Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:50:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas to void last 3 years on contract
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas to void last 3 years on contract  (Read 8286 times)
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:16 pm »

I'm going to have to agree with Hoodie.  I could see Zach try to come into a team like the Colts, Giants, Steelers, Eagles, Redskins, Chargers, hell, even Broncos to help against the run, etc...  basically a team that's not in the AFC East and has a chance to do something good in 2009.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 12:46:13 am »

The only way Zach ends up signing with the Dolphins is if it was the day before he retired and wants to "retire a Dolphin"
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 12:47:25 am »

I think he might not want to come back to Sparano's intense training

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 04:12:10 am »

I hope he retires.  I really do.  The guy has too many fuckin concussions and he's made a fortune playing, I hope he gets out and has an amazing rest of his life.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Fred Finstoned

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 07:18:12 am »

I would like to see him retire as a Dolphin.He gave us some great years!

[
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 04:07:32 pm »

I like Zach a lot, but it's all about money.  If he wants to come here for a price tag that makes sense for us, great.  But if he's going to demand a veteran superstar salary, we don't have room for him.

The same goes for any player in the league.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 09:20:46 pm »

I think he got paid $3 Million last year.  For all the help that he gives the secondary.....he's well worth it. Don't forget all the leadership qualities as well. Those are almost priceless.

NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 01:29:17 pm »

Some of you guy's need take sentimentality out of the equation...We want to get younger and better,not older and slower...There's no place for Zach here any more....

I'm Confused over the Hatred over Akin Ayodele...75 tackles 2 Ints and a FR...Channing Crowder 113 tackles 1 FF...Very Average stats....Zach Thomas 94 tackles 1 sack.....

Zach needs to go play in a 4-3 somewhere,where he has some nice big DT's to protect him...

I like Crowder but not a big Ayodele fan.  I don't hate the guy, I just want a tackling machine.  Ayodele makes a few really good plays each year but I don't think he's that good against the run or in coverage.  Anquan Boldin went past him before he realized it was a pass play earlier this year.   

Zach is falling off in his old age and, you're right, he's better in the 4-3 but we need a linebacker with Crowder that can stop the run.  I believe someone commented in another post that Zach didn't play every series and the guy was still in on 94 tackles.  If not Zach then we need a Zach-type in the draft.  Good luck with that though.  Zach was a sixth-rounder, right? 

Regardless, Y. Bell was our leading tackler which is not good.  We need another LB to get to the next level.  Baltimore will try to pound it right up the middle.  If we can stop that, we should win.  We'll see what we've got at LB tomorrow at 1:00 pm. 
bsfins
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 01:58:15 pm »

The Arizona Game wasn't his fault....He shouldn't have been covering A.Boldin...I understand how you feels Nads..I'm just the opposite....Crowder tends to make lots of his tackles 5 yardspast the Line of scrimmage...and tackles are kept by the team....All Crowder has is tackles....I see C.Crowder alot like Chris Chambers,and Todd Wade....Too many people (I was somewhat guilty of it too,for a little while) Chris Chambers is going to be this great reciever,He had 7 different Offensive coordinators,7 different Qb's....After a few years, I gave up on that great Reciever,and excepted him as he'll be a good reciver...We kept him for like another 3 years....Todd wade was one of our best O-lineman( Not saying much especially in hindsight),then let him walk,where the Texans over paid for him...only Lasting 2 seasons.

Crowder's a free agent at the end of the Year, Ayodele is signed through the 2010 season for 3.25 million dollars....

Like you said it's not a good sign when your Saftey is your Leading tackler....I this article while doing research for TDMMC Saturdaynight...http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/12/31/1231crowder.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46
Which talks about Channing Crowders' frusrtation about not getting offered a contract.....

Some fans have refered to one season that Channing had in college,about how good he's going to be...2 years 2 FF 2 sacks..So I don't see where he's suddenly going to become a playmaker,that I feel this team really needs....

I'm also Concerned about throwing Money at a LB with Bad Knees....

NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:17 pm »

Yea, he shouldn't have been covering Boldin and I didn't expect that.  All I wanted was Akin to bump Boldin off the route.  I saw a clip of the Jets game where he bumped Coles but had a shot to KO him.  Coles comes across the middle for a big gain afterwards.  I'm splitting hairs because Ayodele's really not that bad but I just want more.  Watching Pittsburgh and Baltimore and then watching us...there's a big difference in speed, tenacity, and anger. 

I always thought Chambers was a stud but we didn't get the ball to him enough.  Same with Welker.  I like the way we use Bess.  I guess it's different judging a defensive player.  Who's the LB with bad knees?  Crowder?
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 05:23:45 pm »

crowder is very forgetable... he makes no impact plays whatsoever. we need a serious upgrade at mlb.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »

crowder is very forgetable... he makes no impact plays whatsoever. we need a serious upgrade at mlb.
The one game Crowder didn't play (vs. Chiefs), Larry Johnson racked up 109 and a score against us and they scored 31 points against us.  This after the Dolphins went like 14 straight quarters without allowing a TD with Crowder in the lineup.

Crowder makes a huge impact, whether you see it or not.
bsfins
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 07:07:30 pm »

Sorry Brian,But using the K.C. game as an example for keeping Crowder extremely weak...They Spread us out,then ran draws and traps ,then Thigpen ran on us...Crowder has had 4 years to prove himself....And has shown little in the way of playmaking ablity...

Let's remember the first 2 TD that game we gave up was a TD passes,to a nobody WR,then T. Gonzalez

In 4 years I can't even remember 1 big play Crowder came up with.....

(I was looking for the article where Crowder talked about,the front office offered him a special teamer type contract)

after reading the other post,in another thread,sorry if my tone comes off chippy hear....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:17:56 pm by Lil B » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray