Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:00:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- Jets  (Read 6790 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:34:18 pm »

I have to give it to long snapper John Denney.  Two bad snaps on punts, including one that sailed over Brandon Field's head and gave the Jets the ball at the Miami 30.  They proceeded to get the go ahead TD in the third.  There is no excuse for mistakes like that, especially with what was at stake. 

Overall, I saw a lot of sloppy mistakes, probably from being jittery. 
Tepop84
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:35:44 pm »

Joey Porter AKA mr. invisible.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:36:54 pm »

Crowder... aka mr. let-the-receiver-catch-the-ball-then-tackle-him. And then scream at him. And then draw an encroachment penalty.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:37:08 pm »

I agree with Tommy.

come on Denney, you can't make a bad snap in that situation

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 09:43:52 pm »

Denney.  luckily Penny was able to bail his sorry ass out
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 09:56:22 pm »

Denny

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 10:59:25 pm »

No shame today. 

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 01:56:18 am »

Denney.

HM to Ricky for not catching that ball that was RIGHT THERE!!!!  Ya heard the footsteps man, ya heard the footsteps...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:08:17 am by Thundergod » Logged
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 05:47:28 am »

Denney.  It's your job to snap the ball.  Snap the goddamn ball properly.  You don't see firemen putting out fires with rocks. 

HM - Ronnie Brown for running like a bee-otch and throwing like a girl on that trick play.

Considerate Glance ( ? . . .meh, why not ) - Ricky Williams for dropping that beautifully thrown ball.  I don't think it could have landed any softer right on his hands. 
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 07:11:36 am »

I think when your sole job is to snap the ball, albeit long and in wind, you're allowed one wobbler, hell I'll let you have two as long as the punter gets it, but never ever overthrow like that.

Nonchalent raising of the eyebrows in the direction of Channing Crowder for his lack of coverage skills.

Oh and can I throw in a fleeting evil thought for Renaldo Hill (I think) for a ridiculous attempt to tackle on a deep pass which but for the other safety would have gone to the house.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 12:46:04 pm »

Ryan Denney is the obvious choice, but I'm going to vote for the secondary for allowing repeated 3rd and 10+ to turn into first downs. 

Baltimore is going lick their chops when they see that film if they haven't already.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 03:57:20 pm »

No SOTG from me...good job boys beating those stinkin' JETS
DolFan619
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 06:33:59 pm »

LS John Denney.  He is usually a reliable snapper, his last bad snap before that game was in his rookie year in 2005, ironically enough against the Jets in Week 2.  Anyways, Denney is better than this, and he knows it.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 11:48:44 am »

I like Denny and nobody is perfect, but he had a bad game and deserves the SOTG.  He'll get over it!
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

I think when your sole job is to snap the ball, albeit long and in wind, you're allowed one wobbler, hell I'll let you have two as long as the punter gets it, but never ever overthrow like that.

Nonchalent raising of the eyebrows in the direction of Channing Crowder for his lack of coverage skills.

Oh and can I throw in a fleeting evil thought for Renaldo Hill (I think) for a ridiculous attempt to tackle on a deep pass which but for the other safety would have gone to the house.

Renaldo Hill.  This guy can't tackle and, as in the "Shame of the Year" for a starter, he is often late coming to help on pass plays.  He actually picked Goodman trying to get to his man which allowed Coles to make a 26-yard gain.  He stands around at the end plays.  Nice catch UK.  I've been seeing this all season so you could say I'm biased.

Denney had some bad snaps but if "you can touch it, you can catch it applies" that snap went right through the punter's hands.  I don't begrudged anyone that chose Denney since snapping is how he feeds his family so he should have pretty much perfected the process. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray