Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:02:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game Revised
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game Revised  (Read 3777 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 27, 2009, 01:41:35 am »

Davone Bess - that fumble is what started the whole collapse.  Hold on to the freakin ball, we'll punt it away, and go into the half with a three touchdown lead

Tony Sparano - that TO......Is there anybody who can make the coach run wind sprints at practice for doing something so stupid?  And that two minute drill?....   You gotta throw deep passes up for grabs.  Not tosses to slot receivers that have no chance of getting downfield or even getting out of bounds.  What shitty play calling.  If you're going to dink and dunk it like that, you might as well take a knee.

Dan Henning - Tepop said it best.  Throwing all over the field in the second half.  AND WHERE WAS RICKY???

Ted Ginn - stone hands.  Gave the Saints their second touchdown.  If you're going to drop the ball, at least make sure that the other team doesn't catch it

Anthony Fasano - you've got stone hands too.  You've had them all season.  Ronnie makes an amazing pass to you and you drop it.

Greg Camarillo - nice job throwing the ball to the sidelines.  Pretty much killed that drive that was looking good.  And what the fuck where you doing trying to get to the sidelines anyway?  There were more than 2 minutes left in the game!!!!!

The Defense - Every aspect.  For those of you saying the defense did well... LOL!!!!  YOu gotta play a complete game.  You don't just force some TOs and then go "Oh, we've done our job, we'll get soft now."  The pass rush was nonexistant, and the receivers were so wide open I didn't see defenders in the picture on some of those completions.  And nice tackling of Shockey.  Look, the offense twice gave the defense ten-point leads in the second half and the defense choked them away.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:02 am »

I agree with most of what you're saying, but the is it just me, or did it look like Greg Camarillo already had a knee down when he attempted that "pass" to the sidelines?  If that's the case, then shouldn't the play have been dead, and the "forward pass" not have mattered?
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 02:49:20 am »

What's the ruling on Hartline not being set but a Saints player three yards deep in our backfield on the last play of the game?

I agree with you 4life on Bess's fumble getting the entire shit parade started coupled with Sparano's timeout that cost us an additional four. 
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 02:27:24 pm »

I agree with most of what you're saying, but the is it just me, or did it look like Greg Camarillo already had a knee down when he attempted that "pass" to the sidelines?  If that's the case, then shouldn't the play have been dead, and the "forward pass" not have mattered?
I completely agree.  His knee did appear to be down.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »

I completely agree.  His knee did appear to be down.

My issue is not whether or not his knee was down.  It was the fact that they called him for an illegal forward pass when it looked like he was stretching to get an extra yard, and lost the ball.  It should have been a fumble out of bounds.  Period and end of discussion.  Any NFL official who dares to tell me otherwise will risk getting his jaw broken.  Angry
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 02:37:34 pm »

It looked like he was diving to get to the sideline to stop the clock and dropped the ball when he hit the ground.  I debate that the ball even went forward.  It was a terrible call, especially at that situation in the game.  It killed the drive.

The illegal shift on the last play was also a terrible call

Sharper's fumble on the int return was a blown call.

The entire game was HORRIBLY officiated.  I wonder who on the competition committee Tony Sparano pissed off to turn the refs against him in every game.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:33:32 pm »

Uh Guys....

That Camarillo play was the correct call.  You're not allowed to throw the ball towards the sideline to get out of bounds.   Otherwise, people would catch the ball over the middle of the field and THROW it towards the sidelines.  The refs made the correct call.

Of course, the real issue is WHY THE FUCK WAS CAMARILLO TRYING TO GET OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!!?Huh?  It was to their advantage to let the clock run down to the two-minute warning.

You guys gotta stop blaming the refs for this loss.  It was the team's fault.

edited to add, if I were a moderator, I would lock this thread because you are blaming the refs for the loss. Cheesy

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:03:13 am »

^^ good thing you're not a moderator then.

I think my point was more that it didn't look to me like he was trying to throw it out of bounds.  It looked to me like a dive and a legit fumble.  My point is, in a close game, with the clock ticking, they shouldn't make borderline calls like this.

I'm not blaming refs for the loss, merely pointing out that the officiating was terrible in this game.
bsfins
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:58 pm »

After watching Last weeks game (like 3 times) I have to say Love Bess...But He'd have to be it...Refs,are a part of the game..So is emotional/Momentum swings...And that's what it was...His Fumble was and emotional,Momentum pendlum swing in the Saints favor..It gave them hope,and it's not over....
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:31 pm »

I'm still putting it on Camrillo for killing that last, possibly game wining drive.
But I'm going to have to argue with B about Bess. Without that TO called by Sparano, that fumble would have only cost the Phins 3 points.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
bsfins
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 10:22:37 am »

If Bess wouldn't have fumbled..We could have possibly scored,and the Saints would not have touched the ball till the third Quarter....It's all speculative...
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 12:50:39 am »

OC Dan Henning for not running the football in the second half.  The entire defensive unit including the coaching staff for not bothering to play pass defense or tackle.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray