Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:42:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  LMAO!!! A Blast From The Past
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LMAO!!! A Blast From The Past  (Read 2776 times)
DolFan 316

Email
« on: August 03, 2009, 07:38:47 pm »

I found this the other night while digging through some stuff. It's a parody song I made in '07 about midway through the season. I can laugh about it now since times have changed but I thought I'd share it with you guys.

(Done to the same tune as the old fight song, only with new lyrics by me.)

(Ahem.)

Miami has the Dolphins, the lamest football team
Their opponents zoom from goal to goal like no one's ever seen
Strafed through the air, gashed on the ground, they're never in control
So when you say Miami, you're talking Stupor Bowl!

(Chorus)
'Cause we're the Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins are no fun

Yes we're the Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins are so dumb!

The coach is named Cam Cameron, the dumbest coach alive
The way he leads on game day, you'd swear he took a dive
The putrid passing offense consists of dinks and dunks
The Dolphins score less often than a cloister full of monks!

(Chorus)

And then you have the defense, they always blow the game
The way they lay down in the 4th, you know they have no shame
The special teams are awful, the worst part of the team
The way they hold on kick returns just makes you want to scream!

(Chorus)

The owner is so vapid, he doesn't have a clue
He insists on hiring morons, then wonders why we boo
The front office is brain dead, they can't scout or draft worth squat
The team says wait 'till next year, no thanks I'd rather not!

(Chorus X 2)
DolFan 316

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 06:01:14 pm »

Oh come ON guys, I wrote this in '07! It's not how I feel about the team NOW. I just thought I'd put it up since it's in the "things I can laugh about now that weren't funny at the time" category.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »

ROFL!!!!  Good one 316. 

Remember all the "fakes" Dan LeBatard would do on 790 The Ticket?  With about 4 games left in 2007, I came up with "Fake Backstreet Boys"

I want Cam fired
My one desire
Believe when I say
I wanna fry Wayne

Tell me why, I'm sick of all this losing
Tell me why, It's my wallet they're abusing
Tell me why, Believe me when ya hear me say
I wanna fry Wayne.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 07:07:40 pm »

Hate to say it, but when I read your post I just kept imagining someone singing it followed by silence and crickets chirping in the backround.  Not exactly a masterpiece.  In a way, maybe that is what makes if kinda funny.

Even so, I can understand your state of mind from that season.  I have spent great effort not to think about it but it is a like a returning cancer that will always have to be suppressed.  With a season like that, I guess some people handle it analytically, some with anger and apparently some with wackiness.  Wink
DolFan 316

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:08:34 pm »

Hate to say it, but when I read your post I just kept imagining someone singing it followed by silence and crickets chirping in the backround.  Not exactly a masterpiece.  In a way, maybe that is what makes if kinda funny.

Oh well. The guys on my old board thought it was funny at least  Smiley But I learned a long time ago I can't expect people to respond positively to what I have to say all the time. Maybe not even most of the time. LOL 

Even so, I can understand your state of mind from that season.  I have spent great effort not to think about it but it is a like a returning cancer that will always have to be suppressed.  With a season like that, I guess some people handle it analytically, some with anger and apparently some with wackiness.  Wink

One of my life philosophies is that without bad there can be no good. In other words, without the pain of '07 we wouldn't have felt so much joy in '08. And without the humiliation of the SB loss to the Cowboys the '72 team wouldn't have had that extra motivation to go 17-0  Smiley

I'm just thankful the Fins didn't go 0-16 because as the Lions proved, it certainly can happen. But I'll be honest, that whole season was just so...horrifically awful that after about 5 games I simply stopped watching the NFL altogether. With the Pats winning *and* the Fins losing literally every week, I just didn't see the point. As long as those two things were happening literally every other game between every other team was completely irrelevant in my mind.

And then when the Pats lost the SB it was like having the best ending ever to a movie that was otherwise the worst one ever, if that makes any sense.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray