Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:29:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- 49ers  (Read 8189 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:12:44 pm »

Shame of the Game goes to Dan Carpenter for missing a key FG near the end that could've put us in great position to win. 

Honorable Mention to that official that called pass interference on Brandon London when the Niners DB clearly pulled him down on the pass play.  What a bullshit call!!!!   That call reiterates my opinion that officials that make calls like that need to be punched in the face a couple times!!!!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:43:45 pm »

The Refs get my SOTG

Honorable mentions go to the phin fan non believers

SHUN THE NON BELIEVERS!!! SHUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:46:52 pm »

SOTG to the frickin person in charge of camera direction. Do we really need to see Singletary 15 million times? GOD!

HM: Whoever called that pitchout to Brown that apparently cost Miami precious yards and lead to Carpenter missing by INCHES.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:16:50 pm »

Joey Porter gave me flashbacks of Brian Cox when he pulled his helmet off. I almost came unglued when that happened.

But, my SOTG goes to Ted Ginn.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 01:40:59 am »

Whoever had the assignment for Isaac Bruce.

Bruce was torching us unmercifully.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 02:46:03 am »

Dan carpenter for missing the Field goal -

Anybody see that ref get jacked up LOL

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:15:32 am »

Joey Porter gave me flashbacks of Brian Cox when he pulled his helmet off. I almost came unglued when that happened.

We needed attitude since Cox left.  That was a big Fuck You to the niners for dissing him all week. The penalty meant nothing becuase he knew we were kneeing the ball anyway. Gotta love me some JP!!!!!!!!

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 10:39:49 am »

I think I gotta give my shame to Will Allen.  He was falling down all over the place, getting beat repeatedly on sharp routes.  A disappointing game from normally our best DB.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 11:02:38 am »

Shame of the Game goes to Dan Carpenter for missing a key FG near the end that could've put us in great position to win. 

SOTG, for the second week in a row, goes to Tommy for calling out a kicker for missing a 49 yard field goal.  When did a 49 yard field goal become a chip shot?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 01:30:10 pm »

SOTG, for the second week in a row, goes to Tommy for calling out a kicker for missing a 49 yard field goal.  When did a 49 yard field goal become a chip shot?

Maine said it first.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 04:37:38 pm »

He was right on too.........just 1 more inch.  Cry

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 05:24:27 pm »

That missed kick was pretty bad.  It was with the wind, 47 yards (I think) and it didn't have the leg.  It wasn't like it went left or right.

You should be able to consistently get the distance for a 47 yarder.  I think you gotta make that, especially with the game on the line.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 06:50:44 pm »

That missed kick was pretty bad.  It was with the wind, 47 yards (I think) and it didn't have the leg.  It wasn't like it went left or right.

You should be able to consistently get the distance for a 47 yarder.  I think you gotta make that, especially with the game on the line.

It did kind of a bowling curve from the right it came back in......just an inch short. Your right though........He should be banging in 47 yds No Problamo . Man...........How did we win that game!?  Indifferent

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 10:10:42 pm »

Take a look at the NFL average for field goals 45-50 yards (success to failure).  Check Carpenter's stats against those. 

And the game "wasn't on the line."  Miami was up 14-3 at the time.

People seem to forget that it was also something like 4th and 3 in a spot where a lot of coaches GO FOR IT.  14-3, you get the ball to start the half, the 49ers are owning the ball when they have it, why not put your foot on their throat and try to sustain the drive?

...but yeah, let's blame it on the rookie kicker.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 10:25:51 pm »

Ginn had a bad game, so he gets my SOTG

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray