Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:47:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TDMMC FFL 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC FFL 2010  (Read 79459 times)
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #270 on: December 17, 2010, 05:18:38 am »

I hate this bit, I can see Rivers has already put up 22 points, now I start to second guess my lineup :-)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2010, 05:56:03 pm »

My season's over, thanks mainly to Ray Rice.

I always do seem to run into people having these monster weeks.

See you guys next year.   

Hopefully, I'll have some better luck.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »

I started to pick up some things this year on how to arrange your roster so you have the best chance of winning.

This offseason, if I have time, I gotta write them all down.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #273 on: December 19, 2010, 08:44:51 pm »

I'm nervous.  UK still has Forte left.  25 points is a large hurdle to jump for him to catch up, but isn't impossible.  Forte has scored 30 points twice this season.  Come on MIN defense! Cheesy
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »

Two guys injured and out of their games without scoring a point.  I hate it when that happens.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2010, 11:27:25 pm »

Two guys injured and out of their games without scoring a point.  I hate it when that happens.

u still have your defense tomorrow, all u need is 9 points

Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

« Reply #276 on: December 20, 2010, 02:53:25 am »

I'm nervous.  UK still has Forte left.  25 points is a large hurdle to jump for him to catch up, but isn't impossible.  Forte has scored 30 points twice this season.  Come on MIN defense! Cheesy

It is a very large hurdle, however, here are the reason I have hope:

1. MIN are starting a rookie QB, which means mistakes and a lot of T.O.P for CHI
2. The game is being played outside in the cold, MIN are a dome team, CHI....well, you know.
3. considering the above two points, CHI should take a lead and look to run some clock

On the negative side, Forte loses goal line carries to Taylor recently and also he tend to score a large chunk of points on big pass plays....

Put it this way, when I wake up tomorrow morning my phone will be stright on to check out the scores, but I think it's a little too much to overcome.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2010, 04:34:22 pm »

Hey, I don't think it'll make a difference, but just in case, keep an eye out on Neil Rackers.  His scoring hasn't been updated yet.   

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2010, 04:41:45 pm »

u still have your defense tomorrow, all u need is 9 points

True.  Dunno how.  I have Chicago defense on my other team and I am only 1 point back.  If Chicago scores at least 2 points I will be happy because that team will be in the Super Bowl.  We've had some battles this season, Pats.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pats2006
Uber Member

XxDevilDog
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2010, 07:38:56 pm »

Yea, bad coaching this year for me. There is always next year and fantasy baseball is 3 months away lol

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2010, 12:30:06 am »

Good game UK...you had me worried there for a while...#1 Seed vs. #2 Seed in the Superbowl...lets do this thing.
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:05 am »

Good game UK...you had me worried there for a while...#1 Seed vs. #2 Seed in the Superbowl...lets do this thing.

You too, good luck in the final....
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2011, 01:52:35 am »

Well, tommorow will decide it all:

Who will take home the title?

It's been a great year.  I look forward to many more:

Couple of thoughts

1) The switch in format to espn was a good move.  I like that the fantasy season lasts 17 weeks, just like the real football season.

2) Every year I've been in it, a different person has won.  I'm interested to know the history of TDMMC fantasy.  How many years has it lasted?  Who has won each year?  Maybe we could add to feature to the site to mark each champion.   

Pats2006
Uber Member

XxDevilDog
« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2011, 11:40:02 am »

2) Every year I've been in it, a different person has won.  I'm interested to know the history of TDMMC fantasy.  How many years has it lasted?  Who has won each year?  Maybe we could add to feature to the site to mark each champion.   

Thats a good idea. I still wouldnt mind playing for a tdmmc tshirt of something?? even if we all put in a few $$ to pay for the shirt?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #284 on: January 02, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »

Thats a good idea. I still wouldnt mind playing for a tdmmc tshirt of something?? even if we all put in a few $$ to pay for the shirt?

Prior to next season starting, you should present that idea to the person who will be setting up the league. As far as history goes, the ESPN LM function allows for history-keeping for all seasons on ESPN. This is TDMMC's first season, so no history there yet. Here is what I can dig up from the Yahoo seasons:

2009: 1st: Brady Bunch  2nd: alk3hol  3rd: Return to Glory
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2009/174666

2008: 1st: LasVegas  2nd: Stinkfish  3rd: Freakfest
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2008/111782

2007: 1st: Freakfest  2nd: Lil_B  3rd: Lone Wolf
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2007/392201

2006: 1st: Lil_B  2nd: Buc Stops Here  3rd: MUC
http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nfl/2006/99280

TDMMC FFL goes back to 2004, but those are the only league pages I see archived from my Yahoo player account.  On the current ESPN TDMMC FFL league page, you'll see a link that says "History." As the league grows its history on ESPN, you'll be able to click on that link and get to "all" the info from previous seasons. Unlike Yahoo, who only gives you a synopsis page for league history, ESPN saves everything...all old boxscores, draft recaps, message board posts...even past seasons' transaction logs.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray