Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:31:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Worst Post-Marino Era QB?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Worst Post-Marino Era QB?  (Read 18856 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: November 18, 2010, 03:59:10 pm »

I can't even do a poll, because you could make a valid argument for any of the 15 QBs that have started since Dan Marino.

My vote goes to John Beck, who was utterly, ridiculously, and unimaginably over matched. It was a complete and total nightmare in the 1-15 season of just a few years ago. You guys think Henne is robotic and not mobile, go back and view some footage of John Beck.

In fact, I'll save you the effort. Just view this video for all you need to know about how John Beck's NFL career had developed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDIqcHBkyJs

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 04:04:35 pm »

Based on the total investment made on him, and the fact that Drew Brees was passed over in favor of him, I'd have to say it was Culpepper.

(modified to add- especially since he was hailed as a savior).

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:09:17 pm »

My vote goes to John Beck, who was utterly, ridiculously, and unimaginably over matched.
That's a bit unfair to Beck since pretty much the entire team was utterly, rdiculously and unimaginably over matched that year.  Throw a rookie into that situation and you get exactly what you got.  He looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

I'll say it was Joey Harrington who was a 5 year veteran and had a LOT more to work with than Beck did and didn't fare much better.  A.J. Feely and Ray Lucas would be good choices too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:16:21 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:18:41 pm »

Pat White
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »

Ray Lucas.....Just seeing or hearing his name makes my blood pressure rise!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 05:09:25 pm »

It makes my head hurt to try and pick one.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 05:17:37 pm »

Pat White

Jtex asks about the 15 who started games. While he was horrible, he was never a starter.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 05:46:06 pm »

Jtex asks about the 15 who started games. While he was horrible, he was never a starter.

Nor has Thigpen...Right now the count is 14.  It is projected to rise later today. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:00:51 pm »

Yea that was pretty bad, but at least he was consistent, ha ha ha..........
tits muldoon

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 07:23:18 pm »

Thigpens time has come!!! Best on roster its about time. Until we draft one (next year)?? But not until mid-rounds dont want to give up on Henne right?? ahh!!  Fucking Fins!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 07:57:31 pm »

For exactly the reasons Philly said, I'd go with Culpepper as well. So much hype, so little production, and we let the "real" savior go down to the bayou.

That said, if Miami or SF couldn't have Brees, I'm kind of glad that New Orleans got him. They needed that sort of "rallying point" for the community in a big way with all the disaster action.

Honorable mention to John Beck for being the ultimate deer in headlights and for allowing me to make one of my best "thin branch" sports predictions in years.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 10:16:23 pm »

I'd also say Culpepper.  I admit I was excited when he came to town.  Dissapointment struck hard and fast.

The QB I hated and still dislike the most is Jay Fiedler.  I believe had we started an even slightly below average QB during his tenure we'd have made it farther than we ever did with that clown.  That defense and our running game was not unlike that of the Bucs and Ravens during their Superbowl years.  With the amount of turnovers our defense produced it's irritating how little we scored and how ridiculously predictable (HB draw?) our offense was due to our totally impotent passing. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »

Cleo Lemon.  We did go 1-15 that year guys.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 01:29:19 am »

Ray Lucas.

We had a bad team with Lemon, Feeley, Beck, etc.  Lucas singlehandedly kneecapped us.

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 01:30:48 am »

Gotta agree with Lucas.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray