Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN Streak for the Ca$h
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: ESPN Streak for the Ca$h  (Read 70672 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 04:48:54 pm »

^ I don't consider that difficultly, though.

There seems to be a randomness to it.  ...same with the Olympic pick'em.  It's "hard" in the same sense that flipping a coin and coming up heads a bunch of times is hard.  Yes, it's rare, but I don't think that it's very skill-based.

I drink your milkshake!
Tepop84
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:36 pm »

^ I don't consider that difficultly, though.

There seems to be a randomness to it.  ...same with the Olympic pick'em.  It's "hard" in the same sense that flipping a coin and coming up heads a bunch of times is hard.  Yes, it's rare, but I don't think that it's very skill-based.

Pretty much, it is like sportsbetting in vegas.  The best of the best can get maybe a 1-2% advantage. Which means winning no more than 60% of their bets.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 05:06:37 pm »

There seems to be a randomness to it.  ...same with the Olympic pick'em.  It's "hard" in the same sense that flipping a coin and coming up heads a bunch of times is hard.

I think the key to this game is spotting the individual elements on each side of the bet that aren't readily noticeable by the surface stats but could have a pronounced effect on the outcome. I think the "sense of randomness" you feel could be a result of not taking the time to research the pick and see those elements. According to the streakmaster when the game first started, each prop bet is specifically designed to give roughly a 50/50 shot to either side of the bet. When you see one that looks really lopsided...it probably isn't.

Pretty much, it is like sportsbetting in vegas.  The best of the best can get maybe a 1-2% advantage. Which means winning no more than 60% of their bets.

...and if you can pick right on between 20-25 straight prop bets, you've got a legit shot at $100,000.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 05:19:13 pm »

Follow up post... Going with an "unpopular" pick to get back to W2, taking the Jays (9%) at home over the Yankees (91%). Burnett's home/road ERA splits are pretty clear (2.27 home, 4.29 road), and while Cecil's home numbers look bad, they're overinflated by one atrocious 2 inning, 8 run atrocity when he was suffering from the flu bug. Take that out, and his other two home starts have been very good.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2010, 06:37:30 pm »

^^ I took the Jays too, based on Cecil's stats and matchups.  For the record, I also picked up Cecil for a spot-start against you in fantasy tonight.

I think this is the little "elements" you're discussing.  If the Mariners are playing against the Yankees, it seems like a no brainer.  But it could be Seattle's ace vs the Yankees' fifth starter, and Seattle pulls it out.  These are the things you gotta keep an eye out for.
bsfins
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2010, 07:04:17 pm »

Now I'm nervous, The game Stroke had a bad feeling about caught my happy ass in it's sling,We're all liking the Jays over the Yankees.......I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who took The over on Phil.....I could care less about the Cash part, I do like playing and competing in the group though.... Grin
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 07:33:54 pm »

I have a wonderful pattern going. win two, lose 4, win two lose ____ I can't get past 2. I'm at 1 right now so lets see if the Blackhawks game goes the right way

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2010, 08:04:34 pm »

Jays up 1-0 in the 4th!  Woo!
bsfins
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2010, 10:02:15 pm »

^^^Yeah even when I was watching and saw it was 6-1, I knew Toronto has Kevin Gregg,and if he gets anywhere near it, it can be easily blown..... Cheesy Thankfully it ended just intime for me to go 2-1 (I have a bad feeling about the Angels in Seattle) but what the hey....

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2010, 11:12:55 pm »

I snuck in the Angels for the nightcap pick, just to try to get a running start on the weekend...and since this IS the Streak, I suppose that would be a naked running start.

~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 01:16:36 am »

Woohoo 3 wins today,I'll probably take a couple of sucker bets tomorrow,get a little luck.... Cheesy
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 06:20:33 pm »

Anyone else streaking the Belmont tonight? 
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 06:43:38 pm »

Crap, the Belmont?  what was I thinking?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 10:13:47 pm »

Nah...skipped the ponies, as I was too busy gacking a chicken bone on the team sports side of things. L-3 and counting...maybe some chick hoops tonight will help cheer up the streak.

~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 10:27:11 pm »

I'm in for chick hoops as well.  Seems like a slam dunk. 

pun intended.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray