry is a funny thing, and I'm hesitant to just swap players.  If we're going to work on acquisitions, lets go for positions or players that aren't clicking.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray