Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:36:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Worst Post-Marino Era QB?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Worst Post-Marino Era QB?  (Read 18853 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:45 am »

Let me just point out one more reason to vote for Lucas:

After Lucas played, we prayed and hoped to get Jay Fiedler back ASAP.

Jay Fiedler...
...was an ENORMOUS UPGRADE...
...from this guy.

Can anyone here dispute that?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 10:06:28 am »

Brian Griese

That guy sucked.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 11:07:53 am »

I think it's John Beck.  That dude was terrible, and worse off, he was supposed to be a long term solution.

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 01:32:17 pm »

I'm gonna say Culpepper,but have no arguments with Lucas (Luca-plakia) either...

I totally agree with Guru with Hating Feidler.....

For me I always thought it was cyclical? ( if that's a word?)

Game 1- He'd do just enough,nothing over the top,but nothing really bad...Ok he's not Bad serviceable....whatever...

Next Game - plays Ok for a quarter or half,then bad throws,floats,runs when he should throw,probably a mistake or two...

Game after that - One Play doesn't work out, the next he does something out of nothing good,then a bunch of WTF moments....

Then it starts all over,the coaches pull the reigns in to make sure he builds his confidence....
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 02:09:54 pm »

I still think Fiedler is the best QB we have had between Marino and Henne.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 02:20:07 pm »

^ I think the best we've had was Pennington.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 03:01:11 pm »

I think it's tough to argue against Fiedler as the best post-Marino QB (so far).  His record destroys anyone else's and he was able to show some grit and win a playoff game.  It's also obvious (based on 2002) that there was a huge gap between Fiedler and the next guy in line.

Pennington had one really good season in 2008, but the guy is made of paper mache, which does count for something.  He hasn't played enough to win the competition.  Fiedler was injured a lot too, but he gave us 4 seasons of consistent (if unspectacular) play.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 03:09:47 pm »

Normally I'd say Lucas hands down, but we also got him for practically nothing, so I'm going to go with AJ Feeley.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 04:18:42 pm »

I wouldn't say Fiedler was the best since Marino. Its just that we had a bigger sample size of games he played.You could argue Pennington was the best, and you could also argue for Frerotte. I know I'll catch crap for that, but if you look at what Frerotte did, he played very well. Had the front office decided to draft a QB and move forward with Frerotte, its possible Saban would've stuck around longer. Instead they made the decision to go after one of two guys, and picked the wrong one.

I still say its Culpepper because you have to look at who they COULD'VE signed instead, as a free agent. Instead, they traded a pick, and paid Culpepper a fortune.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Landshark
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 04:34:50 pm »

Ray Lucas.  Like AZ, I still seethe when I hear his name.
Dolarltexas

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »

My pick goes to AJ Feeley, but it's really depressing knowing that are so many other valid choices for this 'honor'.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 08:13:25 pm »

Normally I'd say Lucas hands down, but we also got him for practically nothing, so I'm going to go with AJ Feeley.

My pick goes to AJ Feeley, but it's really depressing knowing that are so many other valid choices for this 'honor'.

I can see being pissed that they traded a 2nd for Feeley, and he didn't do anything (Except beat the Pats on MNF). But again, they traded a 2nd round pick for Culpepper and could've had Brees! Oh, thats right, Brees had a bad shoulder, but the team doctors said Culpeppers knee was good to go. I never want those doctors to give me a medical opinion regarding my health!

Sorry, I need to make people realize how crappy of a decision Culpepper was, because it was in lieu of signing Brees!

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »

Lucas

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 11:25:48 pm »

I can see being pissed that they traded a 2nd for Feeley, and he didn't do anything (Except beat the Pats on MNF). But again, they traded a 2nd round pick for Culpepper and could've had Brees! Oh, thats right, Brees had a bad shoulder, but the team doctors said Culpeppers knee was good to go. I never want those doctors to give me a medical opinion regarding my health!

Sorry, I need to make people realize how crappy of a decision Culpepper was, because it was in lieu of signing Brees!

I think the worst was when Dante was playing for Oakland when they beat MIA and ran into the endzone for a TD, then pointed at his knee to taunt us.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 11:33:11 pm »

do you guys remember watching all these clowns play?  while all pretty terrible, most could at least make some basic NFL throws (yes, even lucas). 

the qb who lacked the most football skills in my opinion was probably beck.  i mean he would just......stand there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray