Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 08:44:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2009 TDMMC Mock Draft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2009 TDMMC Mock Draft  (Read 9394 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: April 15, 2009, 10:43:56 pm »

OK, it's 10 days from the NFL Draft, and after some interesting offseason moves around the league, the draft order is set and each team's needs are a little more clearly defined.

For "this" mock draft, I want participation from as many different board members as humanly possible. With that in mind, here are the rules of the Mock:

1) Once you have made a pick, you cannot make another pick for at least 5 selections. If you mock the Lions #1 overall, you cannot mock another team until #6. The only exception to this rule is me, and I'll only do it if the mock draft bogs down at all.

2) If you specifically want to mock for a certain team, send me a PM and let me know. I will put it in parentheses next to the team name below (see 49ers for example) so no one else accidentally mocks for that team.

3) Don't bother PM'ing me for the Dolphins pick... That selection goes to TDMMC CEO and President of Football Operations, Dave "Little Tuna" Gray.

4) When you make a selection, please put a sentence or two about why you think that team will select that player, or possibly even alternate players you think might go at that slot.

5) NO TRADES Grin

I will update the draft list in this post as frequently as possible...remember to double check to make sure the player you're going to select hasn't already been taken and that the team you're about to select for hasn't already been reserved.

Draft Order                            Player Selected   

1   Detroit Lions            (QB Matt Stafford - Tommy)
2   St. Louis Rams         (OT Jason Smith  -  Sunstroke)
3   Kansas City Chiefs   (OLB Aaron Curry - Rick)
4   Seattle Seahawks    (OT Eugene Monroe  -  fyo)
5   Cleveland Browns    ( WR Michael Crabtree - tenshot)
6   Cincinnati Bengals    (OT Andre Smith - Tommy)
7   Oakland Raiders       (DE/OLB Brian Orakpo - Sunstroke)
8   Jacksonville Jaguars  (WR Jeremy Maclin  -  Rick)
9   Green Bay Packers
10   San Francisco 49ers        (Sunstroke)
11   Buffalo Bills
12   Denver Broncos
13   Washington Redskins
14   New Orleans Saints
15   Houston Texans
16   San Diego Chargers
17   New York Jets
18   Denver Broncos (from Chicago)
19   Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20   Detroit Lions (from Dallas)
21   Philadelphia Eagles
22   Minnesota Vikings
23   New England Patriots  (Hoodie)
24   Atlanta Falcons
25   Miami Dolphins         (Dave Gray)
26   Baltimore Ravens
27   Indianapolis Colts
28   Buffalo Bills (from Car, thru Phi)
29   New York Giants
30   Tennessee Titans
31   Arizona Cardinals
32   Pittsburgh Steelers

The Packers at #9 are on the clock...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:49:18 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:13:17 am »

With the 1st overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select.....

QB Matthew Stafford of Georgia

Detroit set the bar for historically awful last season, being the first team ever to go 0-16.  And they did it with five different starting QB's.  They have a LOT of holes to fill, but the way to rebuild a team starts at QB, left tackle, LB, and CB.  Therefore, they use the biggest prize in the draft on Stafford, a QB who has the height, arm strength, accuracy, and scrambling ability to make it in the NFL. 

St Louis is now on the clock!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:30:02 am »

With the #2 overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select OT Jason Smith, from Baylor.

St Louis desperately needs help at tackle, and this choice comes down to Smith from Baylor or Monroe from Virginia. The Rams make the right move by going with Jason Smith. I'm sure that Steven Jackson appreciates it anyway...

The Kansas City Chiefs are now on the clock!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:49:35 am »

With the #3 overall pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forrest.

Kansas City struggled mightily on defense in 2008 so Aaron Curry makes sense for the Chiefs...he is a beast on the field and a class act off of the field...Curry will be the star of KC's defense for many,many years to come!

The Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock!   

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:55:52 pm »

Oh yeah, I can see there's a ton of interest for this mock draft...

Roll Eyes

~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 09:22:18 pm »

With the #4 overall pick, the Seattle Seahawks select OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia.

I think Pioli is going to grab Monroe to protect Cassel, but if the Seahawks get the chance, Monroe is a great fit for them. Their starting left tacke is 35 and coming off microfracture surgery. Sean Locklear could potentially fill the spot with recently signed Ray Willis taking over Locklear's right tackle position. Still, that would be a mediocre solution at best, while drafting Monroe could give them a Pro Bowl LT for years to come.

If Pioli pinches Monroe at #3, the obvious choice is Curry. Personally, I think there's a good a decent chance Stafford goes to the Rams, possibly resulting in Jason Smith being available. If so, Smith is a great match as well.

No way does Crabtree get picked here, as I've seen in some Mocks.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 10:06:46 pm »

Oh yeah, I can see there's a ton of interest for this mock draft...

Roll Eyes

Wasn't a whole lot in mine either.  This used to be the bomb two years ago.  Why it's faded out now is beyond me.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 07:37:40 am »

Wasn't a whole lot in mine either.  This used to be the bomb two years ago.  Why it's faded out now is beyond me.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm just not that psyched for the draft this year. Too many other things going on in my life.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 12:06:08 pm »

With the 5th overall pick, the Cleveland Browns select Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech.

With the loss of Kellen Winslow, and the possible departure of Braylon Edwards, the Browns need to revamp on offense.  What better way then to take the number one WR in this draft.  The obvious pick would be Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas here, but if Crabtree is still on the board, I think the Browns have to take him. 

The Cincinnati Bengals are now on the clock...
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:09:23 pm »

The Rams are actively trying to trade the second pick.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:40:37 pm »

With the sixth pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Cincinatti Bengals select.....

OT Andre "ManCans" Smith of Alabama

Cincinatti is kicking themselves now that Michael Crabtree is off the board, but they turn to their biggest area of need.... the offensive line.  They finished 29th in the league in rushing and 30 in sacks allowed in 2008.  Despite Smith's absence at the Scouting Combine and his poor showing on his Pro Day workout, he is still a mauler and can pancake anyone who dares to get in his way.  Running the 40 shirtless hurt his draft stock a little, as two months ago, he was thought by some draft experts to go #1 overall. 

Oakland is now on the clock!!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 08:00:01 am by Tommy » Logged
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 07:01:01 pm »

Eagles have traded the 28th pick of the first round (and more) to the Bills for LT Jason Peters.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9466866/Sources:-Eagles-trade-for-Bills-Pro-Bowl-LT-Peters
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 03:02:15 pm »

With the 7th pick, the Oakland Raiders select DE/OLB Brian Orakpo, Texas.

I've seen a lot of different players mocked for Oakland at this slot, and if Crabtree is available, I'd bet big bucks that he'll be the choice. For this mock, it came down to a choice between Orakpo, Michael Johnson or BJ Raji, and I'm probably giving Oakland too much credit by assuming they'll get it right by taking Orakpo.

The Jacksonville Jaguars at #8 are on the clock...

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:03:50 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »

can i reserve spot 23?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 09:24:05 pm »

With the 8th overall pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select WR Jeremy Macklin, Missouri.

The Jags need help at the WR position and could use some explosiveness on offense.  Jeremy Macklin will bring big play potential to Jacksonville.  He will also make an impact on special teams returning kicks.

USC QB Marc Sanchez and DT BJ Raji were also considered here... QB Garrard took Jax to the playoffs 2 years ago(maybe they take a QB in 2,3, or later??) and they can grab a DT in round 2 or 3!!

The Green Bay Packers are now on the clock....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:34:41 pm by Rick » Logged

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray