Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your favorite moment at a Dolphins game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Your favorite moment at a Dolphins game  (Read 7179 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 11, 2008, 04:41:17 pm »

In another post, Tommy had told the story about him at a Bills game, and what he said to a fan in the parking lot...that got me thinking, what was your favorite moment at a Dolphins game?

Mine was in 2001, when the phins played NE...we trounced them 30-10 in that game.  I was drunk as a skunk and talking shit to a couple of Patriot fans behind me...then an older Pats fan was walking up the steps, and I grabbed his arm and said, "The Patriots suck, and so do you!"  Not exactly my proudest moment, but nonetheless very funny.  Guess I got a little carried away with the victory.

Additionally, I had a couple of phin fan hotties sitting next to me, hugging on me every time we did well in the game, so all around it was a good day
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:43:21 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:46:24 pm »

My favorite moment was when I had season tickets.  We had this one guy who sat near us and he was pretty obnoxious.  He was fairly young -- late 30s, but kinda trashy looking and loud (in a bad way).  One day, he's making a ruckus and everyone is looking at him, and then his false teeth popped out of his mouth.

It was awesome.

Being that young, nobody saw that coming.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:51:31 pm »

Mine was at the last playoff game the Dolphins played. I went with two friends and we got seperated at the end of the game. Two of us made it back to the car easily, unfortunately neither of us owned the car so we didn't have the keys. The third guy walked left when he should have turned right when we walked out of the gate so he ended out walking all the way around the stadium. He finally made it to the car and was really excited about his experience. I swear his exact words were "Hey guys, look at my move." I guess he was going to show a dance step or something. Instead he fell face first right into the ground. Needless to say we took the keys at that point.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:53:28 pm »

The only game I've been to that we won was when Marino tore his achilles in Cleveland.  That being said, I'd have to go with seeing Marino score a rushing TD in Buffalo when we lost in the playoffs 44-34. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 05:33:26 pm »

Mine was at the last playoff game the Dolphins played. I went with two friends and we got seperated at the end of the game. Two of us made it back to the car easily, unfortunately neither of us owned the car so we didn't have the keys. The third guy walked left when he should have turned right when we walked out of the gate so he ended out walking all the way around the stadium. He finally made it to the car and was really excited about his experience. I swear his exact words were "Hey guys, look at my move." I guess he was going to show a dance step or something. Instead he fell face first right into the ground. Needless to say we took the keys at that point.

I thought your favorite moment would be sitting on the 45 yard line right in front of Wayne with your buddy CF!  Grin

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:46:10 pm »

I thought your favorite moment would be sitting on the 45 yard line right in front of Wayne with your buddy CF!  Grin

That was an incredible experience. I doubt I will ever get seats that good again. The odd thing is that I saw someone I work with in the next section before the game. Two people from Orlando in a mass of thousands sit in two of the best sections of the stadium and see each other.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:26:08 pm »

January 12, 1986.  NEP win the AFCCG for the first time in team history.  I will never forget that game.

As for my favorite Dolphin game in which the Dolphins won, that would be last year against the Ravens.  I was genuinely happy for you guys.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 09:49:52 pm »

Since I've only been to two Phins games in Miami, I have a short list to pick from. It's from my first game down there.
It was the '04? Sunday night game against Washington. The game that the phins debuted their awful orange, pumpkin colored jerseys. It was a good fought game that wasn't decided until the Skins, with a little better than 2 minutes left muffed a punt that the Phins recovered. The place went nuts. The level that I was on felt as if it was going to break off from the stadium, because of all of the folks jumping up and down.
Now, there was this REALLY sketchy, creepy looking dude next to me with very few teeth who probably lived in a swamp. After the muffed punt, I was looking around taking it all in, when this dude and I made eye contact, shrugged our shoulders, and embraced. It was Great.   

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 11:49:18 pm »

I'd probably have to say the Dec. 4, 2005 comeback win vs the Bills. At the start of the 4th quarter, the stadium was only half full..and half of that was Bills fans. When the last extra point was kicked, the place went as loud as I've ever heard it full. It was also that loud on the way out of the stadium. Great and powerful time.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:12 pm »

No brainer for me...  The orange-jersey sunday night game against the Patriots.  Or was it Monday night?  Regardless, it was the game no one gave us a chance to win, until Jason Taylor piledrived Brady into the ground for his 4th pick to Brendan Ayanbadejo.  This lead to Derrius Thompson catching the game winning TD over Troy Brown.  It was awesome when all the Patriots' fans who talked shit to us the entire game, were nowhere to be found at the end of the game.

Honorable mention to the time a guy passed out on top of Dave, piss-ass drunk, and then puked all over him.  That was HILARIOUS!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 12:52:59 am »

Honorable mention to the time a guy passed out on top of Dave, piss-ass drunk, and then puked all over him.  That was HILARIOUS!

Yeah...  That was a pretty good one!

I drink your milkshake!
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 03:01:29 am »

i was at the fake spike game in the meadowlands!
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 03:57:16 am »

My favorite moment at a Dolphins game was Raiders @ Dolphins on December 15, 2002. 

The feeling of finally attending a Dolphins game in Miami was overwhelming.  A lot of the emotion was probably exhaustion. 

We were in Sarasota for a football game on Saturday (link).  After the game the players went to a low-key margarita bar near the stadium.  This team had a couple of songs/chants they do on the sideline.  It's fairly impressive with 40-50 guys joining in.  The other patrons in the bar found it very intimidating and the team was asked to leave.  Not everyone got the message and few players were arrested for trespassing.  After the team owner bailed them out I foolishly volunteered to shuttle them since I had rented a mini-van.  We rushed back to the hotel to collect their stuff and hauled ass  to the Tampa airport to catch their 8:00 AM flight.  What was supposed to be a leisurely drive from Sarasota to Miami turned into a mad dash from Tampa to Miami.  Fortunately I made it in plenty of time.  Thanks to the jailbirds I hadn't slept the previous evening and was exhausted, but the adrenaline of being in Miami the first time was keeping me going.

Former Seahawk and Seattle resident Sam Adams owned another team in the semi-pro league.  He was playing for the Raiders that season and supposedly had left tickets for a few people at will-call.  Even though I told him otherwise, Same assumed I was riding down with the others and had left the tickets in one of their names - but I didn't know that.  Sam, to this day, always makes things difficult.  He enjoys screwing people over - but that's a different post.  I walked around the stadium taking it all in while trying to figure out what to do.  Finally I found someone with an extra ticket that they were trying to sell.

Being in the stadium was such an awe-inspiring feeling.  To be at a Dolphins game in Miami was a dream come true.  To watch the Dolphins beat the hated Raiders, and mega asshole Sam Adams, made it that much better.  The only play I really remember is Cris Carters TD catch which happened right in front of me. 

Rather than fight traffic after the game I slept in the parking lot for hours.  Back in Seattle I talked to the others who attended the game and since the tickets were from a player, they ended up sitting with a rough crowd of Raider friends and family.   

Other memories of Dolphin games I've attended:

Scott Mitchell filling in for Marino at Seattle (9/27/92, Kingdome)

Playoffs against Seahawks in what was Marino's last win.  Trace Armstrong took that game over on the Hawks final drive.  (1/9/00, Kingdome)

Seattle missing a really short FG against Miami (10/28/01, Husky Stadium)

AJ Feeley scoring on a QB draw @ Seattle (11/21/04, Seahawks Stadium)

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 07:27:44 am »

I have another fond moment.  This was at the Vikings game in November 2006.  We were down 13-10, and there were a bunch of Vikings fans in my section, complete with horned helmets, swords, and the like.  They were all talking smack the entire game. 

All of a sudden, Renaldo Hill, picks up a fumble and returns it for a TD.  We're up 17-13, and they're all quiet.  Next offensive series for the Vikings, JT picks off the pass and returns it for a TD and a 24-13 Dolphins lead.  At that point, the Vikes fans started getting up and leaving.  I was hailing insults at them from my seat.  "Go back to your snow and sub zero temperatures!!!  Hope you got a suntan while you were here!!!"  One woman in a Vikes outfit asked if she could let her boyfriend take a picture of me and her.  She positioned her sword across my neck as if she was going to slash it.  At the last second before the guy took the picture, I flipped the camera the bird. 
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 08:10:50 am »

January 2, 1972

Baltimore at Miami, AFC championship game. The Orange Bowl. The Colts are defending Superbowl champs, Shula's in his second year at Miami.

3rd quarter, Dolphins clinging to a 7-0 lead. The great Johnny Unitas has a pass tipped by CB Curtis Johnson, interception by Dick Anderson! Anderson not only goes 62 yards for a score, but the Dolphin defenders lay out 6 perfect open field blocks as half a dozen Colts land on their heads.

Not only was this the most amazing play I ever saw, almost balletic in its beauty, it was also the realization that "We're going to the Superbowl!"

I was a 15 year old kid sitting in the stands with my dad. This is a happy memory I'll always treasure.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray