Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:21:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans  (Read 41049 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2010, 01:23:33 pm »

Maine, no need to sugar coat it... say what you really feel.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2010, 02:50:47 pm »

^^Next time I won't bite my tongue.

Smiley

Regards,
NegativeMaineDolFan

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2010, 05:28:46 pm »

Firstly, this is the first time I have commented on any of your posts.  Secondly, because of people like you, I find that I don't post in the Dolphins formum much at all.  Thirdly, you saying this...

...is like a severely obese man with a Big Mac in his hand telling a marathon runner that he needs to lose weight.

Me = objective, reasonable, positive.
You = irrational, overreacting, negative.

If Miami goes left, in your world, it should have been right.  Up should have been down.  If Miami were to go undefeated and win the Super Bowl you would harp on the one game in week 7 were they needed a last minute field goal to win.

People like you?  There is no pleasing. 

I believe you would be most comfortable in the anti-Fins section.  Because, after all, you are clearly a troll.

That is all.

you can't debate me on any one of my opinions because they are all correct. I was correct about Allen. I am correct about Sparano.  There is pleasing me.....WIN GAMES!!!  We are 2-4 in our last 6 games and 0-3 at home. Yet somehow I am supposed to post rosy thoughts and think everything wit the team is great. Get a clue! This team is bad. It's coaching is terrible.  If they go and win a bunch of games in a row, I shut up and eat crow because I was wrong. But I am being proven right about my thoughts and opinions, therefore that isn't being negative....that is being CORRECT!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:48 pm »

So you would rather be right than happy.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
tepop
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2010, 05:33:20 pm »

you can't debate me on any one of my opinions because they are all correct. I was correct about Allen. I am correct about Sparano.  There is pleasing me.....WIN GAMES!!!  We are 2-4 in our last 6 games and 0-3 at home. Yet somehow I am supposed to post rosy thoughts and think everything wit the team is great. Get a clue! This team is bad. It's coaching is terrible.  If they go and win a bunch of games in a row, I shut up and eat crow because I was wrong. But I am being proven right about my thoughts and opinions, therefore that isn't being negative....that is being CORRECT!

You aren't right at all. 
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2010, 05:49:55 pm »

So you would rather be right than happy.

NO!!! But I am not going to bury my head in the sand and lie to myself and say we are a good team and we have good coaches. Why, to make myself feel good?

I live in reality and can deal with the fact that my favorite NFL team isn't very good right now and is years away from being legit. Why is that such a bad thing? I need to lie to myself? How is that any good?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2010, 05:53:52 pm »

I live in reality and can deal with the fact that my favorite NFL team isn't very good right now and is years away from being legit.
Ah-HA!  Proof that you are a Bills fan!

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »

NO!!! But I am not going to bury my head in the sand and lie to myself and say we are a good team and we have good coaches. Why, to make myself feel good?

I live in reality and can deal with the fact that my favorite NFL team isn't very good right now and is years away from being legit. Why is that such a bad thing? I need to lie to myself? How is that any good?

You want them to do bad when you predict they will do bad so you can be right and tell everyone you said so.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2010, 07:18:56 pm »

You want them to do bad when you predict they will do bad so you can be right and tell everyone you said so.

not at all.  Roll Eyes

I just want an honest, intelligent, and high level dicussion about the Fins. I don't need to be "ra-ra" about a team that there is little to nothing to be "ra-ra" about. Go back to September and read my posts after we were 2-0 and 2-0 on the road. I was "ra-ra" about the team, because there was reason to be!!  But then reality sunk in and hit us. And I'm not gonna lie to myslef and say this team is good when it isn't.

And predicted them to do bad? This is the 1st week on this site I have picked them to lose in that little contest, predict teh score thing. It took till week 9 for me to pick them to lose a game. Hardly me picking them to do bad. But why let facts get in the way of your agenda!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »

I actually get what MikeO is saying, and I think he's right on.  Its about popular opinion. 

When Brian Griese was a Dolphin, I was MikeO.  I knew he sucked and was vocal about it when everyone else thought differently.

The difference, though, is that I realize that OPINIONS, by their nature, are neither right nor wrong.  Opinions are not FACT.

Your opinion is Jason Allen sucks.  NOT FACT, OPINION.  There are people in Houston who disagree with you.

Learn the difference that an opinion can never be "correct" and you will be much improved.
tepop
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:36 pm »

lol, of course an opinion can be right or wrong. 
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2010, 07:49:11 pm »

Some of us can see the sky falling miles away (me). Some of us (you) wait for it to hit ya in the head and then act all surprised!

I only yell the sky is falling, when the sky is actually falling!!!!!!!!! You just choose to ignore when I post positive things about players or the team. You like to harp on the negative

You are assuming the sky is falling. "The Titans will kill Pennington and Miami on Sunday. They will load the middle of the field cause PEnnington can't throw outside the numbers. They will blitz a ton, they know we can't throw it deep. It's gonna be ugly."  is hardly a positive prediction of how the game will play out.
You may post some positives, but you were relentless in your negativity campaign against Allen before he was benched. If we look back at your post tallies for the last few weeks, how many will be positive as opposed to negative.
You have been so vocally negative you have stolen the limelight from Tepop( kudo's on that achievement) and people now refer to you as the Yin to Tepop's Yang. Hardly a description for someone who's assesment of their "favorite" team has been balanced and fair.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2010, 07:55:28 pm »

I just want an honest, intelligent, and high level dicussion about the Fins. I don't need to be "ra-ra" about a team that there is little to nothing to be "ra-ra" about. Go back to September and read my posts after we were 2-0 and 2-0 on the road. I was "ra-ra" about the team, because there was reason to be!!  But then reality sunk in and hit us. And I'm not gonna lie to myslef and say this team is good when it isn't.
To cite your favorite former whipping boy, after 5 games (when he had 1 great game against MIN, 1 good game against GB, 2 acceptable games against NE and BUF, and 1 bad game against NYJ) you said that he had been "HORRIBLE all season."

Did he go downhill from that point?  Sure.  But even when he was playing well, you were bashing him endlessly (based almost entirely on previous years' performances).  That is hardly "ra-ra."

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2010, 08:30:07 pm »

I actually get what MikeO is saying, and I think he's right on.  Its about popular opinion. 

When Brian Griese was a Dolphin, I was MikeO.  I knew he sucked and was vocal about it when everyone else thought differently.

The difference, though, is that I realize that OPINIONS, by their nature, are neither right nor wrong.  Opinions are not FACT.

Your opinion is Jason Allen sucks.  NOT FACT, OPINION.  There are people in Houston who disagree with you.

Learn the difference that an opinion can never be "correct" and you will be much improved.

I will be much improved? Who the F' are you Tony Robbins?

Jason Allens does suck. He was cut by Miami and picked up by teh WORST defense in the NFL!! There is no opinion about Jason Allen not sucking. HE SUCKS! That is a fact!! It took 4 years and 1 guy getting hurt and another being a 2nd round bust for him to win a starting job in Miami. He bombed out and played HORRIBLY and lost his job and was cut mid-season. Nuff said.

And not everything is an "opinion". Some things are stated facts. And people think they are opinions.  When someone says Pennington hasn't got an NFL arm, he doesn't have an NFL arm anymore. That isn't an "opinion" that is a fact. He can't throw a deep ball or a pass outside the numbers anymore. The guy is shot.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:31:57 pm by MikeO » Logged
tepop
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2010, 08:33:57 pm »

mikeo, you are like the opposite of me, i am right about 95% of the time, you are right about 5%.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray