Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:54:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Tickets: Bad Timing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Tickets: Bad Timing  (Read 2232 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: July 10, 2010, 03:49:09 am »

I had Dolphins tickets for a while -- something like 6 or 7 years, but when they raised prices on my seats after a bad year, essentially pushing me out of my good seats into crappy ones, I decided to protest with my wallet and not renew.

I was on the fence anyway, because it's hard to get to the stadium 10 times a year, it takes all day, it's hot as balls, and the game experience at home is different (but sometimes equally good).  Besides, I usually end up going to several games anyway with individual tickets, or someone will take me or whatever.

ANYWAY, the ticket office has all of my info and calls me every once in a while to see if I have any plans to start-up again.  This year, they called me just hours before the Lebron James announcement.  I found it kind of strange that they'd be making a season ticket push on the one day that all of S. Florida was tuned in to a team competing for their dollars.  ...weird timing.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:55:18 pm »

^^^ i seriously doubt the two are related in any way.

Either they do it in-house, in which case the folks just rotate thru the list until they get to the end and call roughly the same number of people each and every day.

Or they outsource it in which case they either to do it the same way (rotate) or if a big one or two day push was scheduled, it was scheduled months ago.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »

I don't think they're related.  I just think it's an unfortunate coincidence.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray