Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:56:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Anthony Fasano sucks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anthony Fasano sucks  (Read 6293 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: October 03, 2009, 09:49:51 pm »

In a long tradition of total bum jobbers from Notre Dame, Anthony Fasano is a complete waste of space at Tight End for the Miami Dolphins, or on any team that he will sign on to their practice squad when the Dolphins release Fasano after week 6.

In today's NFL, you need your starting Tight End to be a capable blocker as well as a capable pass catcher. I can reel off 10 guys right off the top of my head that fit this bill - Tight End is a very deep position in the NFL. Fasano is towards the bottom of the Tight End pool in the NFL, and I can't believe this bum is in the league, let alone starting in the league.

In three games this season, he has a whopping 3 Receptions for 11 yards. This doesn't count his gargantuan total of 0 TD receptions, and who can forget the two horrendous, unexcusable, inexplicable fumbles that cost the Dolphins the game. It also doesn't count dropped passes, like the one that hit him right on the hands vs. Indianapolis. Hell, you can even throw in his preseason stats if you want to pad the numbers a bit. Fasano's 2009 pre-season statistics? 1 Catch for 2 yards, making his total of the entire 2009 time period 4 catches for 13 yards and 1 measily TD.

However, it goes way beyond this season's stats. I don't even know how in the hell he grabbed 34 balls for 454 yards and 7 TDs last season during Miami's now obvious fluke season. Not counting 2008, he is on pace to have far worse stats than when he was the back-up, blocking TE in Dallas, where he saw very little playing time behind Jason Whitten.

It also goes beyond stats in general. Fasano plays like a whimp. Chad Pennington got his ass whopped on a regular basis in the last 3 games, and the wildcat has not been as effective this season as it was last season (fewer bigger plays, fewer wide-open players, etc.). I am blaming Fasano for this, a TE who was supposed to be the next Mark Bavaro. My apologies to Mr. Mark Bavaro and the entire Bavaro family for even thinking of suggesting that Fasano and Bavaro should be mentioned in the same thread on a Dolphins fan message board.

I think that Anthony Fasano has attended a few classes at the Ted Ginn school for pansies, where you learn how to sew, knit, scrapbook and pottery techniques.

The Dolphins are averaging 14 points per game in 3 games so far this season, which is almost exactly what they averaged in pre-season in 2009. In 2008's miracle Dolphins and outlandishly miraculous Fasano season, the Dolphins averaged 21.5 PPG. Good luck counting on this loser bum to help increase their PPG this season.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:10:05 am »

Don't worry JTex, he'll pick it up against the Bills and Jets--probably around 12 receptions and a TD the next two weeks.  He's definitely been craptastic so far this season. 
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:47:30 am »

I couldn't disagree more!  Fasano has been used in a nearly 100% run blocking fashion and done well.  When he was a receiving threat, Pennington made him look bad.  He has been open many times with not one look his directions.  He has been overthrown to a point that nobody could have made the catch. 

The turnovers were bad, but he has had no opportunity for redemption.  He is getting screwed and staying quiet about it.  He should be praised for silencing his frustration.

I have called for the team to go back to him as a passing threat but really don't think that will happen until Henne gets a little faster at getting rid of the ball.  Don't be surprised to see him continue to be used as a blocker on nearly every play (run or pass).
bsfins
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 12:43:28 pm »

I'm questioning his hands past 5 yards...It seemed like most of his passes last year were those 5-8 yard down the field passes,then he'd run to the endzone....(I hate to Bash a TE) Those two fumbles have ruined him mentally? Huh
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:27:33 pm »

Update: Fasano's season totals have radically increased! He now has 4 receptions for 18 yards. He hauled in a 7-yard strike from Chad Henne against the Buffalo Bills for his longest catch of the season!

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »

Update: Fasano's season totals have radically increased! He now has 4 receptions for 18 yards. He hauled in a 7-yard strike from Chad Henne against the Buffalo Bills for his longest catch of the season!

I am telling ya, he is a hall-of-famer! Wink

Seriously, don't take too many shots at the guy when he isn't even being sent out on pass patterns. 
ethurst22
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 07:34:53 pm »

The Dolphins clearly miss David Martin.

Last year, when they passed out of a two tight end set, you had to watch Martin because he could run down the middle of the field like a receiver. Fasano would do the underneath stuff.

Insert Joey Haynos. Haynos doesn't have speed. Martin had receiver type of speed and good hands.

I think Fasanos struggles are linked to David Martin not being there.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 08:46:25 am »

Martin had receiver type of speed and good hands.

This may be the overstatement of the year. Although I agree that his absence left a hole, I don't agree with the statement about his speed. I think his hands were good last year, but historically he was known for the dropsies.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 01:28:40 pm »

I've still got MNF, JTex!  All he needs is 11 receptions and a TD.  That'll probably be hard to obtain with all the kickass production we've been getting out of our receivers--Turner, Ginn, etc.
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 01:45:53 am »

Fasano had 4 receptions for 38 yards and one TD with his longest gain going for 21.  I whiffed on the receptions but at least he got the TD!
cuzzy

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:43 pm »

"In a long tradition of total bum jobbers from Notre Dame, Anthony Fasano is a complete waste of space at Tight End for the Miami Dolphins, or on any team that he will sign on to their practice squad when the Dolphins release Fasano after week 6."

Umm, are you high?

"In today's NFL, you need your starting Tight End to be a capable blocker as well as a capable pass catcher. I can reel off 10 guys right off the top of my head that fit this bill - Tight End is a very deep position in the NFL. Fasano is towards the bottom of the Tight End pool in the NFL, and I can't believe this bum is in the league, let alone starting in the league."

Umm, are you really high?   I agree that the TE position is a very deep positition, and furthermore agree that Anthony is not in the top 10, however, I disagree agree that he is in the bottom half of the league.

"In three games this season, he has a whopping 3 Receptions for 11 yards. This doesn't count his gargantuan total of 0 TD receptions, and who can forget the two horrendous, unexcusable, inexplicable fumbles that cost the Dolphins the game. It also doesn't count dropped passes, like the one that hit him right on the hands vs. Indianapolis. Hell, you can even throw in his preseason stats if you want to pad the numbers a bit. Fasano's 2009 pre-season statistics? 1 Catch for 2 yards, making his total of the entire 2009 time period 4 catches for 13 yards and 1 measily TD."

Yes, anthony had a horrible game against atlanta.  Probably the worst in all of his football career but everyone has those games at times and when I say times hopefully once.    The pass against indianapolis was a little high and difficult but hell, you would have mad that catch right?

"It also goes beyond stats in general. Fasano plays like a whimp. Chad Pennington got his ass whopped on a regular basis in the last 3 games, and the wildcat has not been as effective this season as it was last season (fewer bigger plays, fewer wide-open players, etc.). I am blaming Fasano for this, a TE who was supposed to be the next Mark Bavaro. My apologies to Mr. Mark Bavaro and the entire Bavaro family for even thinking of suggesting that Fasano and Bavaro should be mentioned in the same thread on a Dolphins fan message board.

I think that Anthony Fasano has attended a few classes at the Ted Ginn school for pansies, where you learn how to sew, knit, scrapbook and pottery techniques."

This is where you lost me.  The only reasoning is that you are probably from Cedar Grove and got abused in high school.   You are a giants fan or seem to be? Are you from Jersey?  Reason being is that the usual jersey guy would be rooting for anyone from jersey whom made the NFL even if they bet on the phish and lost money.   You either lost money or again got your tits fucking lit up by AF in high school.  I don't know what games you are watching but AF definitely holds his own and way more.  Do you want nailbone and heynos starting everygame instead (nothing against them)?

Give the guy a break and just see what he can do once Henne and him get clicking.

ethurst22
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 08:06:13 pm »

It's official and agree with Jtex. Fasano had a fluke year last year. I still think that Miami misses David Martin and his ability to get downfield.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray