Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:25:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Ted Ginn worse player ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ted Ginn worse player ever  (Read 11862 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 05:43:10 pm »

I agree with JTex.  Ginn avoids contact.  Those little yards add up.  Overall, he had a good game, stats-wise, but you need to make big catches, and you need to create.  Right now, he does neither.

+3.  Ginn jumps out of bounds and is scared of contact. Thats why he drops the big passes. The knows its coming.

Tepop84
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 06:05:16 pm »

marvin harrison avoids contact too.  not a big deal for a wide receiver. i haven't seen ginn not go for a ball because of an oncoming hit, he just doesn't want to take unnecessary punishment.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 08:03:02 pm »

Yeah, why should Ted bother trying to pick up extra yardage after the catch. It's not like anyone in this league ever breaks a tackle after that first hit or anything...may as well get out of bounds or down on the carpet while the getting is good and avoid a nasty bruise.

[/end blatant sarcasm]

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tepop84
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 10:16:09 pm »

Yeah, why should Ted bother trying to pick up extra yardage after the catch. It's not like anyone in this league ever breaks a tackle after that first hit or anything...may as well get out of bounds or down on the carpet while the getting is good and avoid a nasty bruise.

[/end blatant sarcasm]
right, ted ginn and his 180lb body shouldn't look to avoid contact, he should make those free safeties pay.  Why worry about whether you will be able to play next week when you can get 1 or 2 extra yards.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 01:26:48 am »

right, ted ginn and his 180lb body shouldn't look to avoid contact, he should make those free safeties pay.  Why worry about whether you will be able to play next week when you can get 1 or 2 extra yards.

If he weighs enough to take the field for an NFL franchise, he should weigh enough to do his job, which includes trying to get as many yards as possible to help facilitate his team putting more points on the board.

Your argument weighed a lot less than 180 lbs...and went about as far as Teddy does after a catch.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2009, 04:05:54 am »

It's one thing if you're about to take a licking, so you go out of bounds...I get that.  ...but he seems to go to the ground while he makes the catch way too often.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2009, 08:49:32 am »

It's all mental here. Darren Sproles is 5 foot 6, which means he is a midget. He isn't scared of contact. Same with the 5 foot 8 Maurice Jones Drew (remember that lick he put on Shawne Merriman?).

Ted Ginn needs to stop being a pussy and lean into a player - there is something called "forward progress" in the National Football League and the mere act of leaning forward after the catch will earn you 1 or 2 additional yards right there. If you get hit and get "sent back", then guess what, the ball is still spotted at the end of the forward progress.

He needs to stop ducking out of bounds and falling to the ground in the fetal position and take some contact. Or, take some lessons from Hines Ward.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 03:11:30 pm »

=Sunstroke link
Your argument weighed a lot less than 180 lbs...and went about as far as Teddy does after a catch.

Ouch...... Grin

THATs exactly why he was drafted were he was and got all the money he did. Because of his speed and ability to make yards after the catch. Not to be a sideline Pussie. And WTF is with the Gloves? They certainly don't help him catch the ball. Just more evidence of his pussy nature.

NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2009, 11:27:10 pm »

Go look on YouTube at the highlights of the non-catch in the end zone at the end of the game.  Ginn went up to catch the ball, and the Colts' DB pushed his right arm to prevent him from making the catch.  Looking at his hands, you can see that his left hand never moved and that his right arm crossed over, making it look like he just sucks at catching.  The DB made a play, albeit a borderline pass interference one, but I have no doubt that Ginn would have caught that ball had it not been for the DB contacting Ginn's arm.

I noticed this during the game as well.  Ginn is so light in the ass that when the DB comes into him he just gets pushed aside.  He's better off to jump into the DB and get the PI call.  In game one last year he couldn't get around the DB or even prevent the pick vs the Jets.  One of his best plays ever was a pushoff on a long TD catch that should have been called (and will be this year due to our record).  A lot of people agree he avoids contact at all costs.  This guy is not physical enough to play in the NFL and his speed is pretty much negated because he can't outrun NFL DBs and doesn't want the contact either.  If we had spent a 5th round pick on him instead we possibly wouldn't be having this conversion.  I could deal with it then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray