Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:23:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ted Ginn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Poll
Question: Should we cut or trade Ted Ginn?
Yes   -5 (20%)
No   -20 (80%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Ted Ginn  (Read 25087 times)
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 02:05:30 pm »

So you're saying that he's the best WR not to make the Pro Bowl?

One good season does not a franchise WR make.

Making the Pro Bowl isn't that impressive anymore... it is just a popularity contest.... there are alot of good players who should be in Hawaii who are not, and there are some players who made the Pro Bowl that do not deserve it.

As far as Calvin Johnson goes, Stroke made a STRONG argument for him being an elite WR in the NFL.

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 04:59:39 pm »

Why start there?

I mean, when Ginn has a big receiving game, you insist that the credit must be given to the QB.
When Ginn has a big day running or returning, why not just give the credit to the outstanding blocking?

That way, we can safely avoid ever giving Ted Ginn any credit at all.

He hasn't been the game breaker everyone expected him to be.... matter of fact, he's been invisible a lot more often than he has been noticed.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 05:28:03 pm »

WHO EXPECTED HIM TO BE A GAME BREAKER?!?

I expected him to be a servicable #2 WR.  A guy who could stretch the field and occupy a safety or two on short plays.  I expected him to make some noise in the return game, contribute in field position, and give us a speed threat on the outside.

I NEVER expected him to be able to single-handedly take over a game.  I think trading away Chris Chambers hurt Ginn more than we all want to recognize...
Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 07:16:09 pm »

Don't.  Anyone can have a game like he did today.  Let's see him do it on a consistent basis before we start acknowledging him as a #1 worthy receiver.

Exactly, ANYONE can have a game like this!  Why does everyone look at this guy with rose colored glasses on??  4 catches  for 44 yards and 31 yard TD that my grandma could of scored on from the grave, and we want to anoint this guy as the second coming of God!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 10:02:42 pm »

It's funny how that 31 yard TD was so easy that any of us could have done it, and yet somehow the Dolphins don't run that play every week.  Why is that?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2008, 10:49:22 am »

Exactly, ANYONE can have a game like this!  Why does everyone look at this guy with rose colored glasses on?? 
BECAUSE HE'S ON OUR TEAM!!

Get on board.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2008, 11:39:20 am »

this coaching staff is really good... they make some mistakes here and there, but that's to be expected. if the personnel side of things stays equally as good, the dolphins organization is going to be a powerhouse.

ginn still has a lot to work on to continue to develop into a consistent receiver (what you would expect from a #1 wr), but he has a lot of natural talent. the coaching staff is putting him in situations to maximize his ability in helping the offense.

i have a feeling ginn is going to play a big role in the fins beating of the jets on sunday. the jets defense looks like its out of gas, and ginn is a nice piece to have in your playbook at this point against the jets.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008, 11:40:21 am »

i may be in the minority but i like Ginn. The only thing i care about in a player is that he helps the team win, whether it would be in a big way or a small one. Even if just his presence in the field allows for a receiver to get open.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray