Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Understanding Tepop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Understanding Tepop  (Read 20491 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 02:40:21 pm »

I've never questioned your intelligence or whether you're a fan.  In fact, I respect that you always are reasonable and don't throw insults and instead present facts in debates.

What I wonder is why you seem so negative all the time?  Even in victories, you often choose to focus on bashing Ronnie and Henne.  Granted, sometimes it's justified, but why not focus on the good things when they win?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 03:03:03 pm »

What I wonder is why you seem so negative all the time?  Even in victories, you often choose to focus on bashing Ronnie and Henne.  Granted, sometimes it's justified, but why not focus on the good things when they win?

There is a common cliche' used in behavioral psych, that some people just can't be happy unless they're unhappy. To some folks, being positive is just flat out painful. No idea whether that is the case in this instance or not...I'm a bit far removed for that sort of diagnosis, but it is definitely a possibility.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 03:16:27 pm »

Very logical question.

What say you, Tepop?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tepop84
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »

Very logical question.

What say you, Tepop?

When was the last time the dolphins really blew out an opponent. The way they have been playing the last couple years they haven't had any games where they have played really well.  The first jets game last year they played well and the patriots game the year before (although ronnie got way too much credit in that game)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 03:46:50 pm »

and the patriots game the year before (although ronnie got way too much credit in that game)

This is a case where I have to think that you have motives.  Didn't Ronnie have like 200 yards and 5 TDs or something absolutely insanely crazy like that?  How can you cite that performance, only to have it be a backhanded compliment towards Brown?

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 03:50:26 pm »

When was the last time the dolphins really blew out an opponent. The way they have been playing the last couple years they haven't had any games where they have played really well. 

Final score means zero when you win.

Z-E-R-O.

You're grasping at straws at this point.  You don't get style points in this league.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tepop84
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

This is a case where I have to think that you have motives.  Didn't Ronnie have like 200 yards and 5 TDs or something absolutely insanely crazy like that?  How can you cite that performance, only to have it be a backhanded compliment towards Brown?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:57:52 pm by Tepop84 » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 04:41:16 pm »

When was the last time the dolphins really blew out an opponent. The way they have been playing the last couple years they haven't had any games where they have played really well.  The first jets game last year they played well and the patriots game the year before (although ronnie got way too much credit in that game)

That leads to my next question?

Why do you care whether they blow out an opponent?  Why don't you just care about whether they win or lose? 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 04:48:59 pm »

Tepop84
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 05:00:11 pm »

Here's the thing though. Both played well, but Ronnie accounted for 5 TDs while Ricky didn't account for any. That is why there was no write up. Had Ricky put points on the board you would have heard about it. There is no secret agenda there.

anybody on the team could have scored those touchdowns.  11/74 15/79 7/77 18/79 85/85  those were the drives he scored tds on and his contribution in yards next to how far the team drove. with the exception of the last drive, should he be made an allstar for being the one to get goal line carries?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 05:04:31 pm »

^^ I think so.

First of all, I reject the "except for the last drive", because it happened.

Even then, rushing for 18 yards in a drive, when you're a time splitting back isn't bad.

I drink your milkshake!
Tepop84
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 05:05:42 pm »

^^ I think so.

First of all, I reject the "except for the last drive", because it happened.

Even then, rushing for 18 yards in a drive, when you're a time splitting back isn't bad.

actually he rushed for -1 yards that drive and passed for 19. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »

Fine...either way.  He still contributed a lot of total yards to his team and scored 5 TDs.

I just think that to find negatives in that performance, you have to be looking pretty hard.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 07:00:34 pm »

I just think that to find negatives in that performance, you have to be looking pretty hard.

For anyone other than Tepop
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 10:10:06 am »

Conclusion:

Tepop is a Glass is half empty kind of guy. I agree with Maine on this. Allthough he dumps on the Team alot , he usually provides a reason. On some level you just need to respect that .

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray