Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:44:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  SOTG Bills II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: SOTG Bills II  (Read 6957 times)
Tepop84
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 04:43:32 pm »

Our losses (especially because of play in the 4th quarter) is because we're not doing what we should early, causing us to play out of our game late.

Yup, In Barry Greensteins book, he talks about how he doesn't get mad about bad beats that knock him out of tournaments, because if he had played a little better or a little differently earlier, then he would have had more chips than the guy that busted him, and still been in the tournament.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 04:50:19 pm »

I wish you would, and then i wish he would beat the shit out of you.  He probably could too.

I don't think so.  I'd probably make short work of him..... then have enough left to put your sorry ass in the hospital too.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 05:02:21 pm »

Henning gets my SOTG for that stupid pass.  Set the tone of the game

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 05:22:08 pm »

Yup, In Barry Greensteins book, he talks about how he doesn't get mad about bad beats that knock him out of tournaments, because if he had played a little better or a little differently earlier, then he would have had more chips than the guy that busted him, and still been in the tournament.

Ace on the River...good book.  Anyway, I have to agree with you for once Tepop, but I give Henne SOTG not HM.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »

There are times to get cute.  When you've run the entire field and haven't yet scored any points, that's not the time.

This is exactly my point and has been all season. The play calling has been horrible in that Henning will STOP calling the plays that have worked once he gets in field goal range. He didn't do that last year, at least not to nearly the same infuriating extent. He's going Wild Cat when our normal game is working, out of the Wild Cat when IT is working, passing when the running game has been working, running sweeps when runs up the middle have been working etc. It's like he's decided to try and shatter any possible rhythm our offense could possibly get into.
ethurst22
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 06:42:11 pm »

This is exactly my point and has been all season. The play calling has been horrible in that Henning will STOP calling the plays that have worked once he gets in field goal range. He didn't do that last year, at least not to nearly the same infuriating extent. He's going Wild Cat when our normal game is working, out of the Wild Cat when IT is working, passing when the running game has been working, running sweeps when runs up the middle have been working etc. It's like he's decided to try and shatter any possible rhythm our offense could possibly get into.

Henning has no method to his madness.

If you're going to run the Wildcat between the five yard line and the goal, make sure that you run North, South or to the pylon with the ball or if you are going to pass, throw it to the back of the end zone going away from the defender like Ronnie did when he threw a touchdown to Haynos.

Miami got lucky on Rickys interception. Had that guy kept his balance, that would have been a 103yd interception return. There was no one in front to stop him from bringing the ball back.

We have a better offense line this year and Henning calls BS once we get inside of the opponents 20 yard line.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:44:44 pm by ethurst22 » Logged
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 10:56:35 am »

Yeah, I'll go Henning, too, though he was a bit strapped today - is there any doubt Miami keeps pounding the rock if Ronnie Brown is healthy? - because he had to  limit the amount of carries Ricky Williams was going to get (the announcers said Miami had set his limit at 25 carries, though he hit 27).  In this game, Miami should've run the ball 45+ times.

Henne had a nice game right up until the second pick, so he gets very little consideration here.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 01:54:44 am »

Coaching. 

My god WTTF

Henne for those INT's

NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 08:44:54 am »

Chad Henne.  Someday he'll get to the point where he can flat out win a game...sorry ass Fitzpatrick did it Sunday.   

I'm not blaming Henning, though the RickyCat is shit, because Ricky should have had enough sense not to throw it.  Henne should be able to lead the team past it. 
NADS
Uber Member

27 years of heartache.

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:00 am »

Yeah, I'll go Henning, too, though he was a bit strapped today - is there any doubt Miami keeps pounding the rock if Ronnie Brown is healthy? - because he had to  limit the amount of carries Ricky Williams was going to get (the announcers said Miami had set his limit at 25 carries, though he hit 27).  In this game, Miami should've run the ball 45+ times.

Henne had a nice game right up until the second pick, so he gets very little consideration here.

Agreed. Give the rock to the rookie.  Hilliard would have been good for 20 carries and it's time to see what he's got.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 12:31:59 pm »

Agreed. Give the rock to the rookie.  Hilliard would have been good for 20 carries and it's time to see what he's got.

Hilliard really isn't a rookie.  He was in camp last season and made it to the practice squad.  I guess that makes him a 2nd year player.  Regardless, I think they should have worked him in more in the first half so that Ricky would have had fresh legs toward the end
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray