Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:31:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Channing Crowder......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Channing Crowder......  (Read 9068 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« on: September 22, 2009, 12:46:46 am »

I know I mentioned it in several threads tonight..........but he actually deserves a thread dedicated to his suckiness. Channing Crowder is a barely average Middle Linebacker. Tonight he played way Under average.  Long gone are the days when we had a Lion covering sideline to sideline ..........someone who watched Game Tape and knew the offenseive plays before they happened.  Someone who rarely missed a Tackle .  Channing Crowder should be ashamed of himself. This admin put alot of trust and faith into him. They stepped up and Paid the Man. What I've seen of him makes me sick. At least when Joey Porter talks smack he backs it up.

Crowder is a JOKE. One of the Number one reasons we lost the game is because of his inability to read a play and make a Tackle. Fucking pathetic and sad. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:49:20 am »

The only play I saw him miss was the long first down that Clark made.  If anyone deserves their own thread it's Akin or Wilson.  Did I miss something else?
ethurst22
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 01:06:31 am »

From what I saw, Crowder was supposed to jam the TE coming across the middle. Clark on Crowder was a mismatch and close to pre-meditated murder.

Crowder is NO Zach Thomas. He's a decent linebacker but he gets out of position too much.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 01:10:56 am »

The only play I saw him miss was the long first down that Clark made.  If anyone deserves their own thread it's Akin or Wilson.  Did I miss something else?

Guess you missed the touchdown at the end of the first half that allowed the RB to walk it in?  Distgusting. Zack at this stage of his life would still be a huge upgrade.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 02:24:56 am »

Guess you missed the touchdown at the end of the first half that allowed the RB to walk it in?  Distgusting. Zack at this stage of his life would still be a huge upgrade.

No, you're right...I saw that too...I also saw about 3 other Dolphins miss tackles on Donald Brown.  I'm not making excuses for the guy, he should have made the play...put the other guys should have too.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 09:35:42 am »

crowder is the same thing we have always seen, an okay linebacker nothing special. you can't dump on him too bad for letting the tight end run wild. that is a designed matchup that the tight end will always win. what he needs in those plays is freaking SAFETY help over the top.

the reason why this team is soooooo damn soft in the middle is lack of a true free safety that can hit and cover well.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 10:02:29 am »

I agree with the above.......maybe Zack just spoliled me. When he made contact with somebody they went down. Channing is fast but he misses way too much IMO. I think he's a half second off because he doesn't prepare as well as Zack did. Looks like he's winging it.

Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 11:13:50 am »

Crowder really did miss a lot of plays out there.  I won't point out everything he messed up on because he was out of position on most plays.  He also looks a lot slower than last year.  Maybe our off season training program is great for building strength, but our guys look slow.  Pair that with being out of position and you got disaster.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:31:04 pm »

Going back to the early 90's we only had 2 starting Middle linbackers , Zach thomas and Bryan Cox besides Crowder.  say what you want about Cox.......he backed up his mouth.  I think crowder is a Huge weakness in this defense. A gapping whole that needs to be addressed.

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 01:10:03 pm »

I think Crowder is a nice piece, but if he's not a run stopper (not many plays behind the line of scrimmage, ever), and he's not a great pass defender, and he's not a pass rusher, then what the hell is he?

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 01:39:04 pm »

he's just an average, run-of-the-mill, middle linebacker. isn't going to make any impact plays, and isn't good in pass coverage.

i think he'll do, although they are paying him some good cash. the make-up of this team just needs an exceptional free safety. otherwise the middle linebacker's deficiencies are magnified. gabril wilson signing is looking terrible 2 games into this season.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »

gabril wilson signing is looking terrible 2 games into this season.

Well, my question when we signed him appears to be answered.  It appears Wilson appears is a strong safety and not a free safety.  We have 2 strong safeties on the field at the same time.  This could be a long season. 

Can you believe it that we might actually have to concede that keeping Jason Allen at free safety may have been the best move for our team.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 03:43:16 pm »

Well, my question when we signed him appears to be answered.  It appears Wilson appears is a strong safety and not a free safety.  We have 2 strong safeties on the field at the same time.  This could be a long season. 

Can you believe it that we might actually have to concede that keeping Jason Allen at free safety may have been the best move for our team.

Jason Allen is also more suited to strong safety. 
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 04:33:31 pm »

Jason Allen is also more suited to strong safety. 

I think he can play both.  He is physical, but he is fast enough to cover.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 04:41:48 pm »

I think Crowder is a nice piece, but if he's not a run stopper (not many plays behind the line of scrimmage, ever), and he's not a great pass defender, and he's not a pass rusher, then what the hell is he?
I don't know WTF he is. But Zack made up for his physical deficiencies by watching Tape and knowing what they were doing with the ball before the ball was snapped.  He flew to the ball, and made tackles that stuck. I don't know what Crowders job is on this defense , but I know players fly by him untouched. He always looks confused. Parcells can't be happy with any of this shit.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray