Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:59:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  jeff ireland is a piece of shit.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: jeff ireland is a piece of shit.  (Read 53582 times)
Tepop84
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday042710

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5140313

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »

Yeah, seriously..."Hey, Kid, is your mom a hooker, or what?  Just askin' because it's irrelevant and all..."

I'm beginning to sour on Dolphins management, and it has nothing to do with on-the-field performance.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:33 pm »

I read that article this morning.  It has to make you wonder.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:12:18 pm »

Wow
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:19:35 pm »

Yeah that has to be one bonehead moment for the ages.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:58:53 pm »

I'm usually the first to defend Ireland...and still think he's the best GM we've had here in a long damned time, but that was definitely a stupid thing to ask a draft prospect.

The least he could have done was phrase it in a less offensive manner...like "So tell me, Dez, was your conception accompanied by a financial transaction? I mean, aside from the crack cocaine sold by your 15 year old mother to your biological father shortly before or after their 7 minute relationship."

I'll chalk it up as a pungent brainfart on Ireland's part, crack a window, and get on with things...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:56:34 pm »

We all say stupid things at some point in our lives

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:40 pm »

It was more than the one incident.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
ethurst22a
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:07 pm »

It was more than the one incident.

You're right STLFinFan. There have been other things done and said by Ireland that's just low class. I don't like the ex-wannabe midget kicker anyway. He's always looked like a jerk in my eyes. Bill Polian or Ron Wolf, he is not.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 11:50:25 pm »

Hmmm... doesn't this belong in the anti-fins section?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ethurst22a
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:51:45 pm »

I don't get it.

I'm aware of the Ted Ginn, Jr. and his family comment but this is stupid.

There are some things that are just TOTALLY off limits. Ireland crossed the line. I've never heard a GM say that in all of my life. No player should be subject to that kind of questioning. His mother is not the one who is running pass patterns. Even if it was common knowledge, there are just some things that you don't say.

Zach Thomas was right. He went to great lengths not to call Ireland out. The flap with Zach wasn't a Parcells thing, it was Ireland.

This is why I'm turning sour on the Dolphins. I've been a fan for 40+ years and I've watched the organization go from being the most classiest to the most classless. The Dolphins were the model flagship franchise for years and now this. I can't stand this kind of conduct, especially when in tarnishes the Dolphins.

I am trying so hard not to see this as a "racial" incident. If Bryant had not been black, would anyone else have been asked the same question? Well, to me whether the player is black or white, you don't do this kind of stuff.

Jeff Ireland, the midget ex-kicker, is the worst GM in football.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 12:03:09 am »

There have been other things done and said by Ireland that's just low class.

Please provide examples...and appropriate links.

I don't like the ex-wannabe midget kicker anyway. He's always looked like a jerk in my eyes.

This obvious predisposition is why I'd like to see those examples and links...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ethurst22a
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:32 am »

Please provide examples...and appropriate links.

This obvious predisposition is why I'd like to see those examples and links...

C'mon Stroke, it's been all in the news. The dealings and lies about ex-players, not telling the truth about players, the Matt Roth incident, the Jason Taylor incident and even though I didn't like Joey Porter that much, Porter did have some validity to some of his claims. It's even been said here on this forum. I don't have the time to go through the Sun-Sentinel and the Herald and every other newspaper and provide links.

The guy is TOTALLY classless but as long as he puts a winning team on the field, I guess he could say anything. He gets a free pass.

Whenever controversy swirls around a person, they are usually the cause of it. When was the last time you heard Bill Polian always having the spotlight on him for saying something or lying about a player? How about Pioli in Kansas City? What about Holmgren in Cleveland? Andy Reid? No one would be bringing this up as a problem if this guy was on the up and up and he's not. Granted, football is not a childhood fantasy anymore, it's a business but this clown crossed the line.

Yes, Parcells is the chief. He's trying to stay hands off which is respectable. Parcells wouldn't dare do that with a player and he's had some players with some crazy backgrounds.

You want an instance? He flat out lied about Gibril Wilson. Flat out lied about Ted Ginn, Jr (who we now find out was being shopped since 2008...that's great for a persons confidence).

The bottom line is that he's showing his true colors.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 12:22:20 am »

How about the way they treated 54 and 99 when their services were no longer required?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/04/thomas-dolphins-have-to-show-respect.html

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:23:46 am »

^^^You mean, like the NFL was a business?

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray