Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:55:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - at Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - at Patriots  (Read 5937 times)
Tepop84
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 03:56:30 pm »

I agree with JVides.... Dan Henning is the SOTG.  He REALLY needs to stop jerking Henne around with the wildcat.  If they want to run the wildcat, start the series with it.  Don't wait til Chad is 4/4 for 40 yards on a drive and then pull him for Pat White and the cat.  WTF is that?Huh

Has Henne ever been 4/4 on a drive? 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 04:24:39 pm »

I will repeat this once again. The Dolphins are not using the Wildcat formation when they bring Pat White into the game.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 06:18:51 pm »

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned...Sparano for going for it on 4th and 15 deep in their own territory....and Ted Ginn for dropping yet another game changing pass on that 4th and 15

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 10:39:08 am »

I will repeat this once again. The Dolphins are not using the Wildcat formation when they bring Pat White into the game.

Phish .. it doesn't realy matter given the point. The biggest point is Henne being pulled.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:19 pm »

^^^ I've got you and I don't really disagree. I just want everyone to understand that it isn't the Wildcat though.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 04:33:34 pm »

I just want everyone to understand that it isn't the Wildcat though.

Please define the Wild Cat for me.

Last year, one of the defining characteristics was an unbalanced line. That's pretty much gone this year.

Last year, one of the defining characteristics was splitting the quarterback out wide. That's pretty much gone this year.

Pretty much th only thing left is that Ronnie Brown takes the snap. Usually Sticky Ricky will be in motion across (but the timing on the fake to him has been horrible this year, to the point where said motion is pretty much useless as a decoy).
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 04:52:15 pm »

A friend and I were having this conversation, too.

I don't think that if Pat White is under center that it's, technically speaking, the Wildcat.

I think the key to the Wildcat is that it doesn't let the defense make a substitution.

Perhaps that definition is changing though.  I always took it as 1) Standard personnel (QB out wide), 2) a RB taking the snap from shotgun.  Usually, it had another RB in motion, where you had 4 options - 1) RB draw, 2) RB handoff, 3) RB option pass, 4) flea flicker to QB pass

I drink your milkshake!
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 05:02:50 pm »

SOTG goes to Taylor and Porter equally.  Taylor got beat bad on a slant that he was responsible for and got blown off the ball when run plays came his way.  Porter did nothing but take up space.

If you don't think this coaching staff did everything possible to win this game, you are crazy!  We lost because we have a young backfield, young qbs, young receivers and the Pats are good in nearly every part of their game.  We got beat by a substantially better team and our coaches almost found a way to win.

With that said... I would agree that we need to be able to spread out our offense to beat a team like the Patriots and we did not do that.  But I truly believe we would have done it if we could have.  We just aren't there yet.  Henne and our receivers had no chance if they tried to have a shoot out with Brady and his receivers.  The game plan that was run was the only one that had a chance with our current level of ability.
Tepop84
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 05:09:09 pm »

SOTG goes to Taylor and Porter equally.  Taylor got beat bad on a slant that he was responsible for and got blown off the ball when run plays came his way.  Porter did nothing but take up space.

If you don't think this coaching staff did everything possible to win this game, you are crazy!  We lost because we have a young backfield, young qbs, young receivers and the Pats are good in nearly every part of their game.  We got beat by a substantially better team and our coaches almost found a way to win.

With that said... I would agree that we need to be able to spread out our offense to beat a team like the Patriots and we did not do that.  But I truly believe we would have done it if we could have.  We just aren't there yet.  Henne and our receivers had no chance if they tried to have a shoot out with Brady and his receivers.  The game plan that was run was the only one that had a chance with our current level of ability.

Another problem is that we aren't even a run first offense anymore since Henne came in.  The coaches vastly overrate him, and think he is actually good.  Now they are passing way more often than they should.  And all henne is doing is throwing incompletions and taking sacks.  Run the ball (preferably with Ricky since he is way better than Ronnie)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 05:21:10 pm »

Another problem is that we aren't even a run first offense anymore since Henne came in.  The coaches vastly overrate him, and think he is actually good.  Now they are passing way more often than they should.  And all henne is doing is throwing incompletions and taking sacks.  Run the ball (preferably with Ricky since he is way better than Ronnie)

I agree that we are becoming more of a passing first team, and need to get back to run first, but the rest of your post....
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray