Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:26:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN Streak for the Ca$h
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: ESPN Streak for the Ca$h  (Read 71382 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 09:30:15 am »

^^ I try the soccer matches every now and then but I bet I know less about that than you do about baseball/basketball.

Join the group, if you can...
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 09:49:15 am »

I'm scared of this morning's Friendly.  I want to pick South Korea in the worst way, but Spain scares me.  I think I'm going to skip that game...

Any takers?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 12:44:48 pm »

I went with the under on the womens tennis to get my streak to 5... Once I get to 5, I tend to start getting conservative with my picks. My goal isn't the cash so much...I just want to land a streak of 10 so I can notch a 99%+ for the game on this year's fantasy ranking.

I went with Texas tonight to try stretching it to 6... I have a decent level of confidence that they should beat the ChiSox.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »

Went for South Korea, it's a friendly after all....and I'll probably take Germany later too.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 01:18:49 pm »

Interesting side note about the streak game... When I got my best streak to date...eight, I got it by going against the popular pick. In 6 of the 8 picks during that streak, I had the side of the pick with 15% or less.

modified to add:  Of my current 5-streak, 3 of the picks have been 20% or less options.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:20:44 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 02:36:47 am »

Dropped the Texas pick at the last minute...gut felt funky about it, so switched to the Lakers winning margin. Figured they'd kick the Celtics butts well enough at home. Lucky call, and the streak goes to 6. Looking at the Rays over the Rangers Friday night to try for seven.

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 10:56:42 am »

I've gone for less than 28 games in the Nadal vs Meltzer match, I'm banking on stright sets and one of them being a rout.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 12:33:17 pm »

^^^ I went with the "28 games or fewer" pick this morning as well.

Nadal is looking good so far... 6-2, 6-3 in the first two sets means that as long as Nadal wins the third set without it going extra (up 3-1 currently), we should be good to go.

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 12:36:10 pm »

^^^

I'm sitting watching it with a beer in my hand having finished work for the day, and therefore the week Smiley
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 01:07:15 pm »

That was not a happy ending to that match...I thought for sure that the 28 game or less pick was safe.

Time to start a new streak...going with 3 goals or more in the Kiwi-Slovenia friendly.

~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 03:09:29 pm »

Started off with 5 straight and went with the Sox for #6 and now I'm in a tailspin to recover.  I swore I went with the over on the Nadal match but alas, it appears not.

Next up, Yanks / Jays
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 03:34:07 pm »

I suck at this.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 03:51:00 pm »

^^^ harder than it seems, huh?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 04:31:36 pm »

Not really hard, but I don't follow enough sports to intelligently make choices.  Then, the ones I do follow, I just pick the teams I like.

I do like how it's not just picking winners, but it's picking number of rebounds vs. winning margin, or something equally weird.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 04:40:49 pm »

Not really hard, but I don't follow enough sports to intelligently make choices. 

It is hard...at least to do well at.

I had to dig it up because it's from an email that's over a year old, but the current #1 ranked fantasy player on ESPN made this comment about the game:

"I almost dont want to play the Streak any more. Im tired of feeling stupid."

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray