Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:00:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Man! People are giving up on Pat White already?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Man! People are giving up on Pat White already?  (Read 3785 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 03:48:04 pm »

Was Pat White in a spread offense in college? Is this like a Vince Young type situation,where they have to work on him playing under center....I thought I over heard one of the announcers talking about it during the preseason.....That's why I'm asking....

WVU was one of the innovators of the Spread Option. In four years I can priobably count Pat White's snaps under center on my hands.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 03:50:59 pm »

I'm not knocking Pat White for obvious reasons but I have to mention this.  He has got to be in the running for the biggest deer in the headlights look.  I'm not exactly sure what they are trying to gain by running him in there for a couple of plays here and there but he for sure ... isn't ready to pull anything worth while off. I think he's just hoping not to take it in the poopah!!  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 03:56:42 pm »

^^^^^

And the Trifecta wasted a SECOND ROUND PICK on this guy!!!!
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 04:02:59 pm »

^^^^^

And the Trifecta wasted a SECOND ROUND PICK on this guy!!!!

INVESTED, Tommy, invested a second rounder.  Let's all relax a sec and let the kid sit and learn.  Chad Henne was a second rounder last year and sat for a year to learn (and would've sat this year, too).  Was that a disappointment, or is that what you do with rookie quarterbacks?  If Henne sat a year to learn how to play a position he's played his entire football-playing life, how long should Pat White sit while learning to play the position in a way he's never played before?

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
RhodeIslandPhinFan

"I think Marino just threw another TD pass!!!"

RallMonkey
Email
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 04:03:40 pm »

Tommy, that is correct.  He probably took 80-85% of the snaps from the shotgun or pistol.  With Steve Slaton and Owen Schmidt and WVU playing in a weak Big East there wasn't much for him to do mentally.  He just read and reacted with that offense.  He was also a highly touted baseball prospect.....and when he needs to throw the ball...he can.  

Let's give him atleast  2 more seasons after this one before we call for his head people.

"Last January, when I was elected to the Hall of Fame, I challenged Dolphins fans to overrun Canton, Ohio. You know what? You've taken it over! Thank you, thank you, all of you, the 13 jersey up there - everybody up in the corners. Thank you all of you so much."
RhodeIslandPhinFan

RallMonkey
Email
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 04:06:37 pm »

I'm not knocking Pat White for obvious reasons but I have to mention this.  He has got to be in the running for the biggest deer in the headlights look.  I'm not exactly sure what they are trying to gain by running him in there for a couple of plays here and there but he for sure ... isn't ready to pull anything worth while off. I think he's just hoping not to take it in the poopah!!  Cheesy

There is no way in hell he is up for any "Deer in Headlights" look awards over Reche Caldwell:

"Last January, when I was elected to the Hall of Fame, I challenged Dolphins fans to overrun Canton, Ohio. You know what? You've taken it over! Thank you, thank you, all of you, the 13 jersey up there - everybody up in the corners. Thank you all of you so much."
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 04:09:57 pm »

Tommy, that is correct.  He probably took 80-85% of the snaps from the shotgun or pistol.  With Steve Slaton and Owen Schmidt and WVU playing in a weak Big East there wasn't much for him to do mentally.  

Except go undeafeated in bowl games against the "superior" conferences.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 05:31:18 pm »

^^ That's Cadwell pictures is hilarious.  I remember watching that game, but don't remember why he was all wigged out.  What was it all about?

I drink your milkshake!
RhodeIslandPhinFan

RallMonkey
Email
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 08:47:22 pm »

^^ That's Cadwell pictures is hilarious.  I remember watching that game, but don't remember why he was all wigged out.  What was it all about?

Mr. Gray, As much as I hate to say this for him.....they are always that way.  I am dead serious.  His brother has them too, but not as bad.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 10:44:37 pm »

There was some game (I'm pretty positive it's from that picture), where he was getting a lot of camera time for taking a big hit or dropping balls or something.

I drink your milkshake!
RhodeIslandPhinFan

RallMonkey
Email
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 07:53:39 pm »

There was some game (I'm pretty positive it's from that picture), where he was getting a lot of camera time for taking a big hit or dropping balls or something.

Mr. Gray, I got you on that.  It was a MNF or Sun night game that he dropped a few huge passes in.  I hope he didn't drop them because he couldn't see the ball.

What my grandmother says when we make a plate and don't finish: "Your eyes are bigger than your belly"....this can not apply to Reche.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray