Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Best Dolphins Thanksgiving Memory?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Best Dolphins Thanksgiving Memory?  (Read 4471 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 25, 2009, 01:42:40 am »

I have two:

In 2003, I had just watched my high school lose on a last second hail mary the day before from the broadcast booth as a spotter.  The Dolphins played the Cowboys and Fiedler and Chambers lit them up.

Too bad the season fell apart next week.

In 2006, I was a freshman in college.  I was suffering from severe depression and anxiety and the previous Saturday, had wound up in the hospital after suffering an emotional meltdown.  I entered Thanksgiving break unsure what would happen to me.  Joey Harrington gave me a happy Thanksgiving with 3 TD passes and the Dolphins beat the Lions.

What are your favorites?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:00 am »

1993, the snow bowl II against Dallas. Keith Byars went nuts that day on the ground. With seconds left, Stoyanovich was set up for a certain game winning FG, which was then blocked. Until Dallas' Leon Lett muffed the ball thinking it was loose, Miami recovered, which finally lead to the game winning FG. I will never forget it. My dad and I had minor heart attacks that night.

This has to be the greatest Miami game I've ever seen (yes, I missed the '85 Bears/Dolphins game). And to be living in Texas at the time with my dad was even sweeter. We bought 3 Dallas newspapers the following day (which I still have). God it was awesome wearing Phins gear in college that Monday.

On the sad side, Dallas never lost another game that season and became Super Bowl champs. F Dallas.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:18:51 am by Thundergod » Logged
afphinfan

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 06:20:29 am »

1993, the snow bowl II against Dallas. Keith Byars went nuts that day on the ground.

I remember Byars' 77 yd run ... goofy shuffle step thing of beauty! That was a good game.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 07:48:57 am »

1993, the snow bowl II against Dallas. Keith Byars went nuts that day on the ground. With seconds left, Stoyanovich was set up for a certain game winning FG, which was then blocked. Until Dallas' Leon Lett muffed the ball thinking it was loose, Miami recovered, which finally lead to the game winning FG. I will never forget it. My dad and I had minor heart attacks that night.

This has to be the greatest Miami game I've ever seen (yes, I missed the '85 Bears/Dolphins game). And to be living in Texas at the time with my dad was even sweeter. We bought 3 Dallas newspapers the following day (which I still have). God it was awesome wearing Phins gear in college that Monday.

On the sad side, Dallas never lost another game that season and became Super Bowl champs. F Dallas.

I agree.  That big run by Byars was beautiful, but what was even more beautiful was the defense shut down Dallas with all their weapons on offense. 

And on the sad side, the Dolphins were 9-2 after that game and many picked them to beat Dallas in the Super Bowl, but they never WON another game that season and ended up missing the playoffs.  IMO, Shula should've gotten fired after that collapse.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:41:33 am »

Nothing will beat the snow game
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:28:54 am »

yes, the 1993 game was a beauty, especially since I bet a classmate $10 that the Phins would win straight up.

but my first memory of a Phins game as a kid was watching the 1978 Thanksgiving game when Griese carved up the Cardinals for 6 TDs and set some Phins records that day for TDs and pts.

I didn't get to see too many Phins games as a kid cause I live in PA and the only you caught them was on a MNF game or a playoff, so it was nice to watch them on Turkey day.

Let's go Phins, beat the Bills
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:31:18 am by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:10:04 am »

Nothing will beat the snow game

Agreed.  That was one of my favorite football memories of all time.
Matrix7637

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 11:19:44 am »

Yup...snow game hands down.  I was watching that game with a bunch of Dallas fans and they were riding my butt until the end of the game!  I went back for another helping of turkey after that and all the Dallas fans were sick to their stomach! Grin

What would life be if we lacked the courage to attempt anything?
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:19:51 am »

I too loved the '93 game and enjoyed rubbing it in the face of a few family members who are Cowgirl fans!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 12:00:53 pm »

The Leon Lett game was great, but my personal favorite was a game that I went to with my family.  It was the one where we wore the throwbacks.  Fiedler was our QB and he hit Chambers in the back of the endzone for a sweet catch.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 01:23:57 pm »

^^^^

I mentioned that in my first post.

That was in 2003

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 02:28:19 pm »

Carlos, you remember Byars making a snow angel after that run?  That's my best memory, too.  Chris Chambers lighting up Dallas a few years ago was fun, but that game in '93 is my favorite, too

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 02:38:03 pm »

1993 I was having dinner at the home of some Dallas fans.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
dolphinfamily

Wish you were here!

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 11:30:53 pm »

The snow game hands down the best Phins turkey day ever. wow! That game is 16 years old already my how time flys.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 12:30:32 am »

'93

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray