Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:18:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Why, Oh Why? (Jeff Fisher retained by Titans)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why, Oh Why? (Jeff Fisher retained by Titans)  (Read 3209 times)
norad34

« on: January 07, 2011, 07:53:21 pm »

Lost in the coaching news (basically dominated by the Dolphins strange ways of doing things), Jeff Fisher was kept as the Titans head coach.

Why?

Fisher is a great personality but an average coach. He has always had a three yards and a cloud of dust mentality which has wore down his running backs (see Eddie George, Chris Brown) and his idea of stretching the field is a 5 yard out to a tight end.

Sure, Vince Young needed to go but so does Fisher.

The Titans should have cleaned house. Fisher has received so much mileage from helping the franchise transition from Houston to Tennessee but that seems like centuries ago.

The Titans need a new quarterback and new head coach. Jeff Fisher, like Vince Young, isn't the answer anymore.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:13:46 pm by Dave Gray » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:57:31 pm »

I still like Fisher.  So long as he still has the drive, I think he's a good coach.  When you invest a lot in a guy like Young and it doesn't work out for you, it's hard to overcome that.  It's not like he's a laughingstock or anything like that. The team is middle of the road, even after a huge bust at the biggest position on the field.  They'll rebound, I bet.

I drink your milkshake!
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:32 pm »

If Fisher was released, I would have been in favor of having him take over the Dolphins.  He's still young and hungry, and he is no-nonsense coach that has built and re-built solid teams.  I think he's a lot like Cower, and I believe he will eventually win it all.  My only problem with Fisher is that I think he encourages "dirty" play, and I would find it hard to be a fan of a team with players like Finnegan.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:25 am »

I think this thread should be more about "why oh why did the Bengals keep Marvin Lewis?" than about Jeff Fisher.

If you think keeping Fisher and Sparano were bad choices, what the hell were the Bengals thinking?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:23:50 am »

The Bengals didn't really "keep" Marvin Lewis.

Marvin Lewis threatened to take his 4-12 talents elsewhere if the Bengals organization didn't show some commitment to winning.  CIN then jumped through the hoops to please him, and he permitted them to continue employing him.

When a coach that has had two 4-win seasons in the last three successfully holds your ownership hostage, THAT is something to be ashamed of.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:19:45 am »

Fisher heads up the competition committee. He would have had a new job within 5 minutes.

He is a powerful guy to have on your sideline
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray