Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:04:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs  (Read 7384 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:11 pm »

According to finheaven.com's newswire feed, Zach Thomas agreed to terms with the Chiefs.

This is nonsensical to me.  There are many other teams he could have signed with that would have given him a better shot at returning to the playoffs.  Hell, the Cowboys or Patriots would have been better bets at making the playoffs.

What do you think?  Is he signing for the money?  Or are the Chiefs the only team interested in him?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 02:56:57 pm »

:-(
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 03:06:38 pm »

^^

I second that.

:-(

I really wanted him to get a ring.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 06:50:53 pm »

i wish he would just retire. it was bad enough watching him play spot duty with the cowgirls last year. now another year playing with a bottom feeding afc team. good grief man, have some dignity...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 07:55:13 pm »

good grief man, have some dignity...

Dignity?

Good grief, man...get a fukkin' grip. You don't think playing for an NFL franchise, making millions of bucks a year isn't dignified? Or are the only dignified NFL jobs those that end up on Super Bowl winning rosters?

I'd be interested in hearing about your day job, so I can get an idea of what you consider dignified employment.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 09:10:45 pm »

Maybe Zach thinks the Chiefs can do what the Dolphins did in 2008.

It's not impossible, considering they play in the weak AFC West.

As for his health, he might be thinking, he's beat up his body so bad already, one or two more years isn't going to have much effect on his long term health after he retires.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 09:16:29 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 10:24:36 pm »

that's just wrong

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:18:59 pm »

the man played linebacker for the dolphins at an other worldly level. probably the best dolphin linebacker in the history of the franchise. he has millions of dollars in the bank, and will be considered for the nfl hall of fame down the road. he has nothing left to prove.

almost two years removed from an injury plagued final year with the fins, then playing spot duty with the cowgirls, he now signs with a team that has little talent and is desperate for bodies. he is becoming another one of those professional athletes that just doesn't know when to hang em up.

this isn't about playoff team, or super bowl contention team. for the standard that zach thomas has set, its about individually competing at the highest of levels within the nfl. he can't do that anymore without his body breaking down. signing a contract with a team that needs anyone to plug into a lb position is kind of a sell out just to keep on playing.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 01:56:04 pm »

And signing with a team other than a primary title contender is undignified? This seems very much like an emotional, rather than logical, response on your part.

"Sell out"...
"Standard he set"...
"Nothing left to prove"...

Congrat's man, you hit the cliche' trifecta there.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 02:28:44 pm »

This is very baffling.  It's going to take a few years for the Chiefs to become competitive again....... Zach Thomas doesn't have a few years.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 02:39:46 pm »

It's going to take a few years for the Chiefs to become competitive again.......

Who knows......

They have made some good personal moves in the off-season and although I am hoping the Patriots success for the past few years is the brilliance of BB, the fact is we really don't know.  Maybe BB is clueless regarding talent evaluation and the vast majority of the Patriots success has more to do with Scott Pioli than BB. 

Lots of question marks for the Chiefs this year -- new QB, new GM, new coach.  I would not be surprised if they win the division nor would I be shocked if they came in 4th in the division.  But if you are going to roll the dice with a team that isn't a bad place to roll them.       

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 02:42:33 pm »

A couple of things to consider, folks...

First, NO ONE knows who is going to win the Super Bowl next season. Ask Jason Taylor how that "signing with a title contender" shit works...

Second, maybe "Going out with a Super Bowl" is Zach's hope, while "Remaining gainfully employed and making millions" is Zach's need.

~ Micah Leggat
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:02 pm »

RJINTAMPA

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 06:04:45 pm »

In Professional Sports its all about the mula ( Spanish for Money)

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 07:36:04 pm »

^^^ Actually it isn't but feel free to play again.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray