Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:52:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ted Ginn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Should we cut or trade Ted Ginn?
Yes   -5 (20%)
No   -20 (80%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Ted Ginn  (Read 25082 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 03:09:12 pm »

I see Ginn as a Joey Galloway type of WR

Don't get me wrong...I WANT to like Ted Ginn. But, he's had one or 2 good games in almost 2 seasons. I don't buy the theory that Ginn will be better once he has a QB that can throw the deep ball. Cleo Lemon could throw the deep ball, and Ginn dropped his passes too. A pass is a pass, and CP will put it right in a reveivers hands most of the time.

Cleo Lemon could throw the deep ball, but he never did throw the deep ball...that's why Lemon sucks....well, a lemon (among other reasons).
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 03:11:08 pm »

Ginn is scared to go over the middle, and that's what you have to do on short routes.  He's scared of taking a good, solid whack. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 03:11:57 pm »

This criticism of Ginn is laughable.

The guy has been a KEY facet of our offense.

He has been directly responsible for at least 3 of our victories this year.  (Seattle, with that amazing TD catch.  Buffalo, when he shredded the Bills defense, and Oakland, with his TD run and key fourth down catch on the winning drive)

He has been money in the clutch.  In addition to that fourth down catch against Oakland, don't forget, in the opener against the Jets, he also caught a fourth down pass on our second TD drive.

He is our leading receiver this year.  He and Camarillo/Bess make a great tandem.  We shouldn't break that up.

Let's not lose our heads with our team's recent success.

Why on earth would we cut a guy who has been KEY to our success this year?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 03:14:12 pm »

Considering there are 9 "no" votes and only 2 "yes" votes, most of us think we should keep him, at least for now.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 03:18:17 pm »

Just think when next year/2 years from now, when Henne is in there, we can actually have someone to throw the deep ball to Ginn...Ginn is open all day every day on those deep routes...not to take anything away from Penny (it took me this long, but I'm finally over the fact that he was a stinkin' Jet, until he has a shitty game again  Grin).  I don't think we would be having close to this kind of season w/o him....but man that Ginn/Henne combo is going to be dangerous when it happens.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 03:22:05 pm »

^^^

True. I just think 2 years is enough time to know whether someone is a success or not. Most of the drops I've seen him make are right there in his hands. Its not like CP is throwing balls just to his vicinity, and Ginn just can't bend his body to get them.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 03:26:37 pm »

^^^

True. I just think 2 years is enough time to know whether someone is a success or not. Most of the drops I've seen him make are right there in his hands. Its not like CP is throwing balls just to his vicinity, and Ginn just can't bend his body to get them.

Yeah, but TO drops a lot of balls too
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »

I have no idea how good or bad Ginn really is because on 9 out of 10 plays we don't see down field. He could be getting open, drawing double coverage or sucking it on pretty much every play and we wouldn't know.

Comments from Camarillo have lead me to believe that Ginn almost always attracts safety help, freeing up Camarillo... but other than that, I just cannot tell (and neither can most other fans, I suspect - you really need to be AT the games, and paying attention, or have super secret access to the all-22 footage to have an idea).
bsfins
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2008, 04:22:35 pm »

I feel like Ginn has the Same Problem Chris Chambers had..Everyone listened to the guys in the Booth Calling Dolphins games...."Chris Chambers has the Potential to be A Number 1 Reciever,But...." Dolphin Fans Never took Chris For what he was a Solid Number 2 WR....

Ginn, IMO Will never Blossom into that Great Number 1 WR....That will Justify the number 9 over all pick,but his importance to this team right now is Huge...His Speed requires a Safety to stay over the top of him, Opening up the under neath routes for Bess, D.Martin,and A. Fasano....I think the Loss of Camarillo has Hurt Ginn the Most,We had Bess sitting in the Slot the Nifty Quick guy for the over the Middle, The Ginn Burner on one side,and Camarillo the all around OK receiver, He could run the Possession routes well,and still took the shots down the field with him occasionally (15yards +,Hey We're Talking Pennington here) I've noticed we haven't really Taken any shots down the field with Bess,and London,and Wilford have proved little threats there also....

I think Henne throwing to Ginn,would put him in the Hester area as a WR Hester Doesn't make alot of good catches right now..But being able to chuck the ball down the field gets the yellow hankies....
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2008, 04:44:01 pm »

I'd personally like to see him put on about 15-20 lbs of upper body muscle and get rid of that lanky scrawny look and be able to challenge people over the middle.
DolFan619
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2008, 06:37:06 pm »

What a ridiculous idea.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 02:41:01 am »

What trade value does he have?  There is no reason to get rid of him if we can't get any value out of him.

Modified to add: I voted no.

There it is.

How did Ginn and Camarillo compare stat wise before Camarillo was injured?
Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 03:42:49 pm »

This criticism of Ginn is laughable.

The guy has been a KEY facet of our offense.

He has been directly responsible for at least 3 of our victories this year.  (Seattle, with that amazing TD catch.  Buffalo, when he shredded the Bills defense, and Oakland, with his TD run and key fourth down catch on the winning drive)

He has been money in the clutch.  In addition to that fourth down catch against Oakland, don't forget, in the opener against the Jets, he also caught a fourth down pass on our second TD drive.

He is our leading receiver this year.  He and Camarillo/Bess make a great tandem.  We shouldn't break that up.

Let's not lose our heads with our team's recent success.

Why on earth would we cut a guy who has been KEY to our success this year?

One TD makes someone a KEY Facet?  This guy is a bum, and should be let go or shipped out at the end of the season.  I dont care if he was a first round pick and I dont care if he is our leading reciever this year, he drops to many balls, disapears for weeks on end, and is generally a pussy who shys away from any sort of contact.  It seems like everyone is still in love with this guy for what reason??  One TD catch this year, big freaking deal, this guy is not that much of a threat.

Do people here really think that coaches and teams lose sleep at night thinking, How are we going to stop Ted Ginn??  No, the answer is no.  We need a reciever that is a game changer and Ted Ginn will never be that EVER!  Its always excuses for this guy, Chad has a week arm, he was in a bad system last year, give him a shot.  Trade him to Baltimore for a 6th or 7th rounder and let him be with reunited with Cam.  This guy needs to go.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 06:20:55 pm »

One TD makes someone a KEY Facet?  This guy is a bum, and should be let go or shipped out at the end of the season.
Lorenzo Neal has a total of one TD over the last three years.  He's made the Pro Bowl for all of those same three years.

You do realize that a player can bring more to a team than just catching touchdowns, right?

Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 06:32:16 pm »

Lorenzo Neal has a total of one TD over the last three years.  He's made the Pro Bowl for all of those same three years.

You do realize that a player can bring more to a team than just catching touchdowns, right?

Yes, I realize this, but are you really comparing a FB to a susposed franchise WR.  Neal has touched the ball a total of 81 times in the last 3 years, do we really want this same kind of production out of the ninth pick in the draft?  This guy was susposed to change the offensive culture of the franchise.  I am still waiting! I understand there are a few similarities when it comes to planning on another teams part, but the only question I ask is Ted Gin really bring these things to the Miami Dolphins on a weekly basis?  I dont think so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray