Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 07:24:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2009 TDMMC Mock Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2009 TDMMC Mock Draft  (Read 9393 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 10:28:53 pm »

can i reserve spot 23?

That pick is all yours.  Please feel free to jump on one or two before then though...don't feel like you have to save yourself. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:55 am »

Flipped to page 2

Draft Order                            Player Selected   

1   Detroit Lions            (QB Matt Stafford - Tommy)
2   St. Louis Rams         (OT Jason Smith  -  Sunstroke)
3   Kansas City Chiefs   (OLB Aaron Curry - Rick)
4   Seattle Seahawks    (OT Eugene Monroe  -  fyo)
5   Cleveland Browns    ( WR Michael Crabtree - tenshot)
6   Cincinnati Bengals    (OT Andre Smith - Tommy)
7   Oakland Raiders       (DE/OLB Brian Orakpo - Sunstroke)
8   Jacksonville Jaguars  (WR Jeremy Maclin  -  Rick)
9   Green Bay Packers    (NT BJ Raji  -  Sunstroke)
10   San Francisco 49ers   (QB Mark Sanchez  -  Sunstroke)
11   Buffalo Bills               (OT Michael Oher  -  tenshot
12   Denver Broncos         (QB Josh Freeman  -  Hoodie)
13   Washington Redskins (DE Tyson Jackson  -  Rick)
14   New Orleans Saints    (RB Chris "Beanie" Wells  -  Tommy)
15   Houston Texans          (OLB Brian Cushing  -  Sunstroke)
16   San Diego Chargers    (DE Everette Brown  -  Tommy)
17   New York Jets              (RB Knowshon Moreno  -  Rick)
18   Denver Broncos (from Chicago)   (DE Aaron Maybin  -  Sunstroke)
19   Tampa Bay Buccaneers    (DE Michael Johnson  -  Rick)
20   Detroit Lions (from Dallas)   (TE Brandon Pettigrew  -  Hoodie)
21   Philadelphia Eagles
22   Minnesota Vikings
23   New England Patriots  (Hoodie)
24   Atlanta Falcons
25   Miami Dolphins         (Dave Gray)
26   Baltimore Ravens
27   Indianapolis Colts
28   Buffalo Bills (from Car, thru Phi)
29   New York Giants
30   Tennessee Titans
31   Arizona Cardinals
32   Pittsburgh Steelers

All previous restrictions are off...please feel free to make any picks that you want...except the ones that have been reserved. Let's see if we can wrap up the second half of this in quick time. Grin

The Philadelphia Eagles at #21 are on the clock... 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:42:27 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:08:04 pm »

Come on people...PARTICIPATE!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 12:57:36 am »

With the 9th pick in the NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select NT BJ Raji, Boston College.

I think GB will look to anchor their NT slot before looking to add a second perimeter rusher. Tyson Jackson is a good possibility as well, but if given the choice between the two, I think this is GB's choice.

And, since  my beloved 49ers are on the clock, so am I... I've given a lot of thought to which players I want to see for the 49ers and Dolphins both in this draft, and I narrowed the 49ers down to 3 players that could make me happy at the 10 spot. If Brian Orakpo slides, I would love to see him on the outside with Patrick Willis on the inside as Singletary's new Beast-LB Patrol. In this draft, he's gone though, so it narrows it down to two. I would be happy with OT Michael Oher from Ole Miss, because I think he can develop into a very good LT, and Joe Staley really sucks at blindside pass protection and needs to move back to RT as soon as humanly possible. I'm not selecting a tackle here though, because I believe the 49ers can get a good tackle early in round two, and they have one other need that trumps the rest...

With the 10th pick in the NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select QB Mark Sanchez, USC

I've seen everything I need to see to make me believe that he will be an outstanding NFL QB. He has good enough size, a strong enough arm to make all the throws, works well under center or in the gun, has a great head for reading defenses, has great leadership intangibles and character, and he has hands larger than an average five year old girl (sorry, Alex Smith...I couldn't help myself)

Mark Sanchez is a 49er...and there is much rejoicing in the Sunstroke household!

The Buffalo Bills at #11 are on the clock!

~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 12:08:32 pm »

With the 11th pick in the NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...a box of tissues.

The Buffalo Bills decision to draft a box of tissues will come as no surprise to the rest of the league.  After they lose their first few games, T.O. is going to need them for all the crying he'll be doing.

Seriously though...

With the 11th pick in the NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Michael Oher, T, Mississippi

With the departure of Jason Peters, the Bills need someone to fill this void.  I had Andre Smith going here, but he's already been drafted in this mock.  Everyone can agree that tackle is the Bills greatest need, and even if they have to reach, they need a tackle in this spot.

The Denver Broncos are now on the clock
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:10:03 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 12:19:46 pm »

With the departure of Culter, somebody needs to throw the ball.

Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 12:39:27 pm »

The Washington Redskins at #13 are on the clock...

~ Micah Leggat
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 12:56:09 pm »

With the 13th pick of the draft, the Washington Redskins pick LSU DE Tyson Jackson.

The Washington Redskins would have loved to trade up to number 8 and grab USC QB Marc Sanchez but could not reach a deal.  So DE Tyson Jackson will be the pick for the Skins...Jackson is versatile and his stock is rising.  Good pick at #13!

The New Orleans Saints are now on the clock!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:04:35 pm by Rick » Logged

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 08:12:41 am »

With the 14th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the N'awlins 'Aints select....

RB Chris "Beanie" Wells of Ohio State

Getting rid of the oft injured Deuce McAllister was seen as a controversial move by a lot of people.  Reggie Bush doesn't have the size to be an every down back, and Pierre Thomas doesn't have the speed.  So the Saints get some more firepower on offense in drafting the best RB available. 

The Houston Texans are now on the clock!!!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:36:26 am by Tommy » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 02:56:52 am »

With the 15th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select OLB Brian Cushing, USC.

Houston could go a number of different directions here, but I've heard lots of rumors of meetings between Cushing and the Texans in the last few weeks, and think about it from the Texans standpoint...a stud defensive trio of DE Mario Williams, ILB DeMeco Ryans and OLB Brian Cushing could be a pretty solid force.

The San Diego Chargers at #16 are on the clock!

All previous restrictions on picking are removed...please feel free to make any picks you'd like, except for the ones that are reserved. Hopefully we can step lively through the second half of the draft and get it all in before the real draft starts at 4 PM today.

~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2009, 09:40:31 am »

With the 16th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Bolts select....

DE Everette Brown of Florida State

The Bolts managed to shore up their offense by re-signing Darren Sproles and giving LT a contract extension, so they turn their attention to defense.  Last year, their pass rush was non-existent with Shawne Merriman being sidelined for the season.  Brown is a guy who can play DE in a 4-3 scheme or OLB in a 3-4 and wreak havoc on opposing QB's.  Him playing opposite Merriman will make the Bolts pass rush a force to be reckoned with. 

The stinkin, lousy Jets are now on the clock!!!!!!
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2009, 10:44:07 am »

With the 17th pick of the draft the NY Jets select, RB Knowshon Moreno Georgia

Thomas Jones is 31 years old and unhappy with his current contract...this will likely be Jones last season with the Jets, so a stud RB like Moreno makes sense for this pick.

WRs Harvin and Nicks were also considered here but Moreno was to good to pass up!!

The Denver Broncos are now on the clock!!!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 12:35:30 pm »

With the #18 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select DE Aaron Maybin, Penn State University

Denver addressed their QB need with the first pick, so it came down to DE or NT for this pick. The next NT on my list (Ron Brace) would be a huge reach here, but Maybin is a solid value. Denver will look to round two for the interior of their D-line.

Tampa Bay at #19 is on the clock!

~ Micah Leggat
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 01:07:04 pm »

With the 19th pick of the 2009 NFL draft, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select DE Micheal Johnson Georgia Tech University

Tampa Bay could really use some help rushing the passer and on the defensive line...Micheal Johnson has the potential to put up big numbers for the Bucs...new coach Morris said D-line was their biggest area of need, so Johnson is the pick!!

The Detroit Lions are now on the clock!!!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:42 pm »

Lions take Pettigrew, TE

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray