Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:59:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  No Wildcat since the Pats' game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: No Wildcat since the Pats' game  (Read 4539 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »

I'm going to play the MikeO card here and point out that Grove was cut from the 5-11 Raiders, therefore he sucks.

he wasn't cut he was a FREE AGENT we signed!!!!!

Get the facts straight!

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/03/02/c-jake-grove-headed-to-dolphins/
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »

Some mighty fast fingers on your part.  I already corrected my post before you posted.

If the 5-11 Raiders were willing to let him go, why should we want him?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 06:05:50 pm »

Some mighty fast fingers on your part.  I already corrected my post before you posted.

If the 5-11 Raiders were willing to let him go, why should we want him?

They couldn't pay him. This thing called the SALARY CAP prevented them from matching our insane overprice contract we offered him. When you pick in the Top 5 or Top 10 every year,  it prevents you from signing or keeping your own good free agents!!!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 07:59:37 pm »

And what part of that prevented them from resigning him before he became a free agent, when they could have gotten him on the cheap?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 08:53:40 pm »

And what part of that prevented them from resigning him before he became a free agent, when they could have gotten him on the cheap?

Huh How could they have gotten him on the cheap when Grove and his agent knew on the open market a team would break the bank for him. And many teams tried and Miami was the highest bidder.

Why would a player sign for less money to stay somewhere instead of testing the open market and getting a huge deal.

Do you know how Free Agency actually works?Huh
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 12:15:55 am »

Oh, Jesus.  This thread is tiresome.

I'm not happy the team unveiled the wildcat again, which ran the same 3 usual plays that were easily stopped.  Until this team gets better coaching or talent, I would rather it not be utilized.  It is a guaranteed stop each time.  It's a bad sign that if you gain 2 yards on a play, you're improving its yardage average.  And to make matters worse, it killed the Dolphins momentum in the 4th quarter deep in Cincy territory.  The team was lucky to survive its use today.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 12:27:10 am »

Why would a player sign for less money to stay somewhere instead of testing the open market and getting a huge deal.

Do you know how Free Agency actually works?Huh
Great question.  You are aware that players are signed before their contracts are up all the time, right?

If OAK, one of the worst teams in the league, was willing to risk losing Grove to free agency (and, in fact, was willing to TRADE for the guy Grove replaced!), doesn't that prove that he sucks by your logic?

I say "your logic" because your arguments seem to be rarely based on play on the field, and instead based on things like "player A has been on the team for years!" and "player C is second string behind player B!"

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 12:30:09 am »

MikeO is Tepop 2.0....same negative drivel, with an improved rhetoric.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 07:40:50 am »

MikeO is Tepop 2.0....same negative drivel, with an improved rhetoric.

negative drivel.....I put up a thread yesterday praising Henne to no end. Yeah I'm real negative!  Roll Eyes
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 08:58:11 am »

negative drivel.....I put up a thread yesterday praising Henne to no end. Yeah I'm real negative!  Roll Eyes
I saw that and I comend you for it.  It was a good post that made a lot of sense, but that's one positive post compared to a boat load of negative posts.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 09:01:43 am »

I think someone might have already mentioned it but I thought it was funny that we just ran 2 back-to-back WildCat plays yesterday, which both got stuffed and left everyone wondering why the hell they called such stupid plays.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »

I saw that and I comend you for it.  It was a good post that made a lot of sense, but that's one positive post compared to a boat load of negative posts.

Well there is some good and some bad. Not allowed to talk about both  Roll Eyes

And you didn't comend me for it liar beacuse the thread has ZERO replies! lol lol
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray