Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:48:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas wants to sign a one day contract to retire as a Dolphin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas wants to sign a one day contract to retire as a Dolphin  (Read 6227 times)
dolphinfamily

Wish you were here!

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 09:54:42 am »

This is a ridiculous argument. In 20 year when his name is mentioned what will people say?
They will say he was a great middle linebacker for the DOLPHINS. It does not matter where he ended his career, he will always be linked to the Dolphins. Babe Ruth ended his career with the Boston Braves Does that make him a Brave? No he will always be linked to the Yankees. Zach is a Dolphin end of story, doest`t matter where he ended his career.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:39 pm »

This is a ridiculous argument. In 20 year when his name is mentioned what will people say?
They will say he was a great middle linebacker for the DOLPHINS. It does not matter where he ended his career, he will always be linked to the Dolphins. Babe Ruth ended his career with the Boston Braves Does that make him a Brave? No he will always be linked to the Yankees. Zach is a Dolphin end of story, doest`t matter where he ended his career.

Of course it does.

We're not talking about whether Zach is thought of as a Dolphin.  We're talking about whether or not he retired as a Dolphin, WHICH HE DIDN'T.  (Unless we have a pretend ceremony to make everyone involved feel better about it.)

Just because he was great and just because he'll always be a Dolphin in our hearts and blah blah blah, doesn't change the FACT that he didn't play his final season in Miami.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphinfamily

Wish you were here!

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 07:40:42 am »

I don't get it,what is the problem with showing one of the greatest dolphins some love?
This man bled aqua and orange. he left what he had on the field every game. He was the epitome of what the dolphins represented, hard work and self sacrifice he used his body like a wreaking ball and now he has to pay the price for it in the form of post  concussion syndrome. So if this man wants to sign a 1 day deal and retire a dolphin then i cant think of a better player to do it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 12:19:19 pm »

I don't get it,what is the problem with showing one of the greatest dolphins some love?

Showing love is fine.  They should put him in the Ring of Honor and parade him around all they want.  But showing love doesn't mean you have to have a sham contract to pretend that things ended differently than they did.

I drink your milkshake!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:19 pm »

Showing love is fine.  They should put him in the Ring of Honor and parade him around all they want.  But showing love doesn't mean you have to have a sham contract to pretend that things ended differently than they did.

Its a gesture saved for only the very special of special players.  Myself and my son would enjoy it as well.   No sham I can see.......... Huh

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray