Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:50:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN Streak for the Ca$h
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: ESPN Streak for the Ca$h  (Read 70360 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:28:53 pm »

I know there's probably some folks on here who already participate in this contest on ESPN.com.  I thought maybe it might be fun to create a TDMMC group to make it a bit more interesting.

The goal is to pick as many correct picks in a row as possible.  Each day, ESPN will list 10-15 choices for your picking pleasure across many different sports and events of the day.  For example, some could be "Who will win this macthup?" and the choices will be Suns or Lakers.  Or, they sometimes put ones like this: "Will someone hit a home run in the 3rd inning of the Mets vs Phillies game tonight?" and the choices are yes or no.  You can only make one pick at a time, and you must wait for your current pick to be over before you can make your next pick.  For those of you who participated in the TDMMC Winter Oympics challenge, this is very similar to that.

I have been doing this for a few months and its extremely fun and keeps me entertained throughout the day.  It also makes me realize how terrible I am at picking sports.

The contest resets on the 1st of every month, so everyone starts at ZERO on Tuesday.  Therefore, now is a good time to get in!  If enough people are interested, I can create a TDMMC group, but you can start before the group is formed just by going to:

http://streak.espn.go.com/en/

Just sign in and start making picks.  Its that easy.  The person who picks the most consecutive correct picks by the end of the month wins $100,000.

Tonight's matchups have 3 MMA fights on there, which I'm staying far, far away from.  Except one is going off at a 98% shot so I might take a stab if it opens after my 7:00 baseball game pick is out.

Hope you guys join up, it will be fun to see who can do the best.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:31:18 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:36:19 pm »

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:30:45 pm »

i would participate, but i'm ineligible to win :-(
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 11:02:15 pm »

I created a group...

Group name: TDMMC
Password: marino

Join if you want.  Or don't.  I don't care.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:54:15 pm »

Yessir, been doing this one for the Uber since it originally came out and was called "Beat the Streak."  It is harder than ya might think...I haven't gotten a streak past 9 in close to two years of consistent play. The Streakmaster loves to hide the trap matchups in there...be careful of any picks that look "too easy to be true."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 06:22:58 pm »

Tonight's trap game is the 183-point WNBA over-under.  Let's see if we can't knock out 96% of the active streaks with this one... Wink
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 09:53:06 pm »

Nope...it just smelled like a trap.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:44:20 pm »

I got screwed by the rain delay in Atlanta.  I couldn't get my hands on any of the Rockies/Giants goodness.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:25:09 pm »

I don't understand how this game works.  I've been coming back and making one pick a day, but my record is still 0-0.  Now, I realize that when I make a pick for tomorrow, it erases my pick for today.  What the heck?

Can you pick ahead of time?
Can you have multiple picks queued up?
Can you have more than one pick per day?

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 03:40:46 pm »

You can only have 1 pick at a time.  You must wait until that pick is final before you can make the next pick.  You can pick as many as you want in one day, but of course you have to estimate the ending time and plan accordingly.  If you make a pick today, then make a pick on tomorrow, your today pick will be replaced (by virtue of "only one pick at a time").  I made the same mistake when I first joined also.

For example, lat night I picked a 7:10 start in Atlanta in hopes that it would be over in time to pick the 10:10 start in San Fran.  Well, there was rain in Atlanta and it didn't end until AFTER 10:10, at which time, the San Fran game was locked out because it already started.

(its a good thing, too, cause I woulda picked the Giants and I woulda lost)

Hope I answered your questions...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:47:50 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
bsfins
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:49:51 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up, that would explain why when I made a pick a day or so in advance it didn't take it.... Huh
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »

I picked the Dodgers to take out the D-Backs today and it should have been over in plenty of time to hit the 7:00 wave, but they're now in the bottom of the 13th still tied at zero.  Jeez!

Edit - now that the Dodgers have finished their marathon 4 1/2 hour baseball epic, I'm open for the next pick, which can be Stanley cup finals game 3, a line of Chris Carpenter (H vs K), and MLS game, or Rockies / Giants.  Or you can pick nothing and wait till tomorrow.  Or you can pick something from tomorrow's list today.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:32:21 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 09:37:39 pm »

I was in the same boat as Brian with the D-backs. I went with the Flyers for the later pick... they're up at the moment

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 10:54:28 pm »

Flyers into OT knotted at 3.  Nailbiter.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 08:51:30 am »

I've been playing this for a bit, but relied on English Ppremier matches to get a streak of 2 before proving that I am inept at predicting those scores too.

When it gets down to baseball and basketball I have no hope so I pick and choose carefully :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray