Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:37:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs  (Read 7385 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 07:51:36 pm »

^^^ It isn't "all" of it, but money is definitely a big part of the game. In Zach's case, where he knows he is likely signing the last multi-million dollar contract "of his life, I imagine the importance that money plays is increased a little.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
RJINTAMPA

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 08:15:57 pm »

^^^ Actually it isn't but feel free to play again.

No its all about the money  in professional sports and that is the reality of it.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 08:18:03 pm »

No its all about the money  in professional sports and that is the reality of it.

I was referring to your piss poor Spanish translation.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:01:22 pm »

Without getting too sidetracked by RJINTAMPA's poor Spanish (dinero may be the word you're looking for), let me just say I've never understood the whole "athlete who didn't know when to quit" argument. Who gives a crap if a player isn't as good as he used to be anymore? Seriously, unless there's a serious health risk (boxing) from being below peak, I don't understand why fans hate it when stars keep playing as long as they possibly can.

To me, it doesn't take ANYTHING away from a player that he had some poor years at the end of his career. 4 years of stellar performance is not better than 4 years of stellar performance followed by 2 years of mediocre performance.

If the athlete enjoys playing (for love of the game, money, the attention, whatever), great, by all means keep playing.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »

^^^

[cheesy metphor]

A good comparison would be Metallica. Some would say they peaked at the Master of Puppets album, and others would say they peaked with the Black album. Would any Metallica fan want them to quit? No. Even though they know that anything they do won't top their best albums, that is no reason for them to quit.

[/cheesy metaphor]

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
RJINTAMPA

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 10:25:31 pm »

I was referring to your piss poor Spanish translation.

sorry about that and I am ashamed of myself for that as I should know because I was born in Miami. Smiley thanks for pointing that out

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:36 pm »

Well, for those of you who are disappointed he's not playing for a contender, it could have been worse...he almost signed with the Jets!  Don't feel like finding the link, but it's on ESPN.com in the AFC East blogs section.
RJINTAMPA

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 03:03:28 pm »

Well, for those of you who are disappointed he's not playing for a contender, it could have been worse...he almost signed with the Jets!  Don't feel like finding the link, but it's on ESPN.com in the AFC East blogs section.

Right, I think he will do good for KC.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 03:44:33 pm »

Second, maybe "Going out with a Super Bowl" is Zach's hope, while "Remaining gainfully employed and making millions" is Zach's need.
Seconded.  In what world is taking a job making millions of dollars some sort of insult to one's self-esteem?

Should he retire and start doing TV spots for Texas/South Florida car dealerships instead?  Would that be more dignified?

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray