Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:29:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Chad Henne
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Chad Henne  (Read 3219 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: October 31, 2010, 05:14:00 pm »

This kid gets better and better each week. Ok, so he had a bad INT today. Nobody expects him to be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but if he is only making 1 mistake a week I will live with that. He is forcing fewer passes, he has learned to just throw the ball away when needed, he doesn't force feed Marshall and spreads the ball around.

Henne is growing into a very solid NFL QB. He may never be a Top 3 or Top 5 guy in the league, but he is a guy who can make plays with his arm and won't lose you games. Put the right people around him and in time he will be a guy who can lead a team to a Super Bowl.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 07:23:50 pm »

I have been critical of Henne early this season but I have to say that I definitely see improvement.  Primarily my concern has been in the areas of not going through reads, locking onto receivers and leaving better yardage on the field.  He still does these things more than I would like, but he is now showing consistant improvement from game to game to the point that I am starting to feel that we may really have something in this guy.  His rate of progression over the last 3 games has been impressive.

I wish he could threaten just a little more with his legs at times; I think it would help in the red zone.  But once he and Marshall start to get on the same page inside the 20, we could really be looking at some much more decisive wins.  Our run game sure as hell isn't helping right now, so kudos for doing his thing while handcuffed.

Honestly, I could see us going on a bit of a run to finish this season and if we stay healthy we may be legit for some playoffs.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:36 pm »

Miami has a WEAK December schedule, they better go on a run beating up on the nobodies of the NFL (Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland) all at home
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:34 pm »

I wouldn't sleep on Detroit.  They are an explosive team.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 02:39:39 am »

I am not convinced yet, but I do see improvement. I think we would see a lot more improvement if our running game wasn't so bad.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:31:02 am »

They haven't won a road game in 4 years or something.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 08:05:37 am »

People's opinion of Henne changes from series to series. I can't wait to see how he handles Ed Reed and Ray Lewis but I won't deem him a failure if he has a bad game. Many great QBs have had bad games against them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 10:23:50 am »

But they're still not Cincy, Green Bay or Minnesota.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:53 am »

Henne has developed into a solid starting QB, and he's still new enough to the job that he has a little upside left to reach. I still think he's going to turn into a very good QB.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 05:45:12 pm »

People's opinion of Henne changes from series to series. I can't wait to see how he handles Ed Reed and Ray Lewis but I won't deem him a failure if he has a bad game. Many great QBs have had bad games against them.

Those 2 old washed up players, Baltimore's defenses stinks this year in reality. People still buy into the hype though without actually watching them play. Moving the ball against them shouldn't be an issue
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 06:06:21 pm »

Those 2 old washed up players, Baltimore's defenses stinks this year in reality. People still buy into the hype though without actually watching them play. Moving the ball against them shouldn't be an issue

ray lewis washed up?  have you actually SEEN him play at all this year?  dude's still a beast.

and ed reed is a future HOF who has fresh legs having missed the first half of the season - he always owns the fins.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »

ray lewis washed up?  have you actually SEEN him play at all this year?  dude's still a beast.

and ed reed is a future HOF who has fresh legs having missed the first half of the season - he always owns the fins.

nobody said they weren't both hall of famers. Stop changing the debate.

But this year both have lost a step, that defense isn't carried by either player anymore. They aren't the same dominate defense. Hell the BUFFALO BILLS went up and down the field on them with ease in their own house. Nuff said! Pittsburgh and a 3rd string QB went up and down the field on them. Their defense isn't that good anymore. Very middle of the pack and mediocre
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 08:06:10 pm »

I think Baltimore's D is a very good matchup for us. The main requirement is that we don't try pounding the rock up the middle all day. Baltimore are weaker to the sides.

As for their pass D, MikeO has a point, although he exaggerates to the point of trolling, as seems increasingly to be the case.

The one player that really scares me on that team is Haloti Ngata (DE). Might just be the best defensive end in the league right now and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how Jake Long can handle him.

Just keep those passes away from Ed Reed, please! Wink
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:25 pm »

how is it trolling? Presenting an opinion and backing it up with facts.

My god, you people want everyone to agree wtih everyone and nobody ever to have an opinion (a correct one too) that may differ
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »

Ray Lewis has been washed up for years. The guy arrives to the pile a second too late, jumps on top, and then dances around as if he accomplished anything meaningful.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray