Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:44:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  ESPN Streak for the Ca$h
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: ESPN Streak for the Ca$h  (Read 71465 times)
SportsChick
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2010, 01:11:38 pm »

I am rocking my losing streak

I'm the girl that makes men jealous of my husband

I hate Red Sox and Patriots bandwagon fans. They give the rest of us a bad name
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2010, 05:50:25 am »

Pick of the day if any of you are awake for it.....

Cavendish vs Any other Cyclist

He's lost his key leadout man, and this is the last stage before 5 days in the mountains, none of the main GC contendors will push the peloton along, and this stage traditionally get won by a breakaway.

If it comes to a sprint, I still think Cav will win it, but I'm betting against a sprint finish despite it being a fairly flat stage.

p.s. All predicitons I make are believed at your own risk ;-)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2010, 10:30:48 am »

No good picks today.  2 crappy soccer matches with teams I never heard of and nothing else until 7:00. 

What a crappy day for streaking.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2010, 11:02:36 am »

No good picks today.  2 crappy soccer matches with teams I never heard of and nothing else until 7:00. 

What a crappy day for streaking.

Unless you're on a losing streak. In that case, there's no reason not to go nuts. Without knowing any of the teams, I picked the consensus favorite in the early match. If I have time, I'll do the same for the second. Tiraspol? Where the heck is that? Tirana... that's Turkey, right? (No, Google says Albania...)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2010, 11:32:24 am »

Yeah, you're right - losing streak = picking willy-nilly.  Normally, I'd do that no matter what.  But I'm on a 3-game winner and I want a star before the month is out, so I'm being a bit more choosey.  Good luck with Tiraspol! Wink
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2010, 03:58:55 pm »

Against my better judgment, I just couldn't sit still.  I picked Dinamo in the 2:15 game, based on the fact that they won against this same team 5-1 a week ago.

What a mistake.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2010, 05:17:12 pm »

Against my better judgment, I just couldn't sit still.  I picked Dinamo in the 2:15 game, based on the fact that they won against this same team 5-1 a week ago.

What a mistake.

I would've joined you, had I only been near a computer...

As is, I'll have to try and find a decent baseball matchup tonight :/
bsfins
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2010, 12:26:54 am »

Woohoo!,I got my Star, I got my Star! Woohooo! After Making 2 losses away from the top of the Losing streak board, I won 4 in a row,lost the 5th, then finally got my first 5 game winning streak...Woohooo!

Thank you...I'll shut up now...We now return you to your regularly scheduled program,already in progress.....
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2010, 05:35:50 pm »

I wrecked my streak by going with a random popular game instead of sticking with "against the Razorbacks". With Team USA getting stomped by Team Canada in slow pitch, my losing streak is picking up speed.

What's the outlook tonight -- will the Razorbacks lose again?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2010, 11:06:34 am »

Looking for "any other rider" to win stage 20 of the TDF to get the streak to 6.

...looks good so far anyway.

</end knocking on wood>

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2010, 11:57:21 am »

Wow...Cavendish wasn't even showing in the lead group or the chase group with 10 km left in the stage, but the dude won it anyway.

Back to the streak drawing board...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2010, 12:28:23 pm »

Stroke, I'm gutted, I *knew* Cav would win, he's just too damn good, but wasn't at a PC this morning to make the pick :-)

The cycling one close too early in the morning ;-) (yes I am once again blaming my time zone for a poor showing!)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2010, 01:12:38 pm »

(yes I am once again blaming my time zone for a poor showing!)

That makes sense for a night game on the west coast of the usa.  France is only an hour earlier than you. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2010, 06:24:41 pm »

That makes sense for a night game on the west coast of the usa.  France is only an hour earlier than you. 

Actually France +1 to us, but you need to factor in that they appear in the evening for the next day to you guys, quite often when I go to sleep for the night the full selection isn't availible (there are currently only 5 for tomorrow and they are all baseball).

Admittedly, the cycling today was doable, I just never switched my PC on (I was watching the Formula 1!)
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:33 pm »

ESPN set my last pick as "incorrect", despite it being correct. Haven't seen that before...

"You selected SV Salzburg: Win or Draw"

And the score given in the pick listed below is "1-1" (accurate).

*shrug*
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray