Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:34:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Dolphin Executive Management - Same Old Story
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dolphin Executive Management - Same Old Story  (Read 6762 times)
bsfins
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 11:22:56 am »

My concern with the new ownership,say Parcells walks after this year or next....A few years down the road,who's gonna make the decision to replace Sparano,and Ireland...Say what you will about The Big Wayne H., he went out and got coaches,right or wrong...The man got Jimmy Johnson,(tried to keep him ) Kept Wanny Angry,then Went and got Saban,and then went and got Parcells....I'm curious who Ross will bring in the replace Parcells,on the football decisions.....Who will be the rudder,to keep the ship up right....I have to admit, with the Big H,I didn't worry about these things....

I don't live in Florida, I could care less if the trot out Wayne Newton to sing the national anthem every week....I don't see the same complaints as people that go to games.....
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 03:03:37 pm »

there are hints that this will be carl peterson, given he's tight with ross.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »

there are hints that this will be carl peterson, given he's tight with ross.

I heard he has his eye on some up and coming thirty-something year old Redneck out in the "Show Me State"!!  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
bsfins
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 06:59:57 pm »

^^^ Cheesy The Dolphins Make me cry would be pretty barron,half the board would be Dolphns employees Cheesy
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 07:18:02 pm »

^^^ Cheesy The Dolphins Make me cry would be pretty barron, half the board would be Dolphns employees Cheesy 

What would be fitting executive positions for some of the TDMMC board members?

Hmmm...

JoeTex:  V.P., Public Relations and Customer Care
Hoodie:  Covert Video Coordinator
Sunstroke:  Cheerleader dressing room concierge
Tommy:  Guy who delivers the walking papers any time someone is fired
Tepop:  Ronnie Brown's personal ball-washer
Househead, SC and Lee:  Legal team in charge of settling players' paternity suits

Anyone want to help me out with some other good employment fit ideas? I toss the slab of mutton into the crowd and say "dig in!"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 07:44:15 pm »

What would be fitting executive positions for some of the TDMMC board members?

Hmmm...

Sunstroke:  Cheerleader dressing room concierge
Tommy:  Guy who delivers the walking papers any time someone is fired
Tepop:  Ronnie Brown's personal ball-washer
Househead, SC and Lee:  Legal team in charge of settling players' paternity suits

Anyone want to help me out with some other good employment fit ideas? I toss the slab of mutton into the crowd and say "dig in!"

Let me fix that for you:

Dave Gray and Fau:  MiamiDolphins.com webmasters

Sunstroke and Maine:  Dolphin Digest beat writers

Tommy:  The Turk (guy who knocks on released players doors and says "Coach wants to see you, bring your playbook" and also delivers unwelcome news when a coach or front office person gets his walking papers)

Spongebob Tepop:  Runny Brown's personal ball-washer

Househead, SC and Lee:  Team legal advisors (this group helps players settle paternity suits and defends them against criminal charges)

ethurst:  Head musician (decides which songs will be played on team charter flights and at games)

CF Dolfan:  Team Chaplain
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:33:49 pm by Tommy » Logged
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 08:37:09 pm »

{Stands and applauds}

I always agree with what ethurst has to say.  You hit it right on the head this time, my friend.  I wish, for once, we could get a football guy to hold the purse-strings, rather than an investor, a tennis player, or a pop singer.

Football guys don't have a Billion $$ to invest in a buisness. Investors and Buisness men do. Thats Life.   As far as the Celebrity stuff goes.........its got NOTHING to do with the Football operations. I call the last 10 yrs the "dark years " of the Miami Dolphins. I like to see the energy and sprit and the New attitude of the New Owner.  I don't see Bill going anywhere, especially if he is made a Minority Owner as well.

And Landshark is a GREAT name for a Dolphin Stadium! Look around the NFL and see some of the other names on the stadiums. And have you tried the Product? Great Beer!

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 09:10:18 pm »

Let me fix that for you:

Tommy...you're not actually fixing anything when you provide your own opinion...you're simply providing your opinion. Your "let me fix that for you" - "here, corrected that for you" - "this is what you meant to say" trend recently has not been an endearing one.

Just being straight up with ya...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 09:32:53 pm »

Tommy...you're not actually fixing anything when you provide your own opinion...you're simply providing your opinion. Your "let me fix that for you" - "here, corrected that for you" - "this is what you meant to say" trend recently has not been an endearing one.

Just being straight up with ya...

You're right, I could've worded it differently........ but at least I didn't do a "I edited your post, I hope you don't mind"   Wink
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:35:42 pm by Tommy » Logged
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 05:46:56 pm »

This offseason they're were WR's for the taking. Boldin, Marshall, Chad Johnson were all being shopped. Boldin couldve been had for a second round pick in fact. In this years draft he passed on hakeem nicks who will be a consistent playmaker for the giants. When Davone Bess is your best receiver your in trouble.

Why go after those big name WR's if you dont have someone to throw 40 yrds deep to.   I perseonally rather have Bess, Ginn & Camarillo 

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 09:42:11 am »

This whole "experience" thing is B.S. We haven't won anything in almost 36 years. Dolphin Management act as if we have won 10 titles and we only have two. I was lucky to be alive and witness those two championships. You don't see this kind of "experience stuff" in New England or Pittsburgh. Those franchises care about one thing and that's winning.

Actually, you do.  Not to nit pick, but outside of Gillette Stadium is the new Patriots Hall of Fame.  The way it is set up you would think New England is a team with a rich history of winning versus being a team that has won a few titles recently.  New England was the laughing stock of the league in the 70's, 80's and partially into the 90's...but the way this thing is set up you would think that the Pats are the Yankees of the NFL with titles upon titles from decade to decade to celebrate.

I have no issue with a team trying to market it's legacy, even if they need to spin the yarn a little to do it.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray