Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Worst Post-Marino Era QB?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Worst Post-Marino Era QB?  (Read 18854 times)
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2010, 09:48:09 pm »

Surprised at all the hate for Lucas, granted he sucked, must be because he was a former Jet.  For me, determining the worst post Marino QB, I would only consider those guys who were signed to become the starting QB, not the back-ups who were thrust into starting due to injury.  Therefore, the worst has to be AJ Feeley.  He had one or two good games in Philly and they brought him in like he was the second coming of ...., he was terrible.  At least with Culpepper he was coming back from an injury, and he was probably rushed to play too soon.

SO CORRECT.  How could we all Forget A.J. Feeley. God he sucked.  Wanny LOL. I still remember the press conference when he brought him in.  He praised him so greatly. What a Joke.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 09:17:00 pm »

^^^ For me it's almost a toss up between the two the deciding factor for Lucas isn't that he was a Jet, it was the fact that he rode the bench for a year and a number of people on the old MiamiDolphins.com web board were actually clamoring for him to start over Fiedler.   Then he started the one Buffalo game and repeatedly was throwing the ball in the ground.  That 2002 team was a potential superbowl caliber, and in stretch of about 5 weeks when he was starting, it was all over.

Feeley actually managed to win a few games down the 2004 stretch for the Dolphins including the Monday Night comeback game against the Patriots but he was only there one year.  He also had some shitty ones like the 5 INT game against Buffalo.  But he really only played part of '04 and it was pretty apparent from the start that Wanny wasted a draft pick on him in the trade.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 10:54:13 pm »

what about Scott Mitchell,   he sucked as well. 

I don't think Mitchell was a post-Marino QB, was he?

Here's how I remember it: Mitchell played well in limited play when Marino was hurt.  We traded him for more value than he was worth (to the Lions, I think) and then he fizzled into nothing.  ...a net gain for the Dolphins.

Damon Huard was the guy behind Marino when he finally retired, but never got the chance to start.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray