Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:23:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas sounds off
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas sounds off  (Read 6867 times)
tubba marxxx
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:45:44 pm »

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12871/thomas-blasts-dolphins-over-taylor

needless to say, he was never a fan of parcells
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »

Uh, Oh!  Now Brian's gonna hate Zach too!  Let's hope Marino doesn't call the Tuna fat... Grin
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:23:15 pm by JVides » Logged

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:44:25 am »

I don't hate Zach.  I don't hate Jason Taylor.  I hate how everyone's saying the team "owed him more respect"

I could give a crap about what people say.  Big whoopidee doo!  I'm a fan of the Dolphins, not the Miami Jason Taylors
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 03:11:36 am »

In full disclosure, Thomas is also Jason Taylor's family.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 03:14:04 am »

If I didn't say it before, I'll say it again...JT is dead to me.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 08:14:05 am »

Thomas said he had only one request as he cleaned out his locker, to say goodbye to Dolfans with a news conference at the team's facility. The request was denied.

"You've got to respect players that's been good to the game," Thomas said. "I don't like the organization to look bad that way."

Add this to the list of dickish things this group has done. While I respect the Parcells no nonsense approach to football he goes overboard and cannot speparate himself from his ego at times. I think this is another one of those times. He should show some sort of respect to the people that "made" this organization what it is prior to him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:44 am »

Parcells handling of JT is just part of the Parcells-Belichick rivalery.  Belichick's handling of outgoing players he no longer wants from Bledsoe to Seymour is generally considered pretty dickish and childish.  In his continuing quest to match or outdo his former pupil he has managed to be even more dickish and childish that BB has been with outgoing players. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:35 am »

"Made" the organization what it was prior to him? A 1-15 joke of a franchise when he took over? No championships since 1973 when he took over? No playoff appearances in 7 seasons and no playoff wins in what, 11 years?

F Jason Taylor.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 01:24:21 pm »

And if we had not had Jason and Zach we wouldn't have the fan base we do today.  They carried this team's fan base through many disappointing seasons. It wasn't the logo that did it. It ws these two guys we could call bright spots.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 01:35:36 pm »

I agree with the team decision not to give him an official press conference.  He isn't on the team anymore, and you don't want him souring the team publicly.  It's just good business sense.  You don't let your employees who've been let go, then signed with your largest competitor, sound off to your current clients in any official capacity.  It just isn't done and would be negligence.

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 02:44:35 pm »

In full disclosure, Thomas is also Jason Taylor's family.

not anymore

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 02:52:14 pm »

^ Oh... did Taylor get divorced?  I didn't know that.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 03:05:36 pm »

I don't think Taylor is divorced. She had filed for one but withdrew it I believe.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 03:15:36 pm »

I agree with the team decision not to give him an official press conference.  He isn't on the team anymore, and you don't want him souring the team publicly.  It's just good business sense.  You don't let your employees who've been let go, then signed with your largest competitor, sound off to your current clients in any official capacity.
What are you talking about?

Zach Thomas is the one that they wouldn't allow to have a press conference.  None of that stuff applied to him.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 03:39:12 pm »

He is saying Zach didn't deserve one. I disagree and think people like Zach should be treated better than your average player. There is a point where they earn lifelong membership into the organization. Maybe not the team, but certainly into the Dolphin family.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray