Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:23:35 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game- Jaguars (Preseason)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game- Jaguars (Preseason)  (Read 5985 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:47:18 pm »

Again, I saw a few mistakes, but none so shocking that it would've cost us the game. 

Shame of the Game goes to Pat White.  Threw way too many bullets that bounced off recievers, one for a pick, and ran out of bounds just short of the first down marker without making any effort to get the extra yardage (kinda reminds me of Cleo Lemon against New England in 2007).  Also, his arm looks to be weaker than Chad Pennington's. 

Honorable mention to Vontae Davis.  When you don't stand out in any way other than drawing a key pass interference penalty, that says a lot about you, Mr. first round pick. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:25:52 am »

^^  Funny, Pat White got my game ball.  I disagree with you on almost every point.  "Threw too many balls that bounced off receivers" isn't a QB criticism to me -- it's a receiver criticism.  Even the play where he stepped out of bounds and didn't get the first down, he first scrambled for something like 9 yards.   ...and they got the first down on the next play anyway.

I can't give Ricky Williams the shame because he played really tough, but his drop in the endzone was pretty tough to watch.

A also wanted to give the shame to Chris Williams early, for running backwards on two consecutive returns.

Like a pussy though, I do not have a shame of the game myself.  I can't really think of anyone specifically who played poorly.  Our tackling looked lackluster in parts -- hitting without wrapping up.  I'll go with whoever is responsible for teaching that.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 07:29:43 am »

I'd hate to tell you this, Dave, but the Dolphins main beat writer agrees with me.  Check out Armando Salguero's blog. 

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:08:58 am »

I didn't think anyone looked terrible but I was really disappointed on one play because it really showed that we haven't gained. Reports were that Penny's arm had gained much needed strength but he clearly underthrew Ted Ginn who had blown past coverage.  We need to be able to out throw the coverage or else we are stuck in our mediocre trick playing offense.

The Ricky drop didn't bother me as much because he would normally catch that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:31:22 am »

Vontae Davis played badly, with three dumb penalties and poor coverage. He can only, I hope, get better from here. But my shame of the game goes to Eric Green, who has gone from starting CB to will he make the opening day roster? Green got toasted last night.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:49:41 am »

I'd hate to tell you this, Dave, but the Dolphins main beat writer agrees with me.  Check out Armando Salguero's blog. 

In psych class, "I hate to tell you this..." directly translates to "I can't wait to tell you this..."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:19:35 am »

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

He doesn't make a single point that you do. That isn't agreeing at all. He was throwing passes that guys who aren't going to make any team, they couldn't catch it and you fault the QB? The balls were are target and should have been caught. That is all there is to it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 09:48:25 am »

If a ball hits the WR, what more do you want the QB to do?  It HIT THE GUY.  The WR is supposed to catch any ball that passes within a 3-foot radius of his numbers.  If it hits the guy, the guy BETTER catch it.  I can't figure out how you can blame the QB.  He put the ball, literally, on the guy's jersey...

Shame goes to Eric Green.  He sucks.  For the big experienced guy he's supposed to be, he played like a high school kid who never stepped on the field before.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 10:07:56 am »

Green showed why he was inactive during the Cardinals playoff run if you ask me.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 11:22:54 am »

Green was bad, but Vontae wasn't any better and got two costly penalties.

If I was forced to vote, it would be Vontae.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 12:15:28 pm »

^^  Funny, Pat White got my game ball.  I disagree with you on almost every point.  "Threw too many balls that bounced off receivers" isn't a QB criticism to me -- it's a receiver criticism.  Even the play where he stepped out of bounds and didn't get the first down, he first scrambled for something like 9 yards.   ...and they got the first down on the next play anyway.

I can't give Ricky Williams the shame because he played really tough, but his drop in the endzone was pretty tough to watch.

A also wanted to give the shame to Chris Williams early, for running backwards on two consecutive returns.

Like a pussy though, I do not have a shame of the game myself.  I can't really think of anyone specifically who played poorly.  Our tackling looked lackluster in parts -- hitting without wrapping up.  I'll go with whoever is responsible for teaching that.

I agree with you Dave. First off He wasn't a first round pick . I think the guy showed some great instinct , Guts,  and Leadership in his first NFL appearance.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 01:53:08 pm »

Shame of the game is that I haven't moved into my new apartment yet, so I can't watch the games because I don't get NFL network.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »

No 21 - who ever the hell he was. Dude just got burned time after time

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »

No 21 - who ever the hell he was. Dude just got burned time after time
that would be Eric Green.

He sucks.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 02:39:50 pm »

Player wise- Eric Green. He seriously looked bad out there.

Honorable mention- NFL Network. Bad enough I have to wait until 11 to watch the game, and as such, couldn't watch anything sports related for fear of seeing the score before hand. And then they go and scroll the score to the Dolphins game across the bottom of the screen as they were beginning the broadcast of the game! I turned away real fast, but saw the 12-9 score. I just didn't know if that was a final or if the game was still in progress.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray