Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:22:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  When is the ROD getting updated?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: When is the ROD getting updated?  (Read 18973 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 11:57:02 am »

LOL, yea Wannstedt was responsible for the 1-15 team. He is also responsible for the outbreak of swine flu and the death of Michael Jackson.

I am pretty sure he also is the reason we invaded Iraq.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 01:48:42 pm »

The coach who went 0-15-1 in regulation play (I refuse to give him that win) doesn't deserve the ROD but Wanny does, even after winning a playoff game...that's interesting.

Cam Cameron IS a walking ROD

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 02:06:33 pm »

Another reason why this current ROD has taken so long is because we'd largely written one, but decided to hold off to see if the Dolphins would go winless.  If they did, they'd have been an instant add, just like the Undefeated team in the Ring of Honor.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 02:12:28 pm »

(I refuse to give him that win)

What kind of retarded crap is this?  How can you "refuse" to give him the win?  They won the game, done and done.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 03:19:32 pm »

What kind of retarded crap is this?  How can you "refuse" to give him the win?  They won the game, done and done.

While they did "win the game" it would also be very accurate (although petty) to say that the Dolphins was the first team since the scheduled was expanded to 16 games to fail to win a single game during regulation time. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 03:21:06 pm »

they also lost two other games in overtime that year though.  So shouldn't they be 0-13-3 by the same logic?  Just curious.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 03:29:40 pm »

they also lost two other games in overtime that year though.  So shouldn't they be 0-13-3 by the same logic?  Just curious.
Don't encourage him. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 03:47:12 pm »

Another reason why this current ROD has taken so long is because we'd largely written one, but decided to hold off to see if the Dolphins would go winless.  If they did, they'd have been an instant add, just like the Undefeated team in the Ring of Honor.

So why not pick up where you left off once the team won a game?  Just a thought.   Wink
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 04:39:27 pm »

um - if you don't think that all the years of botched Wannstedt drafts had anything to do with 1-15, you're wrong.
By your "logic", I guess last years amazing turnaround from 1-15 to 11-5 was because of Nick Saban??.....Personally I give ALL the credit to Bill Parcells/Ireland and Coach Sparano! Wink

Wannstedt is a much better Head Coach then Camoron will EVER be.  If anyone deserves to be in the ROD it's Malcom Cam Cameron!

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 05:33:56 pm »

No one said that Cam didn't have a hand in it....  But during the 1-15 season (2007), they kept showing graphics on TV about how many Dolphins draft picks were still on the team...  It was something like 2 guys from the pre-Saban years (prior to 2005; Yeremiah Bell and Vernon Carey).  Include the Saban drafts and the it adds 4 more players (Crowder, Ronnie, Matt Roth and J-Allen).  Ricky Williams was the longest-tenured Dolphin player at 5 years.

You can NOT win games picking up re-tread, cast-off bums from other teams to FILL your 53-man roster.  Two players on the team drafted prior to 2005.  Two players on the team who are home-grown talent.  Everyone else is someone else's reject...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:36:00 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 05:52:38 pm »

^^^You forget the gap in between the eras, because the team also still had a few Jimmy guys on it (Zach and Jason).  But yeah, the Wannstedt, Saban, and now Cameron/Mueller drafts were a bunch of nothing...

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 06:09:11 pm »

^^^ you're right - for some reason I thought Zach and Jason were already gone in 2007...
DolFan 316

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 07:25:08 pm »

I understand where JTex is coming from. The ONLY reason the Fins win the Ravens game is because Brian Billick was for whatever insane reason just too cowardly to go for it on 4th and goal from inside the one. had he decided to do so, there's no doubt the Ravens score the game winning TD and the Fins go 0-16. And even after THAT the Ravens got the ball first in OT and Matt Stover missed a kick he never misses. Cam had absolutely nothing to do with any of that--the football gods just decided the Fins were going to win that day and that was that.

There's something called Pythagorean wins some of you might have heard of where after a season how many games a team "should" have won is tallied up based on points scored VS points allowed. Turns out the '07 Fins *should've* won 4 games. "But wait a second 316," you ask, "You already said they should've lost the Ravens game!" And thisis true. The games they should've won were the Redskins (any loss in OT is by definition winnable), the Steelers (any 3-0 loss is by definition winnable), the Texans (Cam decides to punt instead of having Feeley attempt what would've been the go ahead FG late and the Texans kick a 50-plus yard FG to win anyway) and the first Bills game (maybe the most winnable loss of them all).

In other words CaMORON was so bad, so awful, so downright pathetically putrid a coach, he took a bad team and made them one of the worst in NFL history!!!

BTW how many of his draft picks accomplished anything? Ginn and Soliai are only around because the Fins have literally nobody else to fill their spots. I think every other pick is off the roster just 2 years later! That's as bad as any of Wanny's draft clunkers!

FYI last year's team *should've* finished 9-7 (I think we all know they got a bit lucky in some of those close scrapes against bad teams) but I'd rather see a team overachieve by 2 or 3 games than underachieve by that much any day!

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »

There's something called Pythagorean wins some of you might have heard of where after a season how many games a team "should" have won is tallied up based on points scored VS points allowed. Turns out the '07 Fins *should've* won 4 games. "But wait a second 316," you ask, "You already said they should've lost the Ravens game!" And thisis true. The games they should've won were the Redskins (any loss in OT is by definition winnable), the Steelers (any 3-0 loss is by definition winnable), the Texans (Cam decides to punt instead of having Feeley attempt what would've been the go ahead FG late and the Texans kick a 50-plus yard FG to win anyway) and the first Bills game (maybe the most winnable loss of them all).

In other words CaMORON was so bad, so awful, so downright pathetically putrid a coach, he took a bad team and made them one of the worst in NFL history!!!

Not only did CaMORON elect to punt in that Texans game rather than kick the field goal, but he also mismanaged the clock late in the game, putting him in that position.  The way he blew that game sealed my opinion of him. 
DolFan 316

Email
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 09:59:54 pm »

Quote from: Tommy
Not only did CaMORON elect to punt in that Texans game rather than kick the field goal, but he also mismanaged the clock late in the game, putting him in that position.  The way he blew that game sealed my opinion of him.

I watched that live and I was furious. Just everything about that sequence...Cam not allowing a kicker who had until that point had never missed a FG all season to not even attempt the go-ahead kick late in a tie game because he was scared that a miss (in a dome, where the opposing kicker was having no trouble hitting 50-plus yard kicks all day) would set up the Texans for an easy game winning FG of their own, punting, and seeing the Texans just casually drive down and win with a FG anyway was just...I wanted him fired on the spot  Angry  Angry  Angry

It's yet another example in NFL history of how playing to win gets you the win while playing not to lose gets you beat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray