Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:38:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Chad Henne
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Chad Henne  (Read 29085 times)
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:33 am »

Henne led the Dolphins to their first opening day win since 2005.  It was also the first time Miami won their first ROAD game of a season since 2002.   Wink

Henne is doing fine!

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 09:55:33 am »

buffalo did have 28 INTs last year, which topped the NFL .. henne threw 0 .. which worked out pretty well for the dolphins

like it or not .. henne is 8-6 as a starting QB which is ok considering NFL 1st year starterting QBs usually don't have winning records.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:42 am »

^^ Just checking but this is Henne's 3rd season.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 10:46:21 am »

yes, but he didn't play the 1st year, so it couldn't have been his 1st year starting .. he went 7-6 in his first year starting .. which only happened after pennington lost 3 straight .. and he's 1-0 this year .. which is 8-6 in his first 14 games as a starter ..

my math works out
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 11:07:04 am »

^^^ first year non-rookie starting QB seem to fair a lot better than starting rookie QBs

first year non-rookie starting  include Brady, Cassel Favre, Rivers -- all had winning seasons there first year.  The Manning brothers, Stafford, Sanchez started as rookies.  The metric for Henne is not rookies but 1st year starters that weren't rookies. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 11:22:00 am »

Henne had 2 chances at clear long-balls.  2 duds.  One overthrow and one underthrow.  The second should've been caught.
That's why we need to do it more.  Both SHOULD have been big plays.  Both COULD have been big plays.  The more we do it, the better we will get at it and the DB's will HAVE to respect it.  You keep running it till they STOP it, not because your QB misses the throw.

Henne seems afraid to make a mistake and I think that's because they are overcoaching ball security.  Ball security is great, but when you have a big target like Marshall one on one, take the shot.  Let Marshall make a play on the ball.  Hit a couple of those and the DB's will back off and that will make the underneath stuff to Bess and the RB's even more effective.  Start playing to win rather than not to lose.  Get a little swagger going.  This is what ALL great teams do.  It's what we need to start doing if we ever want to reach that next echelon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:31:59 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:26 am »

^^^ first year non-rookie starting QB seem to fair a lot better than starting rookie QBs

first year non-rookie starting  include Brady, Cassel Favre, Rivers -- all had winning seasons there first year.  The Manning brothers, Stafford, Sanchez started as rookies.  The metric for Henne is not rookies but 1st year starters that weren't rookies. 

even so .. he had a winning record that 1st year
Tepop84
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 01:09:00 pm »

even so .. he had a winning record that 1st year
Using qb record is pretty stupid considering how much of a team game football is.  Do you think henne deserved a win in the second jets game where he led the offense to 1 td, and special teams/defense scored 3?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 01:24:37 pm »

Tepop, I am curious....are you aware the Dolphins won and are in first place in the AFCE? (fish are ahead of NE on the division tie breakers)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 01:27:21 pm »

Using qb record is pretty stupid considering how much of a team game football is.  Do you think henne deserved a win in the second jets game where he led the offense to 1 td, and special teams/defense scored 3?

Has there ever been a QB who defeated the opposing team all by himself?  I was pretty much under the assumption that it's always a team vs team sort of thing.

Also... Is there any set statistical criteria you're using to determine whether or not a QB deserves a win? Is it 2 TD passes? 3?  - 250 yards? 300?  - One turnover or less?  Your perpetual angst over Henne might be a little more bearable if the rest of us only understood the grading system you're using, because from the outside, it sure does look fairly random.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Landshark
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 02:19:00 pm »

The one long pass Marshall dropped.  The second one it looked like the timing was off and he overthrew him.  He also missed a wide open Brian Hartline on a deep post earlier in the game. 

However, Buffalo's secondary is considered one of the best in football, and yeah the offense stalled a bit in the third quarter, but he also didn't throw any interceptions, he has command of the offense, and he was accurate on most of his passes including a couple shorter ones to Bess and Marshall where he had a narrow window to throw it in. 

Besides, would you rather have AJFEELEYDAUNTECULPEPPERJOEYHA RRINGTONCLEOLEMMONTRENTGREEN? 

Lemme help you out there for a second:

JAYFIEDLERDAMONHUARDRAYLUCASB RIANGRIESEAJFEELEYDAUNTECULPE PPERJOEYHARRINGTONCLEOLEMMONT RENTGREENJOHNBECK
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 04:14:00 pm »

Lemme help you out there for a second:

JAYFIEDLERDAMONHUARDRAYLUCASB RIANGRIESEAJFEELEYDAUNTECULPE PPERJOEYHARRINGTONCLEOLEMMONT RENTGREENJOHNBECK

You both forget one....
JAYFIEDLERDAMONHUARDRAYLUCASB RIANGRIESEAJFEELEYGUSFREROTTE DAUNTECULPEPPERJOEYHARRINGTON CLEOLEMMONTRENTGREENJOHNBECK

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 04:25:54 pm »

ugh... so did you....

JAYFIEDLERDAMONHUARDRAYLUCASB RIANGRIESEAJFEELEYSAGEROSENFE LSGUSFREROTTEDAUNTECULPEPPERJ OEYHARRINGTONCLEOLEMMONTRENTG REENJOHNBECK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 04:53:35 pm »

ugh... so did you....

JAYFIEDLERDAMONHUARDRAYLUCASB RIANGRIESEAJFEELEYSAGEROSENFE LSGUSFREROTTEDAUNTECULPEPPERJ OEYHARRINGTONCLEOLEMMONTRENTG REENJOHNBECK
So you think it would be funny if they took Henne's jersey and replaced the name on the back with

FIEDLERHUARDLUCASGRIESEFEELEY ROSENFELSFREROTTECULPEPPERHAR RINGTONLEMMONGREENBECKHENNE like in one big spiral on his back?  That would be freaking hilarious.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 05:21:41 pm »

Using qb record is pretty stupid considering how much of a team game football is.
Somehow, I doubt you've mentioned this point when referring to MIA losses.  Last year, when it was the defense giving the opponents huge leads and MIA was forced into obvious pass-only mode for most of the second half, I don't remember you standing up and defending Henne.

Do you think henne deserved a win in the second jets game where he led the offense to 1 td, and special teams/defense scored 3?
Did you think Henne deserved a loss when the defense spotted HOU 27 points before halftime and Henne had to play one-dimensional pass-only football to bring MIA back?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray