Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:15:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  zach thomas to retire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: zach thomas to retire  (Read 8430 times)
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:43 pm »

he's finally coming to his senses one year too late... anyway, i love the guy, one of my favorites ever and was truly sad to see him leave the team last year. he should have retired last year, but we'll bring him in for the whole ceremonial thing later this week.
bsfins
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:45:45 pm »

It's B.S.

Sun-sentinel

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_seasonticket/2009/08/miami-dolphins-zach-thomas-not-retiring.html

The Herald
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollout/2009/08/zach-thomas-future-unclear-possible-retirement.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:49:54 pm by Lil B » Logged
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:17:26 pm »

I have a giant lifesize fat head of Zack in my garage right next to the door I enter and leave every day. He reminds me that don't listen to others because you can acomplish anything if you want it bad enough. Always keep a great work ethic and 100% and you will be a success.

Whatever happens I hope Zack retires a Phin , if only for a day. I will be there as well.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:12 pm »

Whatever happens I hope Zack retires a Phin , if only for a day.

I think these one day retirements are a sham.  What's the point?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:15:44 pm »

^^^ It is a PR move. That's the point.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:37:47 pm »

I think these one day retirements are a sham.  What's the point?

Whats the point?  How about 11 years of giving me and my oldest son something to cheer for on Sunday when there wasn't much else. Some of us would like a day to say thank you and honor his sprit and leadership.  With so many players nowadays punching their wives, being accused of Rape, killing animals, DUI manslaughter, shooting themselves..........jesus we can go on and on and on. How about we have a positive day and celebrate something that doesn't come around much, a 5th rounder who went on to go to 7 probowls and record more tackles then almost any linebacker in History of the sport.

Whats the point? He never should have left. THATS the point.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 01:59:47 am »

Whats the point? He never should have left. THATS the point.

Yeah, I agree.  But he did.  Bringing someone back for 1 meaningless day is a mockery.  I'm fine with celebrating his career with the Fins, but we're liars if we say he "retired as a Fin".  He didn't.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 09:18:34 am »

Yeah, I agree.  But he did.  Bringing someone back for 1 meaningless day is a mockery.  I'm fine with celebrating his career with the Fins, but we're liars if we say he "retired as a Fin".  He didn't.

Its not about that. Your looking at it wrong. We are remembering him. Its good for the team, the fans, win/win.   I think what Brett Farve has done to greenbay fans is sickning.  I'll tell you what........JT and Zack at least never went to the Competition . We are so lucky to have great loyal players who take 6 million $$ pay raises and represent the team so well.  A day for them is the least we can do.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 09:19:06 am »

Technically, if he signs with the Fins for one day, he did....
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:23:13 pm »

Its not about that. Your looking at it wrong. We are remembering him. Its good for the team, the fans, win/win.   I think what Brett Farve has done to greenbay fans is sickning.  I'll tell you what........JT and Zack at least never went to the Competition . We are so lucky to have great loyal players who take 6 million $$ pay raises and represent the team so well.  A day for them is the least we can do.

I'm with remembering him.  But I'm not fine with a fake 1-day contract to pretend like he's a Dolphin again.  He retired as a Chief, after playing with the Cowboys.  ...now, if he wanted to sign a 1-year contract for league minimum or something like that, to try and contribute here one more time, that's different.

I'm not knocking Zach for playing for other teams at all.  He's one of my favorite players in the league and I think he deserves fanfare here.  I'm just against the CONCEPT of the 1-day contract thing, regardless of who is doing it.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 09:01:55 pm »

author=Dave Gray link=topic=15112.msg174857#msg174857 date=1251915793]
I'm with remembering him.  But I'm not fine with a fake 1-day contract to pretend like he's a Dolphin again.  He retired as a Chief, after playing with the Cowboys.  ...now, if he wanted to sign a 1-year contract for league minimum or something like that, to try and contribute here one more time, that's different.
Your mouth to Gods ears!  That would make my year!!

I'm not knocking Zach for playing for other teams at all.  He's one of my favorite players in the league and I think he deserves fanfare here.  I'm just against the CONCEPT of the 1-day contract thing, regardless of who is doing it.

Its just a gesture  . Its his way of telling all of us that buisness is buisness, but this is where his heart is. Always has been.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 09:35:54 pm »

Its just a gesture  . Its his way of telling all of us that buisness is buisness, but this is where his heart is. Always has been.

OK.  I'll take that.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 10:17:30 pm »

Had he played for the Jets or the Pats though I don't think I'd want him back. Thats like my best friend banging my ex girlfriend. You just don't do it. I've got so much respect for JT doing what he did to play here and retire a Dolphin. I only wish Zack had that same oppourtunity.  Indifferent  but I'll settle for one day and a ceremony at the halftime of a future game. I still remember when he trotted on the field in 96 as a rookie and he knocked Jack Del Rio into retirement with one hit. Legend has it that Jimmy Johnson tossed a dime at him and told him to call his parents .........next to #13 he was the only player who made the rooster so far. Man I miss him roving the field with JT . Madision and Surtain. Even though we didn't win a championship Zack made it bearable for all those years. Especially after Marino retired. Good times......good times.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 02:01:31 am »

Thats like my best friend banging my ex girlfriend. You just don't do it.

I need more friends like you.   Sad

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:15 am »

Thats like my best friend banging my ex girlfriend. You just don't do it.

I've never bought into that theory. When an ex is an ex you have no say so anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray