Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:05:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Heat / Raptors Trade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Heat / Raptors Trade  (Read 3409 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: February 13, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »

The Heat traded Marion and Banks to toronto and in return got O'Neal and Jamario Moon

also ian skolnick is reporting that miami also aquired torontos 1st round pick next year if it's not higher than the 14th overall pick .. if it is .. the heat get the raptors 2nd round pick instead and then will receive the raptors first available 1st round pick between 2011 and 2014 that's lower than 14th .. if the heat haven't gotten that pick by 2015 .. it's unprotected
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 03:49:34 pm »

Good move, they had been hoping to dump Marion's contract for a while.  I wonder if this is a move to lead to a bigger deal with the Suns?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:37:55 pm »

I like this move too.

marcus banks - I cannot commet on him (don't know him really)
shawn marion - he just didn't really fit in Miami, as far as I'm concerned. Plus he was expensive, and can someone PLEASE fix that shot of his?

we get:

Jamario Moon - this is a player that Miami really hasn't had since Harold Miner - a high flying dunk guy...like a Josh Smith or a young guy like that..i'm actually more looking forward to this guy in the Heat
Jermaine O'Neal - this was a necessary move. Mark Blount is OK, but after losing Shaq and Zo retiring in less than 1 calendar year, our C / PF position was depleated. Jermaine O'Neal can fill that gap, and he's still young enough to be around for a while. I just question his toughness - is he going to go clubbing and shooting up clubs on South Beach like Plaxico Burress, or is he going to take it seriously and defer to Dwayne Wade and play a role playing position?

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:29:15 am »

The person who gets the most out of this is Marion, because he absolutely needs an up-tempo game and a good PG to get him the ball while he's soaring through the air for him to be effective, and Miami's halfcourt game never suited him at all. Toronoto plays fast, and Jose Calderon is an extremely good passer in the transition game.

Jamario Moon is a poor man's Shawn Marion, sans the aggressive defense. Can jump out of the gym, and will give you a little bit in steals and blocks just on athletic ability. Slightly prettier, but not quite as high % jumpshot.

Marcus Banks = Dog

Jermaine O'Neal, if he stays healthy, is a great addition to the Heat. He can change shots in the middle and give them someone who can match up against good centers better than Haslem, Anthony or Magloire.

As far as Amar'e goes, I'm guessing it will be Chicago. At this point, while I love the big fella, I've given up on Stoudemire ever learning to play ANY defense, so maybe he isn't the guy to lead us to the promised land after all.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DolFan619
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:14:15 pm »

It's good trade because the Heat no longer have to play musical chairs with the C position every night, now they have a legitmate C (when healthy) in Jermaine O'Neal.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray