Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:37:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN Streak for the Ca$h
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: ESPN Streak for the Ca$h  (Read 71426 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2010, 05:12:58 pm »

I think Rory McIlroy is a lock for the afternoon session, but I'm chasing the Mets/Padres game instead.

If it helps, you would've lost on McIlroy as well. I had a bad feeling about it and decided to just stay put.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »

glad i woulda lost both...  Now I don't feel bad about wasting my pick on Johan Santana and the "unbeatable at home" Mets.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

That's what you get for picking against the mighty-mighty Padres!! Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »

eff'n Mexico....
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2010, 01:25:43 pm »

Why on earth would you pick Mexico?  First game of the world cup, in the teams home country, the crowd is amped up for home field advantage, no doubt.  That's big in soccer.  Plus they had the "win or draw" pick
bsfins
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2010, 01:37:43 pm »

Because some of us don't know Jack Didliy squat about Soccer!  Cheesy
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »

Because some of us don't know Jack Didliy squat about Soccer!  Cheesy
I don't know jack about soccer either but I seem to be really good at picking it this month.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2010, 07:01:56 pm »

I don't know jack about soccer either but I seem to be really good at picking it this month.
As soon as I say that, France plays Uruguay to a draw.  WTF?  URUGUAY?  Do people actually live there?
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2010, 06:00:19 am »

As soon as I say that, France plays Uruguay to a draw.  WTF?  URUGUAY?  Do people actually live there?

Uruguay has some real quality players like Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez. And South American teams always seem to be solid. Considering how France squeaked into the World Cup this time, this was one match I was staying very far away from.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010, 04:23:48 pm »

oooooh, after a week on holiday, I'm back with Germany >=2 than Australia....boom Smiley
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2010, 04:28:09 pm »

^^ I was scared of that one so I picked the Reds over Royals.  Effin Reds.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:35 am »

I'm regretting my decision to take Cameroon over Japan. It's not the way the game is going (I haven't been watching, but it's 0-0). Rather, I just noticed that in their 3 most recent matchups, Japan have won 2-0 twice and drawn 0-0 once. That's what I get for picking without doing ANY research. I just figured Japan sucked at soccer and I seem to recall Cameroon as being pretty good... oh, well, it still could go my way...

EDIT: And just as I write that, Japan scores to go up 1-0. Yeah, this is going to suck. At least I'm not going down alone! Thanks guys Wink
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:43:13 am by fyo » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 10:58:54 am »

fyo - that was exactly my reasoning.  Japan sucks and Cameroon was good in a FIFA video game I played years ago. 

Oh well...  I'm going to try to make a pick in every matchup today.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 11:15:56 am »

Oh well...  I'm going to try to make a pick in every matchup today.

I know a couple of people who actively try to pick as many matchups each day as possible, to shoot for the $2,500 prize for most correct selections overall for that month. I wish I could be that dedicated to the streak, but I tried it one month and realized you have to plan around the streak to do that.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 11:20:37 am »

I try to make as many picks per day as I can.  I usually determine which games to pick based on the time schedule.  I pick golf, tennis, cricket, etc, just so I can have something to pick in the morning.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray